xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ArMs

Dell Vs Alienware which is better and why?

which computer is better? the ones made from alienware or dell. i am plannign on buying a new computer but really dun no which one. I want to make my own costomized computer but i cant cause i dun n ojack about computers.lol anyhow some one give me feedback cause i need it like asap. thank and ppl please vote for dell or alienware.

I'd say alienware would be a good choice if you're looking for a powerful pc. But if you're looking for a really powerful computer, then i suggest buying a custom made mac. The macs i've seen can own any pc anyday. But it really comes down to what you're gonna be using the computer for. If you're gonna be using it for games, then i suggest alienware. Everything else go with a mac.

I think, as truefusion said, that alienware has the best compters. However they're really expensive. I'd checked the best computer, configured with the best hardware, and i must say that i'll never get enough money for that :D All in one i suggest Alienware.

If money is not an option, then choose alienware. It's extremely powerful and probably won't come with random softwares. If you're on a budget, then go with Dell. Dell has gotten a lot of positive reviews, and it's reliable. Plus, it comes with tons of random software for you.

In my opinion, alien ware are good computers but they charge you for the name. You can get the same specs for cheaper. I would go with dell over alien ware any day just because they are cheaper and they still have great computers. But if your looking to use this computer mainly for gaming, and you have the money.... Then I would suggest Alienware.I would have to disagree with you truefusion.... Macs arn't always better, and like you said.... Its mainly about what you are going to use it for. I personally don't like macs cause not all games are for macs and its harder to do programming.

From my experience, Dell is reliable and relatively inexpensive. I've heard Alienware is really good as well. They're really generous with their specs. For gaming, I'd probably go with Alienware since they specialize in that, maybe refurbished if I could find one so it wouldn't be as expensive. You can also upgrade any aspect of the computer. But for working or just general operation, I'd take my Dell :D

The difference between a dell and an alienware PC is that alienware has been thoroughly tested and over-priced. Dell on the other side is the most hated company next to Microsoft. I recommend you to do some looking at http://www.newegg.com/ and put togheter your own PC...cheaper and better, and you are sure you will get quality parts AND you will know what's inside your computer!

The difference between a dell and an alienware PC is that alienware has been thoroughly tested and over-priced. Dell on the other side is the most hated company next to Microsoft. I recommend you to do some looking at http://www.newegg.com/ and put togheter your own PC...cheaper and better, and you are sure you will get quality parts AND you will know what's inside your computer!

166814[/snapback]

How is Dell the most hated company next to Microsoft? I hate Microsoft with all my heart, but I love Dell. They even have a great customer service program (from my experience). Alienware is overpriced, certainly, but Dell's been thoroughly tested as well.

Building your own PC is not at all cheap if you go for the good stuff. And if you don't know what you're doing, it can be a disaster, even though building your own computer is a relatively simple procedure. However, newegg.com does have some really great deals and I recommend looking through them.

but the problem with alienware besides the price is that the computer lean more toward gaming then anything else, not reeally for designing, and chatting.go dell its more flexible to use.

For my own experince i would go with alienware just because its really powerfull and havent fail me. Dell is good but i havent had the chance of working with it but as many persons have already said it all comes down for what your are using it for, Ill go with a custom computer any day . MAcs i would recomend it to you if you are going for editing music or graphics.

I think alienware would OwN dell so ez cuz thay ment for dell's r not dell ment for school and stuff and the alien ware is for gaming and websites and 24/7 and *BLEEP* but thats just my opiondell can play games but it might lag a lil cuz my gf has it she plays game son it and it lags lil but then again u can always get more morney or snop it up but u got know whelll u r doing or u can *BLEEP* it all up

I think alienware would OwN dell so ez cuz thay ment for dell's r not dell ment for school and stuff

and the alien ware is for gaming and websites and 24/7 and *BLEEP* but thats just my opion

dell can play games but it might lag a lil cuz my gf has it she plays game son it and it lags lil but then again u can always get more morney or snop it up but u got know whelll u r doing or u can *BLEEP* it all up

168160[/snapback]

Dell also has versions of gaming computers. I'm quite content with making my websites on it as well. Not sure what you mean by 24/7 (perhaps everyday activity?) but that would be what Dell's for - the general brand of computers for every day stuff. It's probably best to start from scratch while scoping up your computer simply because you never know if you're going to have something screw up on you.