xisto Community
Kubi

New Cod Sig Cycle of Doom

Soo, my friend and I are making a game called "Cycle of Doom". And we need a banner for it. So I made one!

Posted Image

Whipped it up in about 20 minutes. Yes, it's supposed to be dark.

Comments?

Oh, I thought you were saying CoD as in Call of Duty. I was like...that's NOT Call of Duty. :DAnyway, not bad, but the text color doesn't fit very well, and you could lose the dots on the face, and just have them on the bg.Not too bad though. 7/10.

I think the text is a little bit too dark to read. For a banner you need the text to stand out and grab peoples' attention. I also agree with Johnny that you could try removing the dots from the face. Nice work, 8/10

Oh. My. Cod. That is dark. (thought I use that before anyone else uses it :()

And there's something wrong with Photobucket, too. An image will NOT load if you're attempting to open load a page and an image simultaneously. That means that I have to stop all other page from loading. :D

As for the sig:

Can't tell what's happening on the left. It looks like a pillow is resting on a flashlight which is on a box. That's how weird it looks

The brushing is kinda simple. Maybe that's because you brushed too much. I don't know.

Good use of dots. Gave it depth. Anyone up for a game of Dots?

The text is weird. Lose the inward bevel.

7.5/10

Wow, thats dark, 1. The text is real hard to read, I would brighten it up a little.2. Remover the donts on the face.3. I cant tell at all whats happining on the right.7.7/10

Well snlildude....I gatta tell you, I didn't use a bevel PERIOD. With all d ue resppect, you've been undermining my sigs and saying I'm doing things with I'm in fact, NOT. I respect your opinion but please respect what I do, I've been makin sig for 1 week now and they aren't perfect.As for the brushing, I did a simple thing because this isn't ganna be going world wide. Didn't need to make anything fancy. I know it's not banner size, and I don't know why my firend wanted to make a 400x150 one anyways.And, what the heck are you guys talking about? A pillow on a flashlight in a box? UHMMM, it's a robot. And Lesser, I think you mean "Left" not "right". Meh?

[1]Well snlildude....I gatta tell you, I didn't use a bevel PERIOD.  [2] With all d ue resppect, you've been undermining my sigs and [3] saying I'm doing things with I'm in fact, NOT. I respect your opinion but please respect what I do, [4] I've been makin sig for 1 week now and they aren't perfect.

[5] As for the brushing, I did a simple thing because this isn't ganna be going world wide. Didn't need to make anything fancy. I know it's not banner size, and I don't know why my firend wanted to make a 400x150 one anyways.

[6] And, what the heck are you guys talking about? A pillow on a flashlight in a box? UHMMM, it's a robot.

166531[/snapback]

[1] How should I know that you didn't use a bevel? I'm still a Photoshop newbie myself--designing sigs in less time than you (you started earlier than me). I guess I should have added something that expressed my not knowing. Sorry.

[2] Well, I've been judging it by what I see. What I see reflect my styles and my skillz. Other people may not agree with me because they have different styles (prefer darker colors over ligher colors) or they have different skillz (Brooks and me). So what may be "undermining" from one person may be great from another.

[3] Well, that all goes back to my newbieness. I still have no idea where everything is in Photoshop. :(

[4] And mine aren't perfect either. I never said that I was perfect. Sure, my actions may have hinted it, but I was only trying to guide you in the right direction (or rather, what I think is the right direction).

[5] Well, okay, but I was pointing out that not much was happening. Maybe that will focus more on the render. :-/

[6] This one is clearly my not knowing what COD is. :D

Edit: Fixed a typo.

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

Hey, guys, we're mods. We (and by we I mean you) shouldn't be arguing over trivial stuff. Snlildude made a mistake, KuBi made a mistake, it's all good. I personally think you both need to improve a lot. O.o

Well, comment on my posts...not here....

166750[/snapback]

Then don't ask here. :D

Anyway, one more thing about the sig...there should be more color on the render. O.o I'm pretty sure that Killzone guy doesn't come in silver.

Uhm, ok, we're kinda getting off topic here, thread closed.Thanks for the....comments