xisto Community
Johnny

Johnny's 3d Landscapes

That's some crazy grass. It's like OMG NEON. The shadowing could use a little work but wow. Nice :D

Nguyen, I never said it was hard...I do simple stuff too, you know. So hush.

166697[/snapback]

Okay fine then, but would it kill you to make thumbnails? Hosting them all on imageshack would reduce the bandwidth load and you'll get pretty thumbnails.

By the way, I really like that 3rd image. Never got a picture of a pool/canyon/hole when I played around with Terragen.

[1] Okay fine then, but would it kill you to make thumbnails? Hosting them all on imageshack would reduce the bandwidth load and you'll get pretty thumbnails.

[2] By the way, I really like that 3rd image. Never got a picture of a pool/canyon/hole when I played around with Terragen.

166712[/snapback]

[1] I suppose I could. But doesn't imageshack have bandwidth and size limits?

[2] Thanks. I tried to make it look like it was the viewpoint of someone looking over a cliff...not sure how well I did that.

[1] I suppose I could. But doesn't imageshack have bandwidth and size limits?

[2] Thanks. I tried to make it look like it was the viewpoint of someone looking over a cliff...not sure how well I did that.

166743[/snapback]

[1] Imageshack does not have bandwidth limits. The size limit is 1 MB, but I don't think that you've ever made something larger than that at Xisto.

[2] Yeah sure whatever.

I also like penultimate image. Never got grass when I played around with Terragen.

[1] Imageshack does not have bandwidth limits. The size limit is 1 MB, but I don't think that you've ever made something larger than that at Xisto.

[2] Yeah sure whatever.

I also like penultimate image. Never got grass when I played around with Terragen.

166755[/snapback]

UNO! -- Oh, alrighty, sounds good. I'll upload them in a bit then. (I think some of my C4D renders are over a meg, but none of my fractals or terras.

DOS! -- :(

TRES! -- Penultimate. That's a word you don't hear/see often. I've gotta use that more. And grass is pretty simple...if you want, I guess I could tell you. If you're nice. :D

UNO! -- Oh, alrighty, sounds good. I'll upload them in a bit then. (I think some of my C4D renders are over a meg, but none of my fractals or terras.

DOS! --  :(

TRES! -- Penultimate. That's a word you don't hear/see often. I've gotta use that more. And grass is pretty simple...if you want, I guess I could tell you. If you're nice.  :D

166763[/snapback]

You hear penultimate a lot in Latin. Stress is always on the penultimate. Since pen means almost, and ultima/ultimate is the end, it's almost at the end. Same for peninsula. Pen = almost, insula = island.

Yay, I taught you guys Latin!

You hear penultimate a lot in Latin. Stress is always on the penultimate. Since pen means almost, and ultima/ultimate is the end, it's almost at the end. Same for peninsula. Pen = almost, insula = island.

Yay, I taught you guys Latin!

166799[/snapback]

You taught me nothing. I know what penultimate means. :D

And that was liek, omgofftopic. :(

anyways back on topic at hand that is still some sick stuff, bet if you put more thought into it, it would look serious ill (thats mine)recommend using some dark shades of red and slate grey for the mountains and put some ripple in your grass.

First, I like the rock formations, they have nice curve and seem very organic to me, very natural, they remind me of several places in Arizona. The rock has a nice rugged lookd to it, but something I've noticed from rock climbing and hiking is that you might want to give it a slight powdered look to it, because many mountains look that way (or at least the ones your making, or the ones you seem to be making).Second, you really might want to darken down the grass a little bit, don't bring it down to the level of real grass (or at least what the grass around here looks like) because I think making it lighter gives it a sort of nice look.

First, I like the rock formations, they have nice curve and seem very organic to me, very natural, they remind me of several places in Arizona.  The rock has a nice rugged lookd to it, but something I've noticed from rock climbing and hiking is that you might want to give it a slight powdered look to it, because many mountains look that way (or at least the ones your making, or the ones you seem to be making).

Second, you really might want to darken down the grass a little bit, don't bring it down to the level of real grass (or at least what the grass around here looks like) because I think making it lighter gives it a sort of nice look.

168619[/snapback]

I'll keep that stuff in mind then.