xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
emperor

Oak Island Treasure Amazing mistery

I always was charmed by the story of the treasure of Oak Island. And for who doesn't know its story, I will tell it.

Oak Island covers an area of just 140 acres. Located off the eastern coast of Nova Scotia (Mahone Bay), Canada, it has long been the site of much speculation for treasure hunters worldwide. Many theories are in existence as to what may actually lie in The Pit, ranging from a pirate’s bounty to the final resting place of the Holy Grail. One thing is certain, whatever is hidden, it was not intended to be discovered without a struggle. For over 200 years, treasure hunters have been trying to unearth its secret.

The research of this treasure started in 1975 when three young boys discovered on this island a very deep well. They started to dig, but after 9mts they stopped. But in 1804 they started again, each 3 metres they founded squares of oak. The strange things is that this panels are glued with a matic of coconut, but coconut palms don't grow in a cold place as Nova Scotia. After about 27 metres they found a slab, on this it's written a misterious message that everyone has ever decrypted. After other 3 metres the well was filled of sea water for 10 metres. Later was dsicovered the existence of two galleries that bring the water from the ocean to the well.
In next years many people have tried to dig the well, 6 people died and people spend over 6 million of dollars. But anyone has discovered any treasure.
The actual owners (a syndicate and another man) have planned to restart to dig.
Anyone know exactly how this island was used in the past, the most reliable theory tell about a place where pirates collect their treasures. But exist many other theories: form the Holy Grail to works of Francis Bacon

If you like more info you can visit http://www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk/ and you can decide to start to dig :D

Looks Interesting...I'm wondering what kind of treasure under there, must be more worth than "6 Million dollars" then. Since, people waste that as much as money just for it.Now get that hoe and start diging! :D

hmmm very interesting indeed could you provide a link to the rest of the story.

Wow. I'm going to go and have a look at that website now. It sounds very interesting. Thanks for posting this.Whatever treasure is there, I hope it is worth it. After spending 6 million dollars, and having 6 people die...I hope for all their sakes, it's something spectacular.

Wow! I can't believe I'd never heard of this before. It's a very interesting story, I'm going to have to look up more about it. I hope there is lots of information out there - mind you, how much information can there really be for a mystery. If it was known, it wouldn't be a mystery anymore.Anyway, this is a very cool thing to read about, thanks for posting it. I hope they find something good down there soon, because I'm going to go nuts until I can know what is down there.

Wow, so many people are into treasure hunting. If you ask me for advise, I think you all should check out a show on Cartoon Network called "One Piece." It is shown on Saturday, two episodes in a row. It's about this dude with rubber abilities to stretch but not swim and he and his crew are on a hunt for a big treasure called "One Piece." I watch the show myself.As with the treasure story found on the first post, i'm not into it much. I don't think any treasure is worth six deaths, especially pursuing blindly. To me, it's probably just some gold or some antiques. Seeing people pursuing such treasures remind me of coin collectors.Yeah, I no pirate; there is no need for treasures for me.

Sig Apprentice*********

Group: [HOSTED]
Member No.: 1,218

OHya!!
surprise....

-------------------
btw:oak isle is a story i have read when i'm a child i think.but i haven't remember what 's the good for that time..oh good memory

Why did you quote SM's title n stuff.......And emperor, fix all your grammar errors i barely understand your post. Sounds cool though i think ill go check out the website later. Probably was just a wishing well that someone covered up with dirt rofl

Well.. i really doubt if the treasure is really that important that 6 lifes and so many money has been lose for it..There are legends.. and that legends usually aren't true. This may be real, but is it really worth for some pretty old gold pieces or items?Now I belive is something even more important than that relies hidden, such as the "Holy Grail" as the description said then i'm sure there would be lots of people seeking it. :)

I thought it was pretty interesting that I'd never even heard of this place until I read about it on these boards (aren't these boards great?) and then just recently (I say recently, but it wasn't all that recently, but after reading about the island here) I saw a program about it on the tv.Granted, it pretty much just told me everything that I already knew about that place already, but it was still good to see it getting some attention in the media. Perhaps because of it, someone will put more money into researching the area and finding us some answers.