xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
riao

cgi-bin internal server error

I've made all the changes that should be secessary for my cgi scripts to runpath to perl, path to sendmail, paths within the scripts but I keep getting internal server errors. also chmoded everything to 777 for now just in case.One of the scripts was a form mail, so I decided to try one of the scripts from the control panel here:Preinstalled Scripts / CGI CenterI clicked on cgiemail and got the same internal server error.I also get the same error from just trying to open a txt file or a html file from the cgi-bin.Is there something I have to enable to activate the cgi-bin? not sure what else to think...

Well, I feel like a bit of an idiot. For some reason one of my scripts started working today. I didn't do anything on my own, so far as I can tell, although my cgi-bin was chmodded to 755, as was that script. I don't know if anyone did that on an admin side, or whether I did it during some experimentation, but it gave me the hint to solve the problem. I chmodded a few more to 755 that made sense to me, as well as a directory containing some .pl files, and presto!So If anyone did that I thank you! All my scripts are now working fine! :)