xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zach101

History Of The Command And Conquers?

hey guys i play sc ALOT and i sorta need a breather but i still havent found another good rts game. Ive tried the age of empires games bah.... to slow pace same with age of mytholgoies and wc. Ive heard good things about cc and that its basically just like sc however with all big franchizes theres usually some really sucky games in the bunch is this true for cc? what one should i buy? and hows the online play? is rise of nations good? any recomendations for a good FAST paced rts would be great. how long ago did the first command and conquer game come out. ???

Here are the CC I remember playing (as in the US (or some amalgation of allied states) vs the "rogue": Tiberian Sun, the one with Yori (Russia), China, Middle East. Age of Empires I and II and Rise of Nations. Rise of Nations gives you real combat capabiltity with modern weapons (tank, rpg, machine gun) through long epochs that can be advanced quickly. If you want to get to the modern age with cities and tank warfare, etc. then you can advance through more primitive weapon stages quickly with the right game settings. Also there's economic micromanagement more expansive than mining "ore." (Iron, Stone, Gold, Oil, Lumber, Food (Livestock, Farming, Fishing)Rise of Nations can even get more complex than you can manage. If you expand too fast too quick you can lose track of your cities then get picked off by barbarians and other CPU states (depending on difficulty). My suggestion, try Rise of Nations if you're into RTS games, and think you may have exhausted everything else, or are looking for something new anyway.

hey guys i play sc ALOT and i sorta need a breather but i still havent found another good rts game.  Ive tried the age of empires games bah.... to slow pace same with age of mytholgoies and wc.  Ive heard good things about cc and that its basically just like sc however with all big franchizes theres usually some really sucky games in the bunch is this true for cc? what one should i buy? and hows the online play?  is rise of nations good?  any recomendations for a good FAST paced rts would be great.  how long ago did the first command and conquer game come out. ???

166812[/snapback]

The latest version of Command and Conquer out currently, is Generals, and the expansion Zero Hour. Many fans, though, believe it has not stayed true to the original series, though I admit it is quite fun. The game itself is still not all that new though, and I believe it's already in the EA Classics range. However, it is slow*ish*, and I don't see it being better in terms of speed, than Age of Mythology, in fact CC:G may be worse. Online, there are some people, so you should get a game, no problem.

For a faster pace, try the one before Generals, which is Red Alert 2. I don't know about online presence, but I know it was popular a couple of years back. It is still in a kind of 2D mode, and I, personally, didn't particuarly like it. Even earlier, is CC: Tiberian Sun, which I remember to be really quite slow considering it's 2D nature. Not one I recommend, sorry.

I did enjoy Age of Empires II though. I know it has quite a large online presence still, and should be of a fast enough pace :D

Rise of Nations is good, but not as insanely popular online as some of the other titles mentioned. Basically, anything with 3D units/buildings will seem "slower", so you'd probably have to look out for the older games.

Rise of Nation is one of the best RTS game I ever play. :D Rise of Nations features eight different ages: classical, medieval, gunpowder, enlightenment, industrial, modern, and information which is the top of age.I think , Rise of Nations is better than the strategy games that have come before it. It's smarter. It's more challenging. It gives you more to do. In fact RON has fairly detailed graphic, especially from diffrent civilization architecture.I'm looking forward to Age Of Emapire 3, too tough.. Just see the screenshot make my "jaw hit the floor" :(

I myself am a huge command and conquer fan. It is an incredible strategy game and I absolutely love it and have ever since the very first one. I love the scale of the game, there are no restrictions on the size or formation of your army. I remember playing multiplayer with the original red alert when I was really young against a friend and we actually had a rule that only covert operations were allowed for the first two hours and that no bullets were allowed to be fired, just so that we could each build our armies up massively. Personally I find Red Alert to be my favourite game of all time! I was not absolutely impressed with Red Alert 2 and especially not tiberian sun. Generals was very average as well. I'm still waiting for another C&C game to astound me like back in the old days, when the gameplay was complimented by the story line and effort into the story.

Well thanks for the help guys i really think cc sounds liek the game for me rise of nations im sure is a great game but holly crap eight levels to advance through? i just hate games like that there so freaking slow they dont even seem real time takes like an hour to play a multiplayer game just like age of mytholgogy and what not no im afreaid i need somthing a bit faster so code red or w/e it was called is the one to get? if its the best i have no doubt many people still play it