xisto Community
snlildude87

Doom Sig with grungy effects

Posted Image

Brooks told me that I should lessen the fill on the text, but I had already closed my Photoshop when he said that, and I was too lazy to open it again. :-/

What do you think?

I had already closed my Photoshop when he said that, and I was too lazy to open it again. :-/

165285[/snapback]

Boy do I know THAT feeling. ;)

Already told you my opinion. :)

Oh, and the renders pretty dark too. O.o

this time i would have gone monotone on it the blending looks bad with the render, i would have blended in more of the render, its nice look grunge background but like johnny sez its flat and i would have have used a black storke on it.6.5/10

this time i would have gone monotone on it the blending looks bad with the render, i would have blended in more of the render, its nice look grunge background but like johnny sez its flat and i would have have used a black storke on it.

6.5/10

165306[/snapback]

6 point frickin' 5?! Aww!

And when did Brooks say it was flat? All he said that the render was dark. Unless you guys talked about my sig on MSN or something....

I don't like blending renders in all the way because it just looks weird if the render's head or something is transparent. Don't you agree? Are you talking about a black stroke on the render or on the font?

Edit: Added that last bit

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

I rather like it. The text and the image work out very well. Plus, it's a great game. 10/10

6 point frickin' 5?! Aww!

And when did Brooks say it was flat? All he said that the render was dark. Unless you guys talked about my sig on MSN or something....

I don't like blending renders in all the way because it just looks weird if the render's head or something is transparent. Don't you agree? Are you talking about a black stroke on the render or on the font?

Edit: Added that last bit

165321[/snapback]

I never said it was flat. O.o

And I agree about the render thing. I think it's blended pretty decent at the moment. And I'm pretty sure he was talking about a black stroke on the text.

correct on the text, snlil try setting the feather to like 10-15 and select a good size portion with most of it open space thats what i usually do, tp make less transparent. no i was saying that the background look flat like the sand background that i did on one of my sigs that looked flat.

I would rate this a 5/10. Reasons for this are simple. The part of the monster is too bard ... the wording is too soft. You should make some changes on this to increase light around the right hand side of the pic ... and change the color of the wording then it should be a "thumbs up" "ratings up"

Dang it! This seems to be my worst sig ever. :) I think it's my best. The main problem seems to be the lighting on the render. I'll see what I can do.Oh, and Michael, I used a 20 px feather when I was blending the render.

Dang it! This seems to be my worst sig ever. ;) I think it's my best. The main problem seems to be the lighting on the render. I'll see what I can do.

Oh, and Michael, I used a 20 px feather when I was blending the render.

165517[/snapback]

But I really liked it :)

Dang it! This seems to be my worst sig ever. :) I think it's my best. The main problem seems to be the lighting on the render. I'll see what I can do.

Oh, and Michael, I used a 20 px feather when I was blending the render.

165517[/snapback]

I think it's your best too, or at least high up there. I just would have gone with a better render.

I think it's your best too, or at least high up there. I just would have gone with a better render.

165599[/snapback]

What like render? Speaking of renders, I'll modify this one a little bit so that it isn't so dark. Be back in a few.

hmmm 20px 10-15 would have suit ited more and then do a oval shape around the whole left arm.its not your worse yet its just need more work me and johnny usually spend time on ours min 15-20 max 1 year, also when brushing do the alternative of black and white brushes in a span of 8-10 layers, to get the depth going and to give you an idea how to work the brushes in and when your confindent enough trim it down to 3 4 laers of brushing and then alterniated with black and white on those layers where it almost looks grey in color.

[1]hmmm 20px 10-15 would have suit ited more and then do a oval shape around the whole left arm.

[2]its not your worse yet its just need more work me and johnny usually spend time on ours min 15-20 max 1 year, [3]also when brushing do the alternative of black and white brushes in a span of 8-10 layers, to get the depth going and to give you an idea how to work the brushes in and [4]when your confindent enough trim it down to 3 4 laers of brushing and then alterniated with black and white on those layers where it almost looks grey in color.

165626[/snapback]

[1]No. I tried 10 px - 15 px. Too much blending for me.

[2]Apparently it is my worst. You gave me the lowest rating you've ever given me.

[3]How will making different brushing give it more depth?

[4]If I trim it down, then what's the point of the 8 - 10 layers?

All right, I edited the original doom sig. Here's the new one:

Posted Image

What do you think?

Here's the old one if you want to look at them side-by-side:

Posted Image

Edit: Added the new doom sig

Edited by snlildude87 (see edit history)

[1] hmmm 20px 10-15 would have suit ited more and then do a oval shape around the whole left arm.

[2] its not your worse yet its just need more work me and johnny usually spend time on ours min 15-20 max 1 year, [3] also when brushing do the alternative of black and white brushes in a span of 8-10 layers, to get the depth going and to give you an idea how to work the brushes in and when your confindent enough trim it down to 3 4 laers of brushing and then alterniated with black and white on those layers [4] where it almost looks grey in color.

165626[/snapback]

[1] No.

[2] Max 1 year? Highly unlikely, but my minimum is a lot higher than 20 minutes. Nowadays it's closer to 30-40 mins minimum.

[3] Good advice, you should take it yourself. :)

[4] Grey? Nah...it shouldn't look grey. It should be crisp black and white, for the most part.

[1]No. I tried 10 px - 15 px. Too much blending for me.

[2]Apparently it is my worst. You gave me the lowest rating you've ever given me.

[3]How will making different brushing give it more depth?

[4]If I trim it down, then what's the point of the 8 - 10 layers?

All right, I edited the original doom sig. Here's the new one:

Posted Image

What do you think?

Here's the old one if you want to look at them side-by-side:

Posted Image

Edit: Added the new doom sig

165657[/snapback]

[1] I know what you mean, but sometimes "too much" can look good. I've seen sigs that are so -bad- that they look really really good, if you get what I mean. But it's a rare thing. O.o

[2] Scales change. I might give one sig a 6 and then one of the same caliber an 8 some other time. I tend to lose track of my scale sometimes.

[3] Not different, but -more-. It's because if you just do one layer of brushing, it looks pretty flat, whereas if you go white black white black white black you get more and more...whatever the word is. Just try it, you'll see what he means.

[4] I think he meant start doing a bunch of layers, and when you get better in designing you can use less layers...not sure though...that part confused me.

The new one looks a bit better, nice job.