xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Improved Personalized Google Page now enhanceable with RSS feeds :D

sweet! :D everyone can now enhance their personalized google page with RSS feeds! :(

personalize your own google page here:

https://www.google.com/ig

then add your own choices of RSS content by clicking the "Add Content" on the upper left hand corner. Go to 'Create a Section', then type in the RSS feed you want to include in your personalized google page (you know, they usually have these in blogs, and other content websites like BBC, etc. just google for RSS for more info :(). Alternatively, you can simply search for a topic or publication to add. there are other built-in feeds you can add, so just add any which fits you. :D

google rules! :(

OooooooooOOOOOoooh. Nifty!Once again, I <3 Google. If they made a browser, I'd probably take it over Firefox (omgz blasphemy).

i think it was done long back...and these features indicate that google wants to take over yahoo...and as most probably they will be coming out with their browser and may be then OS and then might be microsoft will be thier target!

All hail Google! I love having the weather and Dictionary.com word of the day. I'm a geek.

173779[/snapback]

I though that was just :P , oh well the RSS feeds are a nice touch, except now I find Google are slowly taking over my computer what with Google Desktop, and Google Talk just installed and this being my new homepage, where will it end? (I'm screwed if they bring out an OS :P, well at least nothing will get me away from Deer Park Alpha 2, apart from Firefox 1.5 ;) ) any way I find this to be a very easy way to keep up with news, and I hope it continues to develop and it should eventually pwn all over Yahoo and MSN (although you cant really count them :P )

damn those google guys must be loaded all the stuff they have out and still making more, i wouldn't mind trading places with one of them for a day or so.

Very cool, Google is coming out with so much stuff it's hard for me to keep up with. It's too bad my website is already my blog, and I have a Xanga on top of that. Google will eventually take over Yahoo with all of its features, and IMO, they are working on taking our computers over dontmaimyourself.Heh, now if only Google would start a program similar to Sparknotes..

it seems to me that google has already beaten yahoo, now all they have to do is make something familiar to "yahoo groups" and they'll bury yahoo.

The new personalized page improvements are cool.. They have added online bookmarks. There are a few feed already available to be put on the page. If we want some feed which is not available it can be added by adding an url in the "create a section". It already had Gmail, Quote of the Day and Word of the day, search history... etc...Google is getting better and better.. I am surprised how is it able to launch so many things so fast... google talk, gmail improvements, personalization, google desktop version 2 etc...Hats off to them...Cheers.

Yeah i like google's personalized homepage except for one thing. Their block to display news from google news should be adjustable to show news from a certain topic like Sports or Tech, etc. That is my only suggestion for them and i did email them my suggestion like they ask all users of their beta services to do.