xisto Community
Joer

Anim8or Freeware almost as powerful as 3DMax

Hi everyone,

In all honesty, in relation to 3D I can only describe myself as a newbie, :D
I started learning how to design addons for Orbiter Space Flight Simulator and MS Flight Simulator about a year or so ago, in Gmax. Which, as its bigger brother 3DMax, resulted quite hard to learn.

It was about 6 months ago that someone recommended that I try Anim8tor. Written by R. Steven Glanville who writes in his web site:

...while it is far from a complete professional level application like 3DStudio MAX or Lightwave, I believe that it has enough capability to be of use to others....  There are still may areas that need improvement, primarily the renderer, but it's getting close to what I had originally imagined...

However, many people in the computer simulation community have told me that "it is almost as powerful as 3DMax."
Anyway, It has turned out to be an excelent tool for me, not only to design my addons more easily, but also to learn the basic concepts of 3D design which can eventualy make my life easier with GMax or 3DMax. And the best thing about it...it is freeware.

Just Google up the word anim8tor and you'll find it. If you are a newbie like myself, I am sure you will find it very useful to learn the ropes and produce great 3D designs at the same time. If you are an expert you may probably give us a better qualified point of view.

Joe
Mexico
Notice from Cragllo:
Added Quote tags

Edited by cragllo (see edit history)

Go to: http://www.anim8or.com/
Or Google: "anim8or"

It is a very good program for beginners. I thought the community that used it was small. Anyway, I found it too restricting when it comes to exportation features and importing. For example, I do a lot of modelling for games, and most of them require file extensions that anim8or doesn't support. However, it is the perfect program for creating complex 3D chaos maps (e.g. The fabric representation of the Chaos theory).

I remember the first object I made with that program was a missile, took me 2 hours to make lol.

This program looks very interesting, especially as it is freeware. I have used a few 3D modelling programs and it will be interesting to see how they compare to this program. The tutorials also look quite detailed and helpful in teaching some of the skills of the program. Thnaks very much for the link, I will certainly try it over the next few days.

Yes, I think what pilgrim_of_the_mini_monkeys says is right. The fact that Anim8or does not handle popular 3D formats is perhaps one of its major flaws. Of course there are lots of conversion software that may help overcome this problem. Now, as a 3D learning tool is definitely great. You don't spend large sums of money and you can get quite familiarized with 3D very easily. In the last 6 months or so that I have been using it, I have undrstood a lot of features of GMax. Before using Anim8or I didn't understand anything at all.If you try it, it would be great to hear your opinion.Regards,Joe

Hi everyone,

In all honesty, in relation to 3D I can only describe myself as a newbie,  :)

I started learning how to design addons for Orbiter Space Flight Simulator and MS Flight Simulator about a year or so ago, in Gmax. Which, as its bigger brother 3DMax, resulted quite hard to learn.

It was about 6 months ago that someone recommended that I try Anim8tor. Written by R. Steven Glanville who writes in his web site:

However, many people in the computer simulation community have told me that "it is almost as powerful as 3DMax."

Anyway, It has turned out to be an excelent tool for me, not only to design my addons more easily, but also to learn the basic concepts of 3D design which can eventualy make my life easier with GMax or 3DMax. And the best thing about it...it is freeware.

Just Google up the word anim8tor and you'll find it. If you are a newbie like myself, I am sure you will find it very useful to learn the ropes and produce great 3D designs at the same time. If you are an expert you may probably give us a better qualified point of view.

Joe

Mexico

Notice from Cragllo:
Added Quote tags

163335[/snapback]

lol im all set on 3d ImageCreation, but i check out this proggie anywayz. It has a verrrry similar interface to Rhinocerus 3.0(professional 3d'ing software) and it is very user friendly (unlike rhino lol). This is a very good program for beginners or the short-of-cash people. Its a really good leaning/starting program for ImageCreation. Easy to use and cheap, and its a decent program, id refer it to people.

Wow thanks for sharing. I've been looking for something like this. I know little about it. Thats why I wanted to get my feet wet before I went off and bought a program. Right now I'm fooling around with it... I have no clue what I'm doing but going to give it a shot lol. Don't you just love learning new things so you can feel like a complete moron :P

Thanks for the information buddy, I really like that, can anyone tell me that how can I get Photoshop Tuturiols? I really much appreciated if anyone can help me about it.Regards,ZaarooN