xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

So I've Noticed There's Not Much Java Around Here

Most of the posts on the Java board seem to be about JavaScript or JSP. This was kind of surprising to me, since Java is usually hailed as the fastest growing programming language. Not to mention the fact that lots of people now turn off JS and few know about JSP.Do you think Java newest and best thing in programming? Maybe C++ since it's a bit faster and used more, but I think Java probably has the fastest growing support.

nah i think its going a step back in programming yeah you can a ton fo stuff with but its mostly in games cuz you don't have to worry about adding too many feature to the game but when it comes to full blown programs it gets a little tricker and thus coming up with disappointing resaults, their maybe a few exceptions which ones i dunno.But i have seen alot of jsp website floating around, curious how java fits in it.

I would have to agree with Saint Micheal. It's becoming less popular. C++ is probaly one the more popular one as of right now for it's speed. And I only know a handful of sites running on JSP. The most popular website I know off the top of my mind that uses JSP is probaly http://www.webs.com/ mostly it's popular because of how they make it so that a 4 year old could make a website from freewebs. I've moslty been seeing JAVA type of lanuages in games such as Unreal Script from the Unreal Tournament series. And JASS from WarCraft III.