xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Artanis

Dance Dance Revolution Whats the difference? Original, Extreme

What are the difference between DDR original and DDR Extreme(if there is only one ddr my baad cuz idk), cuz im gonna buy the game here in canada, and the pads in hong kong(much cheaper saves me money). So im just wondering wat's the difference, cuz my teacher has ddr in his class and i like the version he has but idk wat it is.

Notice from KuBi:
Topic titles and descriptions are VERY important. Some people may not even know what "DDR" is. Fixed.
Edited by KuBi (see edit history)

There might be some people who don't know what "DDR" is. So next time please explain. For now I will.DDR stands for "Dance Dance Revolution" basically, you get a dance "pad" which is a mat with 4 arrows on it, just like a real controller. You stand in the middle of the dance pad and once you starts the game arrows will scroll up the screen. When the arrows reach the top of the screen you press the corrosponding arrow on the dance pad.There are 4 Difficulties in DDR. Beginner, Advanced, Heavy, and Challenge. Getting hard from left to right.(The hard the difficult the more arrows that appear and faster they scroll up).Complete the level by surviving till the end of the song without letting enough arrows by. Example;Full health bar; --------------------------You miss one arrowsCurrent bar ------------------You can see it gets shorter. Once the bar runs out you lose. The bar will go up for getting good points, between "Miss, Boo, Good, Exellent". Miss and Boo give a loss of the bar, good and exellent raise it..Now to answer your question. The different between DDR and DDR extreme is the songs. In Extreme there are SO many more songs, just like in the arcades.

Oh okay thanks, cuz i thought the orginal difference from extreme was diagonal arrows, and btw when ur abr runs out u dont lsoe, my teacher ahs ddr in his class 3 modes are light normal heavy, he set it up pretty much everyone, lost there bar and they didnt lose.

I believe you can change that in settings. For newbies you make it so you don't lose DURING the song, but at the end you will lose it your bar is negative.So just let the song run without doing anything, and once it gets to the end you'll lose.

I always see those things like on the news as "fun way to lose weight" or something like that or at arcades. I thought about trying one and then I thought...hmm nah I still have that shred of dignity :( I'm just kidding I just wouldn't do it in front of people. People can be mean :D

That's why you buy the game and dance pads to play at home. And actually people lose weight faster with DDR. And it is fun. You can play for hours non-stop and get a great exersise. I don't know where I heard this from but a kid lost over 100 pounds playing DDR..Dunno how long it took either.On DDR they actually have a workout mode. Depending on how often/fast you press down the arrows(even if you miss) it calculates *approx.* how much weight you lost.

well th thing is though like me and other people we just don't have the cordnation to use the pad trying looking at your feet and the screen at the same time, i never tried the game due to the fact that i might trip over myself and make @ZZ out of myself cuz of it. still the songs are pretty good though, they tend to use the same ones over and over again.but what gets me though how many version of the game, gameplay can you make?

well th thing is though like me and other people we just don't have the cordnation to use the pad trying looking at your feet and the screen at the same time, i never tried the game due to the fact that i might trip over myself and make @ZZ out of myself cuz of it. still the songs are pretty good though, they tend to use the same ones over and over again.

but what gets me though how many version of the game, gameplay can you make?

164016[/snapback]

Well yes there are A LOT of versions od DDR, of just standard DDRs there are i think 8 or 9 versions or "mixes" of DDR in japan plus the slightly off ones like the disney mix and best hits etc. The US (I guess canada and europe too) has fewer versions, I believe there were 2 or 3 on PSX and now 2 on PS2.

As far as gameplay, the essence of the game has stayed the same yes, but there have been changes such as the bonus stages and freeze arrows which made a pretty big difference in the gameplay even if it seems simple. The freeze arrows are the arrows that you have to hold down the button for that period of time. I believe it was introduced in the japanese 6th mix. It makes such a difference that sometimes you can just tell if someone started playing before they were introducted because they will play very well until the freeze arrows show up and then they will start missing steps.

Yeah the game does repeat some songs, but by no means are the songs the same in each mix. The arcade versions are different because they tend to retain more songs from past versions such as 4th mix plus which had every song from all previous versions ( resulting in a huge selection of songs)

Maybe you should just give it a try... oh and don't try to look at both your feet and the screen at the same time... because yeah, that's a way to get tripped up. Just start in the middle of the pad and try to gage where you are and just look at the screen. If you must look down, you should probably stop playing for a few seconds, reorient yourself and then start again.

Yeah I've heard of those people that lost weight playing the game, but they did so because they like the game so much and played it so much. It's not as though DDR is a complete and balanced form of exercise (not really necessity to use your arms except for balance).