xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yipster

Chuck Cadman, What All Politicians Should Be. Deserves respect from all Canadians.

Here is an article I did as tribute to the late Chuck Cadman. If your Canadian you probably know him as the man who saved the Liberal government. Don't say he did the wrong or right thing in saving it, he was meerly following what his constituents wanted. Anyways, here is a little bio:

Passing of MP Chuck Cadman

By: Yipster(decided not to use my real name for privacy purposes)

Battling cancer for two years, Chuck Cadman died peacefully at his home on Saturday morning (July 8th 2005) at the age of 57. Most of us will know Chuck Cadman as the man who allowed the Liberal government to forego a summer election.

He is most deserving of all Canadians utmost respect. Industry Minister David Emerson described him best, ?I like to say he had grit.? Fighting the effects of chemotherapy Cadman rushed to Ottawa. He stated he wished to obey his constituents who voted and did not want a summer election.

Cadman first stepped into the public eye after his son (Jesse) was stabbed and killed in a random street attack. Consequently, Cadman became a prominent advocate/campaigner of victim rights and him and his wife formed the group CRY(Crime Responsibility and Youth). Crime Responsibility and Youth counseled violent teens and teens likely to be violent.

Cadman successfully crusaded in stiffening young offender?s legislation. In addition, he also won in court to raise Jesse Cadman?s killer?s sentence to a life sentence.

Cadman had lost the Conservative nomination last year. Despite this set back Cadman did not want to jump ship. Rather, he opted to run as an independent. Facing adversity, Cadman won his riding against the richly financed parties.

"I am proud,'' said Jodi Cadman (daughter). Jodi Cadman is justified in being proud for her father who?s views, morals, and ethics should be used as a standard for all politicians, sadly it is not so. Furthermore, Chuck Cadman truly fits the definition of grit, an indomitable spirit.

Notes:

Please point out any grammar or spelling errors.

Like his position on the issue of helping the Liberals avoid a summer election or not Chuck Cadman was a great man, and an even greater politician. His life should certainly be honoured, and his career was worthy of the man. The conservatives were foolish not to keep him around, they needed his moderate voice.P.S. I am working on creating a Canadian Politics website (cpol.info) and I was wondering if I could use this article? Thought I would also take the time to ask if you write articles on Canadian Politics often and if so would you like to contribute to my site from time to time? PM me if you are interested.