xisto Community
snlildude87

Tekken Sig tell me what you think.

Posted Image

It looked a tad plain without the scanlines, so I found a tutorial that explained how to put them in. What do you think?

I think the font color looks a bit crappy, but blending it in with the background made it darker, and I didn't want that.

okey...the render looks good and bg as well but the scan line are too more and deep over the main render.only suggest is the sperated text.you should try to blend them to bg a little.8.5/10

Not bad at all, and usually scanlines don't quite work if they're covering the whole sig, but they don't look bad here. They just don't match the theme. It still looks slightly plain, but not bad. The worst thing would be the the text, but that's not too bad.7.5/10.

nice improvement but font is crapppy, the look of it that is, nice use of the scan lines, but don't make them the focus for your sigs, recommendation don't use them that much. background could be better, nice job on the blending in of the sig, did the render come like or did you do a filter job on the light?8.5/10

Not bad at all, and usually scanlines don't quite work if they're covering the whole sig, but they don't look bad here. They just don't match the theme. It still looks slightly plain, but not bad. The worst thing would be the the text, but that's not too bad.

7.5/10.

164519[/snapback]

Bah! I knew I should have made it cover only the background. I'm curious...what would be the theme of my sig? Abstract?

nice improvement but font is crapppy, the look of it that is, nice use of the scan lines, but don't make them the focus for your sigs, recommendation don't use them that much.  background could be better, nice job on the blending in of the sig, did the render come like or did you do a filter job on the light?

8.5/10

164523[/snapback]

Nope, I did a color balance job on it. This is the original render: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

yeah the background is abstract, the way you can tell grunge has that fuzzy look going abstract uses shapes and curves and what not.

The link for the render doesn't show, and as for the theme, it doesn't really seem to have a set theme, as the bg looks like a mix of abstract and grunge, (mainly abstract), but I can tell you that tekken characters, with the exception of one or two, like um...what's his face...yoshimitsu? aren't really tech, which is sorta where scanlines fall under.But meh...it's an odd distinction, I admit. I've noticed that smaller-spaced scanlines give off sort of a grunge look, if used right, while the bigger ones tend to look more tech.And also there's diagonal scanlines, and X's, dots, squares, grids, so on and so forth.

Render and blending is nice, background is cool also but that font isint so good.. try to blend it little bit, it should look better with blending

I've noticed that smaller-spaced scanlines give off sort of a grunge look

164539[/snapback]

Hmm, how can it get smaller than 1px? The scanlines are 1 pixel apart from each other....

Hmm, how can it get smaller than 1px? The scanlines are 1 pixel apart from each other....

164714[/snapback]

I wasn't saying to...was just pointing it out.

arcanistherogue with you sig i would have made the text blended in with the sigs, throw a border to it and add a little white to brushing to make it look more dynamic and to brighten it up just a bit the render works well just got to blend it in a bit.all its takes is some practice and some good brushes and renders to make it look better.on the scan lines i was tempted to do diagonals see how well that shows up, i do it for my next sig for tonight.

arcanistherogue with you sig i would have made the text blended in with the sigs, throw a border to it and add a little white to brushing to make it look more dynamic and to brighten it up just a bit the render works well just got to blend it in a bit.

all its takes is some practice and some good brushes and renders to make it look better.

on the scan lines i was tempted to do diagonals see how well that shows up, i do it for my next sig for tonight.

164789[/snapback]

Yeah, I need to practice on making sigs. This is still my best work to date, and its not very good :/

I made the brushes myself actually, i splattered some ink on a piece of paper, then scanned it and cut various parts. I plan to add my brushes to my Deviant Art site and my Xisto site later.

There actually is a border there, but its too dark to see...v_v

I think I'll look around Good Tutorials and get some more practice, but what are some good things to search for? I never know what to look for...

I like it.  Better then what I could make :D

164748[/snapback]

Thanks. :( I first read "I could make it better." Oh man, I was gonna give you a warning or something for flaming, but you didn't flame. Thanks for the comments. ;)

I edited the other one. Brought the render up so that the scanlines are not going over the render, and changed the font a tad. Still can't get the font to blend in though. At least, not as well as Kubi.

Posted Image

What do you think?

Thanks. :) I first read "I could make it better." Oh man, I was gonna give you a warning or something for flaming, but you didn't flame. Thanks for the comments. ;)

I edited the other one. Brought the render up so that the scanlines are not going over the render, and changed the font a tad. Still can't get the font to blend in though. At least, not as well as Kubi.

Posted Image

What do you think?

164896[/snapback]

It's an improvement, for sure. And Nguyen, you can't warn someone if they say they could make it better. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.