xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Darker333

Nvidia Driver Problem

Ok, I will explain everything I did before this problem began. Whenever I veiw video, its extremly bright. Sort of ironic how I figured this out during a video presentation. :)Ok, so I was looking at my driver info. From some reason, I found the older driver in my Nvidia folder. So I installed it to compare differences between Nvidea driver 56.72 and 72.72. Then the computer asked me to restart the machine.Now, when I opened it, the computer said Driver Error. And told me to uninstall my Nvid drivers. So I pressed the unistall application in my Nvid folder. Big mistake perhaps, so I reboot my computer once again.NOW it begins. I installed my latest DirectX and Latest driver from the Nvid website. Ok, I reboot my machine again. Now I have the latest driver, 72.72. I tried Battlefield 2 and it runs FINE. I just needed to set my resolution back to 1024. Now, here is when the problem unfolded.I was about to run a Video of a tour in Germany I made myself a year ago infront of a few co-workers. Now I used windows media player, and when I loaded up the .wmv file, it was so bright and yellow. I don't know why it is like this!!! I tried other videos, but nothing worked. Can anyone help me out?~Darker333

I have a Intel Original 845GBV board and has a Nvidia GForce FX card which supports 8x but am able to manage 4x only due to the boards limitation. I tried to install the latest driver both in Vista and XP but there is no much change in the performance seen. Maybe my 40 GB Hard disk is the bottleneck as it runs slow. iI tested with my friends hard disk and it runs fine.Now that I got a new Cpmpaq Presario v2560 I am not too keen on expermenting with my desktop.