xisto Community
Cain

Hosting Credits As Currency? Would you consider it?

I suppose this question is more specifically for the administrators and moderators, but I feel that perhaps some feedback from other users might be of help. My question is whether or not it might be possible to make the Hosting Credits that we all earn per post might be able to be used as a type of currency. For example, I'm aware that there are many forums that allow such a feature that credits earned from posts can be used as a currency to either reward other forum members with or to purchase some sort of item.My thinking behind it is that things often come up, for example, family emergencies or unexpected removal of computer and for people, it might not always be the easiest to keep up the credits that they need to keep their hosting. Now if we were able to trade and pass on credits, one member would be able to loan a certain number of credits to another member so that the receiving member is able to maintain his hosting while he is unable to participate on the forums. This prevents many unnecessary account suspensions that occur every once in a while. In return the recipient could write an I.O.U. of some sort and either return the credits at a predetermined date with or without interest. If some sort of system for this is possible then I would like to ask that we may implement it as it may prevent many problems in the future.

This looks like a great system OpaQue. Especially as the school holidays have just started here in Britain I presume there are a lot of people going away on holiday. Are we all able to use this from now?

Very good thing. But now you shoul build up a section where people can exchange credits or give away them. I've about 120 credits that I'll not use and I'll give it away without any problem. But how can I know who need it? Yes, a section like this will be useful.

hi Opaque,Thats a cool system. Also since the reputation mod is not there now, it can also be used to appreciate some help. But since there is a 3% commission, it might be a deterrent to be used in that matter.But all and all, nice feature to have and hope it would be used well.Cheers.

Thank you very much, OpaQue for setting up this system. I know it will probably help many people and prevent them from having their accounts suspended while they are on leave.Only question, does the 3% commission apply if you are putting it in your bank as well? Or just when you are sending credits to other users?

WOW!! That's so sweet! You can now transfer credits and view how much other people has.By the way, I have over 650 hosting credits, and if you're ever going away, be really nice to me, and I'll give some to you. :D

I think that will be cool. I wish you guys got IPB store 3.0 though. That would be great! A store does take up alot of space though :D . And bringin back an arcade would be sweet as well. I remember there use to be one here.

I think that will be cool. I wish you guys got IPB store 3.0 though. That would be great! A store does take up alot of space though :( . And bringin back an arcade would be sweet as well. I remember there use to be one here.

166000[/snapback]

The arcade was moved here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Go there to play your little games and the Army System. :D

That is a very good system in my opinion. Now people's computers can break without them scrambling all over the place because their website is going to die. Once again great system I think it will really help alot of people. Now if people make signatures for other users they can show some appriciation for the time and effort spent on them.

I just have one final question, does the recipient have to push accept to any sort of PM or e-mail? Because then that might make it harder for this system. Like, if someone is leaving today and they just realize that they need more credits, then they won't be able to push accept for them to actually be recognized and added to his account. So I was just wondering if there was such a system for it.