xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Firstly you are jsut twisting my words and if you cannot find arguments like I did then rather don't discuss.

And next time read my post before you post something here as you hvaen't read a thing or you just haven't understand what I was stating and where my arguments lie.

You may be stating your opinion, but you are suggesting that your opinion be put into action by the government. And if it were to be put into action by the government, that would be considered discrimination against the homosexual community, whether it be.

Yes I am stating my opinion that homosexuals ought to pay taxes. And this is truth I will stand behind. If you think that because of that I am discriminatory then you are wrong because it might be discriminatory but also it is legal government practice for natality growth because population in developed countries is shrinking or is steady, with opposite to the less developed or underdeveloped countries where they don't have so much homosexuals.

Is then country like Canada or some other Nordic country wrong or discriminatory when you have to pay tax because you are not married (so this group of people is discriminated in opposite to the those who are married????)and are many countries wrong or discriminatory when they give money to the mother with more then 2 or depend on the country money (are they discriminatory to any other mother who has only one child.). Simple answer NO, NO, and NO this is considered legal government practice. And it is used wherever there is government and legal system in place.

Are men under discriminatory position when they don't get birth release from the job when their women gives birth. Are they of course not. And no one is complaining it is just that homosexuals have such point in media that they are in discrimination position to every other.

And they are organizing gay parties parades. Then we should organize party for the mothers with children and show them to public teh very people who are keeping this society together and not allowing them to get under siege by illegal immigrants and other.

Definition of discrimination from wikepediaEMPHASIZE the sexual orientation, and to make a distinction between the straight people in the world, and the gay people in the world would therefor be considered discrimination...

Now what you were opinionizing is that homosexuals should pay more taxes than what they already pay.. that would be making a distinction between straight and gay people.....
How is that not bad? the tax payers of America already have their own kids to pay for, their own taxes to pay for, and their own expenses to pay for, so why should they pay for the lives of other people who cannot afford it on their own?
@ your proof, the GDP per capita | Population below poverty line really doesn't have anything to do with this argument but w/e.

yes I am suggesting exactly that and is is alright just as I explained before with arguments who you don't want to read. (That is your problem and I don't intend to explain you once more because otherwise someone could report me to the moderators because of topic spamming and very thing you are doing with your posts without arguments and any logic just futile attempt to twist my words.)

OK here is your answer it is not bad it is legal government natality policy and if you look to natality policy it is good thing because it secures bigger natality and this is what we actually need. You know because population is shrinking at least if we take example for the states it is shrinking to take comparison to the natality percentage. And it is not that muslim countries are taking some measures to control their population it is just modern world because we have the problem. If we don't increase our population we are out of the game and there want be any people with knowledge and intelligence to man power the moder world. Because todays immigrants are mostly uneducated workforce which is in fact also cheap. And they are making big portion of this statistics. So there is problem in the developed countries it is just that you don't want to accept it and there is large problem and if we don't consider it it will become larger. Because there will be no one to run our companies and everything else. Also I would like to point out one more thing and that is if there is no problem then government would not subsidize mother with more children it is to increase peoples production so to say. Government would not for certain give money there where it is not needed because it makes large portions of government funding. And if you check Sweden they have really negative natality they have to import people they for certain time were giving money and house and welfare to certain people in my country just to go there because they were scared and they still are because there wont be anyone to live in their cities. Do you know that there are some parts of their country where they haven't build house for several years somewhere even decade. And also when I wsa there I was staying in house older then 150 years and it was nice house and completely normal not under protection for being so old.

i congrat you on proving that the growth rate in undeveloped countries are very different and higher than that of the developed countries.
But even if this is so, we should be thankful that the population rate isn't very high in countries like the united states. my main concern about homosexuality is the US, not other countries. we should be thankful that the population increase rate isn't as high as other countries because if we didn't have many of the homosexuals in America that do not produce offspring, then our population growth rate will most likely be higher than what it is now, making it to where the united states natural resources for living are being used up.....

Well your population rate is not incresing because of the citizens with American citizenship but rather illegal imigrants which are having more children then Americans themselves. So hopefully you see the problem here I am explaining to you. And if you don't see it then you have a problem. Overpopulation of world is coming from the under developed or less developed countries and certainly not from the developed countries.

And I haven't proved that greowth rate in the undeveloped countries are higher then developed countries. I have proved that China is not developed country as you stated. And I have proved that you are making up your argument and doesn't have any profe for them. I was stating that increase is comming from the third world and I have proved that and you can see it also with that calculus with fravnce involved. However it seems like you are not reading my posts so if you would take so much time to read and understand then you will see my point

Yeah there is nothing right or wrong about it. You either are straight or gay or both. It doesn't matter what your sexual orientation is as long as it doesn't prevent you from leading a normal life. We just have to get over the colonial hangover.

Yeah there is nothing right or wrong about it. You either are straight or gay or both. It doesn't matter what your sexual orientation is as long as it doesn't prevent you from leading a normal life. We just have to get over the colonial hangover.

I would agree with that however I was suggesting something else and that is what bothers Albus Dumbledore.

Either homosexuals or straight people are the same more or less you cannot say that one group is smarter then the other or better looking, and so on. This would be prejudice. That is the problem I was stating completely different thing.

I personally don't have anything against gays, (once I had roommate gay and he was completely good person a bit eccentric as he was artist but he was really good roommate) especially against lesbians I would say that most straight men would found to lesbians attractive and that they would fired up their imagination. And many would agree with me.

Actually homosexuality is quite unnatural if you think about it. Its definately caused by some kind of traumatizing experience in childhood. But I guess its OK to be gay, because ultimately its who you are, and everyone has a right to be who they are. And like FLaKes said, the more gay people there are, the more chicks left for us.

it makes me wonder why you feel that someone is 'wrong' just for being who they are and the chances are they are happy, for example my uncle got married 2 weeks ago, to a MAN, he has been 'gay' for many years, he is now 36 but before that he was suicidal through being unhappy ashe couldnt find someone to love him.That was his problem, many females did 'fancy' him but thats not what he was looking for.I think the double standards is crazy that people say oh its all wrong, the same sex gnder was not made to reproduce with one another but yet the chances are that person (mainly male) is the first to say 'well 2 (or more) females is ok.Its either 'right' or its 'wrong' as you put it, you cant have one rule for one and another for everyone else.I feel that only one can make the choice of which sexuality they choose to be but at the end of the day im not the one to judge them for it.

Edited by mummy2courtney (see edit history)

I think that everybody talk a loooot too much about this problem! As it was mentioned in one of the previous postes - it is unnatural and disgusting! If homosexuality becomes normaln in a certain society - this is the sign that the last day is near! And I totally agree here with Alah!Nothing more to say..

Do straight guys even consider lesbians as being homosexual? They are people you know, and they aren't lesbian to make heterosexual guys happy, most of them anyway (i'm not speaking of the stupid wannabe lesbian/bi girls in high school/early 20s). It's so ridiculous what straight guys think about gays and their rights and then go back to make some stupid statement about how lesbians are sexy. Do you not realize how stupid you sound? Lesbians and Gay men are the same, two women and two men can't make a baby, so how can you use that as an argument like that, and then say but you think lesbians are okay?

I believe that it is very wrong and completely against it. First how the heck can you be gay!? It doesn't register through my trend of thought, I say how can you not like girls!!!! (or if you're a girl, then how can you not like guys). Alright it's pretty sick to like the same gender, and whatever you believe in, if you were created to like the opposite sex then it goes against nature to do the opposite and it really seems sick to me to like the other gender. And to me, if you are gay or lesbo, then first you ask them to stop, if they down't then I think that they should just go ahead and die, now normally I'm polite to other people's religion or race ro whatever, i don't like to offend people, but this stuff, I just don't care if it is offensive, it's sick and wrong. I just don't get how guys can be gay, how can you not like girls!!!! I personally would die, or die on purpose, if there were no girls in the world, X_XStop defying nature and be streight!!!!

I believe that it is very wrong and completely against it. First how the heck can you be gay!? It doesn't register through my trend of thought, I say how can you not like girls!!!! (or if you're a girl, then how can you not like guys). Alright it's pretty sick to like the same gender, and whatever you believe in, if you were created to like the opposite sex then it goes against nature to do the opposite and it really seems sick to me to like the other gender. And to me, if you are gay or lesbo, then first you ask them to stop, if they down't then I think that they should just go ahead and die, now normally I'm polite to other people's religion or race ro whatever, i don't like to offend people, but this stuff, I just don't care if it is offensive, it's sick and wrong. I just don't get how guys can be gay, how can you not like girls!!!! I personally would die, or die on purpose, if there were no girls in the world, X_X
Stop defying nature and be streight!!!!

How can you LIKE girls? They look so saggy, regardless if they work out or not. Atleast when guys work out, you can actually tell and they aren't curvy or dumpy looking.

People like you are the reason why so many gay and lesbian teens commit suicide. Maybe that doesn't matter to you, but it matters to their friends and their family. No one should have to die because they are gay [or straight, or bi]. If you actually feel that a certain group of people should die, you must have a lot more problems than any single person who happens to be gay has.

I could get mad at you, and believe me i pretty much hate you and have no respect for you or your opinions, but in reality you aren't worth the time to sit here and write out a long post about how ignorant and inhumane you are, but it wont change your opinion and it wont change how i feel about you, so seriously why bother?

One thing, learn english or learn how to type better. Its always funny to see the bashers' posts because they are so poorly thrown together, that it just looks like a massive slop of unintelligent hatrid.

Oh by the way, love the fact that you hate homosexuals, and yet are a fan of Anime, because you know Anime is so NOT gay.
Edited by JasperIk (see edit history)

Give it up Jasper. Butt piracy is just wrong, you're going to hell! MUHAHAHAHA!

I love how you decided to start taking shots at his writing skills instead of picking at his arguments...

Sadam is waiting in hell for you... Cause you're consciously going against every religion and what you do is just UNNATURAL! It's just WRONG!

Notice from truefusion:
Don't tell people they're going to hell. Added strikes.

Give it up Jasper. Butt piracy is just wrong, you're going to hell! MUHAHAHAHA!

I love how you decided to start taking shots at his writing skills instead of picking at his arguments...

Sadam is waiting in hell for you... Cause you're consciously going against every religion and what you do is just UNNATURAL! It's just WRONG!

Notice from truefusion:
Don't tell people they're going to hell. Added strikes.

Yeah, way to be a *not nice person*. There is nothing unnatural or obscene about homosexuality. You're just a *not nice word*, and you know it, trying to enforce your views on the rest of humanity like you are. You are not some sort of gospel to speak the truth to the world, so stop trying to change the ways that people act amongst themselves. If they're happy, then everything's perfect. You have no business with their business.

Additionally, I doubt that Jasper worships your god; it's not sensible to say that he will be damned by a deity that has no power over him (just as I cannot be touched by the "authority" of your god, because I belong to a different religion.)

What you believe is wrong is actually not wrong. You just can't accept that people would have choices in life that aren't dictated by an age-old book, or are condemned by that same work of literature. It's as if the color blue, if condemned by the Bible, would cause you to say that all people who wear blue go to THE GREAT DOWN UNDER (helping out, TrueFusion :)); that's not your personal view. That's the Bible's view. So throw yourself out into the world. Don't critique something from the comfort of your religion. What you don't understand is human nature, and if we're to have any peace around here, you need to learn what it is. It is part of human nature to love, unconditionally, certain things, certain people, certain habits. A homosexual relationship does not always translate to a sexual relationship; it is more about companionship (and I can't elaborate, because I've never experienced one) and the same things that belong to other relationships.

So, WaterMonkey, condemning homosexuality as wrong is condemning all relationships. If you are married, or if you ever get married, keep that in mind. Homosexuality is the same tradition of love with a man/woman instead of a woman/man.

I believe that it is very wrong and completely against it. First how the heck can you be gay!? It doesn't register through my trend of thought, I say how can you not like girls!!!! (or if you're a girl, then how can you not like guys). Alright it's pretty sick to like the same gender, and whatever you believe in, if you were created to like the opposite sex then it goes against nature to do the opposite and it really seems sick to me to like the other gender. And to me, if you are gay or lesbo, then first you ask them to stop, if they down't then I think that they should just go ahead and die, now normally I'm polite to other people's religion or race ro whatever, i don't like to offend people, but this stuff, I just don't care if it is offensive, it's sick and wrong. I just don't get how guys can be gay, how can you not like girls!!!! I personally would die, or die on purpose, if there were no girls in the world, X_X

Stop defying nature and be streight!!!!

Demonatashadow, you're amazingly opinionated (in a bad way) and ignorant. Not everyone likes girls and not everyone likes guys -- THAT is natural. If we were all instantly attracted to people of the same sex, that would eliminate the process of choosing that makes us human. First, you cannot ask people to stop preferring a sexual orientation because you don't like it. It's their choice, not yours. It doesn't affect you in any way, shape, or form. Second, saying that "they should just go ahead and die"...that's so immature of you. There's nothing wrong with homosexuality and you have failed to detail anything that might be ACTUALLY WRONG. Third, just because you don't believe that there's virtue in something, doesn't make it wrong. If you personally don't choose to be gay, that's your own business, but don't you dare interfere with the people who find some comfort in homosexuality. I'm totally serious when I say that you are defying nature by trying to interrupt the natural course of things. If you believe that everything happens for a reason, accept this as one of those things.

I can't stand *not nice word*! Gah!

Notice from jlhaslip:
Let's tone down the personal remarks in this thread.

Thanks

Edited by jlhaslip
per Report (see edit history)

Hey, Biscuitrat, I hate to burst your little bubble of whatever that was, because I can see you really took a while to think all that out and write it up, but my post was actually just a little bit of satire. Clue: Sadam is in hell on SouthPark. If you don't live in America, Southpark is a comedy show and it's animated and everyone but Kenny and all Mormons go to hell on that show. Helps to have a little context I suppose to get the punchline. Also, the tone I was shooting for was one of Satire, you know... "IT'S JUST WRONG!" Well, I suppose I can't pass on the tone of my voice as I'm writing, but it seems like satire is lost of a great many people in this forum... Age difference I guess...

Also, I never mentioned Christianity, I'm sure that's not the only religion that believes in a hell or eternal damnation. I wrote a much more entertaining post, but one of you sniveling sensitive weasels went crying to a Mod who was obligated to remove it (the part that was too over the top -but very funny). I don't know how half of the people who are on this forum are going to survive in the real world where there isn't always a cop walking with you every where you go and some really mean person decides you look like a good time...

Also, the tone I was shooting for was one of Satire, you know... "IT'S JUST WRONG!" Well, I suppose I can't pass on the tone of my voice as I'm writing, but it seems like satire is lost of a great many people in this forum... Age difference I guess...

I don't think it was very satirical. If you were intending for satire, you have to modify your style a little bit because it didn't come across to me as satire at all. Age difference doesn't matter. I may be young, but I can comprehend satire when I find it...if it's well phrased. The reason that it wasn't immediately taken to be satire is because there's really no way to tell your argument, if it was even that -- it's more of a statement, really, from that of someone who is actually against homosexuality for those "reasons".

Additionally, I didn't take very long to think that out at all. It's my personal belief, and I'm used to shelling it out as I need to.

...but one of you sniveling sensitive weasels went crying to a Mod who was obligated to remove it (the part that was too over the top -but very funny). I don't know how half of the people who are on this forum are going to survive in the real world where there isn't always a cop walking with you every where you go and some really mean person decides you look like a good time...

Gee, thanks for that @_@; the policy in this forum is to remove all offensive words. Therefore, it's impossible to let one slide without considering that rule null and void. A forum is an isolated place; people behave differently online. What you said was not at all funny in the context of your post, but may have been in the context of South Park. For example, if you quoted one of the character as saying that, it would likely have been allowed. But you didn't, did you? And you insult us, now, as well? That's real fair play there.
Edited by biscuitrat (see edit history)

The question has been asked, "What do you believe?" The question is simple and short, but the answer is long and complicated. I for one believe in many things. However, there is no point in asking this question; reason being: you'll get the same answers. Even if you define the question more: "What are your beliefs on homosexuality?" They said what they believe in, why do you want them to repeat themselves? Indeed, many have asked the question in order to prevent people from mentioning things pertaining to the Bible or their religion, etc. Therefore the question at hand is a paradox. So, please, let us refrain from asking such questions as, "What do you believe?"—for they will state what they believe with or without the question.

Now, allow me to clear up any ignorance pertaining to the Bible on homosexuality. The Bible does condemn homosexual acts, but it does not condemn the a person who loves those of the same sex. That is, so long as a person refrains from having sexual intercourse or some kind of sexual act with the same gender, they are not considered (insomuch) a homosexual. Just like a person cannot be labeled a sinner if they did not sin, so can't a person be labeled a homosexual if they have not commited a homosexual act. Bringing in the word "love" here may cause some confusion. However, love has more than one definition and aspect—it all depends on which form you choose, for i certainly can love others the way i love myself, which is how we should treat everyone. A person, if devoted enough to something, can (and will) refrain from doing something while at the same time be capable of living a good life.

Now, for homosexual marriage: They should not be allowed. Before i am addressed on this matter, allow me to explain myself on why it shouldn't be allowed. I state this not insomuch because i'm against homosexuality, but because it goes against the faith and Will of God which the church holds and upholds, or is supposed to uphold. For this very reason—so that the church members and leaders not go against their own faith (which is sin)—homosexual marriages should not be committed. I believe people would not have (much) trouble agreeing with me here.

Now, on defining what is wrong and what is right: There are plenty of ways of doing this:

Does it affect others in a bad way?

What is the long-term outcome of such an action? Will it promote something that is deemed as something that does not benefit someone (whether the person itself or others) or will it promote something that benefits people (as a whole)?

Is it painful to oneself or others?

Etc...

Answering these questions may involve bringing in religious beliefs. The long-term affect may be the judge over things that at first seem like an okay thing, but in the end it really isn't (e.g. self-indulgence). Also, STD's do not benefit the human race—this is said for both hetero- and "differing"- sexuals (had to say "differing" due to censors). However, due to the fact that i am limited in my thinking, there are some factors, i'm sure, that may deem certain questions or judgements unreliable. But this is where discussion comes in. :)

Now, for those who are calling people names in this topic: cease and desist. Likewise to those who are telling people to go places. And please refrain from (over) exaggerating—such is unnecessary. You're allowed to defend your beliefs in an appropriate manner.

[hr=noshade] [/hr]

The bible gives sets of rules, or guidelines for people who wish to enter heaven to follow and believe in. But today’s day in age, there are a few rules or guidelines that we do not follow because they are in-humane and are not allowed by the law of the state. [1]One example of the terms the bible says people should follow is slavery. The bible clearly says in Exodus 21:2-4,

“If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.”

Now aday’s, slavery is illegal because in the 1800’s people fought to end slavery, and they did end it. So despite what the bible says about slavery, the United States of America finds it illegal to own slaves, clearly going against what the bible says about it.

[2]The bible also says that genocide is something else people should believe in and follow. In Numbers 25:4 it states,

“The LORD said to Moses, "Take all the leaders of these people, kill them and expose them in broad daylight before the LORD, so that the LORD's fierce anger may turn away from Israel.

In that passage, it is clearly supporting genocide. It is asking Moses to take all of the leaders of a group of people and to kill them. Now aday’s it is illegal for people to kill other people in the United States.
Let us consider everything as a whole. :)

[1]The slavery that was banned in the US and other places are and were not the ones that the Bible promoted. The slavery that was banned were the ones that treated their servants with utmost inhumanity. The Bible gives out laws that are for the servant's protection—in fact, the one you yourself quoted is one of them. But let's look at it all: Exodus 21:2-11. And there is also: Deuteronomy 15:12-18 which describes the Exodus one even better. There are plenty more commands in the Bible that are in favor of the servant. Surely this is not the kind of slavery that was banned from the US and other places, correct? :(

[2]This is an old argument. If you read the context (yes, the context is always helpful; and by "context," i mean more than just the surrounding sentences of that verse—i also mean the surrounding books), you'll come to realise why such actions took place, and it usually always comes down to one thing: judgment brought upon a (very) sinful nation.