xisto Community
justdoit8319

Guestbook html

Ok well i am currently in the process of creating a site. I have Dreamweaver and i am looking to make a guestbook. How can i do this. Also i need a way to make my site easily navigable. So i am looking to make a menu of some sort. can someone send me an example of either one of these. that would be great.

Ok well i am currently in the process of creating a site. I have Dreamweaver and i am looking to make a guestbook. How can i do this. Also i need a way to make my site easily navigable. So i am looking to make a menu of some sort. can someone send me an example of either one of these. that would be great.

166736[/snapback]

My site demonstrates one of A List Apart's many menus. Just look for the CSS menus they have. For guestbooks, a remotely hosted script might be best. Bravenet.com and a few other sites have them. There's also a few scripts for this in your cPanel. Try checking it out.

Hi friend?First of all.... You are newbie in make a site?Do you know some internet language? like PHP, ASP, etc.Well... if you don't know I suggest you learn some tutorial and improve your know how because you will open a fantastic universe for you... You will be able to create all you want.If you don't know some internet language I also suggest you to search a free service like BRAVENETI don't use this Free Service and I make my all programs because I don't want that my pages shows banners and I want that my pages became with my layout.For make your website layout I suggest you to see others websites and learn like a painter learn to paint... with examples.I use the Dreamwaver and is a excelent Editor you will love it.For make a menu... hummm... I usually copy a paste from the websites and change the collors and the basic layout....You can see examples with javascript... you can create good menus with javascripts.Good luck :D

Guestbooks are quite complicated if you want to create one from scratch. You will need to know a server-side scripting language such as PHP. Xisto supports PHP so no problems there. You will also need a way to store message. MySQL databases can do this. Xisto also supports MySQL. PHP and MySQL are made for each other.

I mentioned a database, but you can store messages in a text file. An advantage to this is that if your MySQL database ever go down, then the guestbook will work.

If you want to learn PHP, then go to http://php.net/. The site is a little bit intimidating at first because every aspect about PHP is listed there.

I posted a simple guestbook made with PHP/MySQL long time ago. It should be here in Xisto somewhere. Try the searchengine. It was a response to a collegue who was looking for a guestbook from schratch. I got a reputation point for my reply :-)One of the drawbacks of Xisto is that retrieving information of the forums is tedious and not efficient. I guess there is a big amount of useful information in Xisto database which even the members ignore.