xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Saint_Michael

A Smurf Movie i cant believe it the blue guys....

A Smurfin' Movie Deal Tuesday July 19 5:09 PM ET

Fans of a certain animated tribe of small, blue woodland creatures haven't gotten a lot of love lately: No new TV episodes, no old TV episodes on DVD (outside of a couple of import releases), no real news on a long-rumored movie.

Now, finally, things are looking rather smurfin'.

A 3-D, CGI-animated Smurfs feature film will bow in theaters in 2008, Daily Variety reported Tuesday. The extravaganza from Paramount's Nickelodeon Movies will be the first in a planned trilogy, it said. According to Newsweek, the project has been trying to get off the ground since at least 2003.

i havn't seen these guys since they went off the air of course you young folk have no clue what this show is so search it on google or whatever, ones of the biggest shows in the 80's, can't believe its going to happen, can't wait to see these movies.

I remember the smurfs. The little blue guys, meh...I watched it when I was like 5.Rememeber S_M, the FIR isn't for quoting things off other sites, it's for your own opinion aabout something :D

Well, as the saying goes: "Everything old is new again." That cartoon certainly rings a bell. I remember watching that show on Saturday mornings back the early 80's. Wonder how it'll look now with the upcoming movie.

I rememberd watching the Smurf when I was so much younger, it was a hit during that time. those little blue creatures are lovable when I was watching them during that time, but now for me they are not. hehehe but i really liked them when I was young!! What was wrong with me?? :DI am not sure if is Cartoon Network, but a cartton channel was showing the reruns before. maybe a year or two. I am not sure.About the movie, I am not sure if it would be a hit to the kids of the present. They don't know much about those dwarves. The Producers and film makers should show the reruns on TV first before showing thme on the Movie Houses.The success of Spongbob Squarepants (If it is really a succes) was due to the success of the television show. The producers of The Smurf Movie shoould definitely do the same.

well the smurfs are going to be done in cg problem is though the voices might be different due to most of the cast who did the voices are either dead or real old,also they never did dvds for them either from the article that i read.

Oh Dear Lord, i can't imagine a smurf movie, i tought they where exterminated ><! i watched them when i was a child but now it's different i mean im not that grown up wither im just 16 and i like anime and harry potter but... the smurfs xD? "ooh smurf father!"

its should still be interesting though, most likly the voices will be different.

Smurfs%20Live%20Movie

A Smurf Movie

See the Smurfs trailer here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-Providings

Is that a joke? D:

It has to be. In this day and age with big names like sean connery and such theres no feasable way that that is actually the real thing. I thought it was in CGI D:

WHAT IS THIS TOMFOOLERY Dx

On the topic of the film itself. I think it will be an enormous flop. Way too late. Children of this day and age have no concept of the smurfs. If i recall from watching a few episodes in my severe youth there was all these happy blue midgets that didn't wear shirts and had no nipples that all lived in this mushroom like forest place and this bigass badguy gargamel (sp? if thats even his name) wanted to smush those lil dwarfs.

That will not make a good 21st century film. There's not enough up to date stuff to work with. The kids haven't seen these shows and don't understand it.

Epic Fail

omg!!!! The smurfs I used to love them when i was a kid. I remember saturday mornings the smurfs where on or 90 minutes that was the best. But I did come accross the smurfs just a couple weeks ago. we have comcast and I have the om demand and i had my kids watching old reruns of the smurfs they didnt stay on there long I dont knwo if maybethey didnt get watched enough or what but they are not there anymore. =( but anyways my kids will love it when the movie comes out we will definately go!