xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
quiksilver

Who Else Goes Lifting? weight lifting

I started going to my highschools weight room this summer with a friend of mine to lift weights.we go usually twice a week. The school provides each person a folder with papers of work out routines which is nice because otherwise I would be lost.They have dumbells that go up to more than I willl ever be able to lift, two places to do squats ( more about them later), two places to bench press, two places to do incline press, two places to lift those big bars, and 1 place for leg extensions and one place for leg curls.I like doing incline press and bench press because I feel those are places where I need more muscle. I also like doing the leg extensions and curls because those are a bit easier. I guess I have strong legs. The one that I dislike the most is squats. With dumbells squats are easy, but with the bar it feels like hell sometimes. My neck will hurt for days after. ;) Is this a good weight room or somewhat small?

I've been lifting weights for more than two years at a gym near my house. I go there three times a week. I'm afraid I won't be able to talk about my exercises because I don't know know to describe them in English. :D Anyway, my personal trainer taught me some new exercises last week and they aren't easy. :( I hope you also have someone to teach you the exercises because I think it's not safe to do them by yourself. :(

Yeah. I workout usually 5/6 times a week. I practice baseball every day though. Monday, legs, tuesday, chest, wednesday, arms, and back around. I have a gym in my basement. Leg press, madcat, treadmill, 2 benches, and a bike, and a punching bag. I enjoy being fit. Helps me in baseball :D

hello, Ive been lifting for a little while now, I love it, anyhow as far as exercise form here are some great free resouces, list of exercise instructionals and misc bodybuilding tips: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/fitshow.htm
some bill grant videos http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gastelu15.htm
and a little more on the 58 year old beast http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gastelu18.htm

PS. just because these guys are huge dont mean your gonna get like them real fast dont worry about getting too big, It dont happen over night, just keep training and educate yourself as much as possible,