xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sader

Windows Shortcut Tips&tricks Windows shortcut TipsTricks

Here some useful shortcuts commands

[quote name='"https://sedo.com/search/details/?tracked=&partnerid=44082&language=us&domain=ListSoft.com&origin=partner%3b'%5dWindows allows you to create shortcuts to many commands. Simply right-click, select "Create new shortcut" and provide needed command line:

rundll32 shell32,SHExitWindowsEx -1 -> Restart Explorer.

rundll32 shell32,SHExitWindowsEx 0 -> Restart Windows 98 without autoexec.bat etc.

rundll32 shell32,SHExitWindowsEx 1 -> Shutdown computer.

rundll32 shell32,SHExitWindowsEx 2 -> Reboot computer.

rundll32 shell32,SHFormatDrive -> Open window "Format".

rundll32 shell32,Control_RunDLL -> Open control panel.

rundll32 shell32,Control_RunDLL desk.cpl -> Open screen properties.

rundll32 shell32,OpenAs_RunDLL -> Open window "Open with...".

rundll32 shell32,ShellAboutA Info-Box -> Open window "About - Windows".

rundll32 user,wnеtconnectdialog -> Open dialog "connect network drive".

rundll32 user,wnetdisconnectdialog -> Open dialog "disconnect network drive".

rundll32 user,swapmousebutton -> Swap mouse buttons (nice for jokes! :D.

rundll32 user,tilechildwindows -> Tile windows.

rundll32 user,cascadechildwindows -> Cascade windows.

rundll32 user,setcaretblinktime -> Set speed of cursor blinking.

rundll32 user,setdoubleclicktime -> Set double-click speed.

rundll32 user,repaintscreen -> Refresh screen.

rundll32 user,setcursorpos -> move mouse cursor to left-upper corner.

rundll32 diskcopy,DiskCopyRunDll -> Open window "copy disk".

rundll32 rnaui.dll,RnaWizard -> Open windo "connect".

rundll32 keyboard,disable -> disable keyboard.

rundll32 mouse,disable -> disable mouse.

rundll32 shell,shellexecute Explorer -> will run explorer.

rundll32 krnl386.exe,exitkernel -> exit from windows with no messages.

rundll rnaui.dll,RnaDial "MyConnect" -> open connect window of "MyConnect" connection.

rundll32 sysdm.cpl,InstallDevice_Rundll -> install non-PnP hardware.

rundll32 msprint2.dll,RUNDLL_PrintTestPage -> will let you to select printer and print a test page.

These shorcuts did help me many times when I was programming

with borlans c++ builder :(

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
You MUST use
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

hmmm those would be good for the group of people i cannot mention due to legal reasons, even thought they are beyond those tricks.

Nice tutorial but practically I wonder who would use all those shortcut commands, the interface of Windows is very userfriendly that one doens't have to struggle doing all those but still can use his/her system with ease. It rather reminds me the days of DOS which was rather more or less for professional users and boring internface. I wish not to go back to the past but to move forward..:D

well its does give you an idea what the inner workings of early dos and windows programming.

here are some keyboard shortcuts1.CLTR+E - opens search companion in internet explorer2. alt + f4 - closes the window3. f5 - refreshes the current window/process4. shift+del - permanently delets the file5.CTRL+C - copies the selected text6.CTRL+X - cuts the text7.CTRL+V - paste the copied text8.CTRL+Z - undo the process9.DELETE -delets the thing10.F2 - rename the file or folder11.CTRL+RIGHT ARROW - Move the insertion point to the beginning of the next word12.CTRL+A - selects all13.F3 -Search for a file or folder.14. ALT+ENTER - View properties for the selected item15.ALT+SPACEBAR- Opens the shortcut menu for the active window16.ALT+TAB- Switch between open items17.ALT+ESC - Cycle through items in the order they were opened18.F4 - Display the Address bar list in My Computer or Windows Explorer.19.SHIFT+F10 -Display the shortcut menu for the selected item20.CTRL+ESC -Display the Start menu.21.SHIFT when you insert a CD into the CD-ROM drive - Prevent the CD from automatically playingthese are the ones i use regularly hope u people like thembye :)

there is a real trick with windows, but it's illegal, so i just wanted to post, it is possible...there is a way to make windows XP home to think its the professional version only by editing the registry...only thing: u can only do this by bypassing the windows-secure system cause u must do this over the registry... once u found the right key (don't say wich) and try to edit this one, windows will say that u don't can do this due security bypass... so the trick will be u export the registry into a text format (RTF or TXT) and edit this key. then import it back [both under dos] and restart the machine...there'll stand "Windows XP Professional edition"...DONT ASK ME 'BOUT ILLEGAL THINGS... i'll answer the mails with a "NO"

there is a real trick with windows, but it's illegal, so i just wanted to post, it is possible...

there is a way to make windows XP home to think its the professional version only by editing the registry...

only thing: u can only do this by bypassing the windows-secure system cause u must do this over the registry... once u found the right key (don't say wich) and try to edit this one, windows will say that u don't can do this due security bypass... so the trick will be u export the registry into a text format (RTF or TXT) and edit this key. then import it back [both under dos] and restart the machine...

there'll stand "Windows XP Professional edition"...

DONT ASK ME 'BOUT ILLEGAL THINGS... i'll answer the mails with a "NO"

169949[/snapback]

So let me get this straight!

You have a trick but it is illegal so you wasted this post with useless crap

There is no benifet from "Tricking" home into Pro, you still have all the home software which differes from Pro drastically.