xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Forbidden

Rome Total War

From what I understand about it, it is the same as all other Total War systems. It isn't like Starcraft and Warcraft in that you can control the units. You have to plan an attack and then watch it play out. If it fails you have to replan it until it works. If it was like Age of Empires or any of the Blizzard RTS', I would buy it, but until someone tells me otherwise I don't like the non control of units.

I finally downloaded the demo. The total war system is pretty amazing. It is very much like playing Age of Empires but the gfx and up close shots are simply outstanding.

Rome Total War is an awesome game. The battles are very realistic and the commands are simplistic, but allow for a large variety of strategies. The city management part is also pretty fun, as you get to build your cities to pretty large sizes.

I haven't played the Total War series since the first one (the Shogun one). This is because i idn't like the first one that much. the graphich was okay and the game was kind of repetitive. Also their was a real lack in non-battle strategy. Diplomacy gameplay was shallow and unnecessary. I've read a review of this new ROME: Total War. Might give it a try.

Rome:Total War is not just the best strategy game ever,but can easily be considered as one of the best game in history of computer gaming.Everything in the game is perfect or very near to perfection.Great mass battles are just amazing.You can easily play this game for ages.

Rome: Total War was just a tad too big for me to bother with as of right now. I am thinking of getting a second harddrive just for games because when I dled the demo alone. It was one of the largest files so I got rid of it. But I am not sure whether it will be worth it to buy more Total War games.