xisto Community
unicornrose

Camera Phones Or Not?

Which do you perfer a camera cell phone or a regular cell phone?  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

myself also prefer camera phones over regular phones. camera phones are not expensive at all if you can get one for free with new service contract. camera phones also have more features and additional stuff on the handset that you just might come in handy. most of the newly released camera phones these days come with at least 1 mega pixel camera which is not bad at all for taking picture of people and to capture unexpected moments. currently i own lg vx8100 which i got it free at local verizon authorized agent and i'm very content with it. if price does matter, try your local cell phone stores and bargain with them, they will lower the price since they're more flexible with the price.

I prefer a camera phone. I am constantly seeing things that I wish I could take a picture of then and there and with a camera phone I would be able to do just that. Plus I like taking pictures of my family and friends and with a camera phone I can do just that with ease.

I thought of something as I was reading all your answers. Something that has been happening increasingly with all the camera phones out there is venues that do not want you taking pictures asking people who have camera phones not to bring them. In some places it will get the phone taken away and others it will get the person kicked out. I am a college student so some teachers will take a cell phone away from their students if it goes off in class and they will give it to the Dean of students for the student to pick up later. Alot of teachers are getting tired of them going off. Its very interesting to see now days that so many people have cell phones. You can not go anywhere anymore without seeing someone talking on one. ;)

phones are for talking to people. They are designed to be held in a certain way (to your head), they need to be compact, and they get rashed around a lot so they need to be durable. The keypad is designed for use as a phone.Cameras are designed to be held in a different way - pointing at something - compactness is nice, and optics aren't the most durable things inthe world. They have zoom lenses and a nice user interface (controls). They take nice, 1600x1200 photos at decent quality, and unless you get a cheap, nasty model, you can set manual exposure, white balance, and all that other nice stuff.Let's see what happens when camera meets phone.Phone still needs to be compact. No room in there for zoomlenses or nice quality CCD's if you want to keep it compact (and those things cost too much anyways). The controls are - a keypad and a button on the top. Great. Picture quality and resolution suxor badly. You can't do anything with them to control your shot in the way of WB or manual exposure. People try and take your phone off you when they see it. That said, I don't own a phone - i vow to be the last one to own one in my year level - and i'm an artistic photographer, not a snap-shot one (i've still managedto snap 9000 photos over 18 months, though ;) ). I could see where a cameraphone might be nice, but really, a phone's a phone and a camera's a camera. If i wanted an overpriced gimmick, i'd get a x86 laptop.

I want to buy a new cell, but I'm not sure if I want one with or without a camera. When I read this I would say no camera, you're right about the digital camera and stuff...But I'm not sure yet. If I take one with camera, I wanna have a 'good' one, for as far you can say that for a cellcamera.. I'm looking around ;)

a camera phone would be nice, but id prefer those two separated to be ablr to funnly see the function and ability of each ~

A month ago I would have said that there is no real point in having a camera on your cell phone. However I recently started posting a lot of photos on a blog and I think now that it might be useful to have a low res camera in my pocket that I could snap a couple of pics of wierd stuff I come across during the day.Also a part of me just wants to get any new phone camera or not. Only a few more months until I finally get out of my 2yr contract and am able to get a new phone, without spending an arm and a leg for it.

I would have to say, Camera phone, mainly because I haven't had one, lol. I have friends who have them, who also pay their own cell bill, and they are the best thing that happened to them(not really, but you know what I mean..). Yes you do pay more for the phone itself, but in the end, you are the one getting the better deal. But that's just my opinion.Shadow

I like camera phoens. THey keep you occupied sometimes. Trying to find all these functions and stuff. You can take candid moments of your friends and post them without them knowing. lol.. like sleeping moment.s

I would personally prefer camera phonesagreed that they don't take very good quality pictures but we don't take our digital cameras every time with us. In that case phones are the best!Moreover,these phones can do a lot,surf.. Chat.. Emailing etc which proves it sometimes beneficial!

I wouldn't mind having both the camera phone and the normal mobile phone, but right now I have only regular phone. It is much better to have camera phone than not having, but of course it comes with price, and one must pay for that extra thingy. However, camera phones - in order to have a high quality picture one must buy a very high resolution camera phone which is costly.. otherwise its just for fun and nothing more. Regular camera will take care if one wants a proper and clear picture.

i think when you want good phone you just have to take camera phone, you want it or not..sometimes camera is quite useful, when u want to record some moments or things you want to show to others..some new phones got quite good camera..when phone got bad camera then i think its usless

There are pros and cons with camera phones. I think the most notable advantage of camera phones is that you may more easily capture those ?Kodak moments? with camera phones then with conventional cameras. If you run a blog, you may notice that sometimes there are all these interesting things happening around you and you are tantalized to capture the images of these things with a camera so that you can share your thoughts and comments with your friends on your blog. The cell phone is the handiest thing that you can pick up and utilize at the spot. We are now seeing pictures on the TV about the earthquake in Parkistan and the bombing in London tube. They were all taken with camera phones. Actually they got the exclusive and valuable images and even clips since they owned a cell phone. I cannot imagine people bringing a digital camera with them in those occasions.Quality is bad with camera phones, undoubtedly. Many of the phones are using CMOS instead of CCD in regular DCs. CMOS has inferior quality when compared to CCD. There are some very expensive model using CCD, though. There is a 3G phone from Sharp that features 3M pixels CCD camera. You may consider that one if you are really keen on having a camera phone.