xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Warcraft Iii / Lancraft Lags

Hi, anyone plays Warcraft III : Forzen Throne here ? 

I'm having a problem and hopefully someone might be able to help... 

Here it is... 

I'm on wireless connection to my wireless router (BEFW11S4 Version: 4) and I've got my port forward ready. 

I am able to host games. However, the players connected to me experience horrible lags and they kept complaining about it. As for me, it was a very smooth game since I am the host. 

When I join other people's games, I also experience horrible lags but not the rest of the players. So it have to mean that it's a problem with my side. 

I've also tried to configure my firewall such as to allow Warcraft III ports to open, with reference to  eu.battle.net/support/en/ 

I couldn't figure out how... 

Here's some of my computer stats : 

- Windows XP Professional 

- Wireless-B 

- Lancraft 1.18 

- Norton Internet Security 2005 

- Broadband 1500kbps 

Can someone identify the problem ?

well it could be a number of things, best thing to do is check the following that i will list-check your ram-close programs through ctrl+alt+delete (sometimes alot of programs running might slow it down)-to run a server smoothly you need a nice big hard drive, to run al lthose players-connections this is a biggy since most people use different isp's/firewalls and the way they connect but dial-up/broad band/cable-also make sure everyone has updated patches for the game, somtimes different version can screw around with gameplay.that should help you out a bit, since i lack in the online gaming.

well i tired, im surprised that i was right on most of it, hey question are you running the server off your computer or is it seperate from your computer?.

I'm running as a host for the game, which I think you are trying to ask if I am the server.My computer is also configured to be a webserver too, installed with Apache Web Server, but I'm not running it as I've not configured my router to forward port 80 to my computer yet.

LANcraft is an application that connects your computer to a simulated LAN environment network with a friend's computer across the network. It is a very basic tool performing simple tasks. It should be working similarly as Hamachi, but hamachi is able to perform more task.Another script that does LAN emulation is ZION for IRC. It is basically an IRC script that is written dedicated for Blizzard games on a simulated LAN environment over the Internet.

You said that you were connected through wireless lan... That is likely to be the problem as in wireless networks data can only flow in one direction and therefore you cant send data while you receive it and you cant receieve ?t while you send itThis efficeintly means that the connected clients get slow response and you get a slow response as well

Thanks Darkstriker for bringing up an old topic. I've swtiched to Zion IRC and it worked great. No lags now. I'm not sure if LANcraft was the cause of the lags as I did not try it again. I've been enjoying warcraft now and then with my friends and people who I've met on IRC.

I get this problem everytime I trry to join my friend's game "Access violation at address 0046931C in module 'lancraft.Exe'. Read of address 74656B63"