xisto Community
vusay

New Game How about this one...

This is a game I am making to feature in the Darkbasic newsletter and showcase (hopefully). In then hope to fully complete this game, depending on the levels of interest. Basiclly, only the 2player feature will be available for a while. In this you control a tank. You then have 20 seconds to rie around a large (countrysie(ish)) area and find player2. After your 20 seconds are up, it switches to player 2 for 20 seconds, then back to player 1, and so on, and so on. The winner is the first person to destroy the other tank. All the guns and firing are going to be very realistic, and I think it's going to be great. The main game will be a campaign when you are in charge of a tank team who goes around the world fighting.So basically, think worms, but with tanks instead. Has anyone got any questions or ideas?

Is the game in 2d or 3d it wouldn't be very good in 2d but 3d it might be pretty cool. are you doing the actuall coding or are you using a game maker program? I think you should include some single player against computer function where you can add allies and have your team of 3 or something verse the computers team of 2. that would be pretty cool. also, this is just what i think so ignore me if you want, you should have the time limit longer. 30 seconds at the least.

Right....I've have been making for this for literally a week now! The reason I have announced this so quick is because I think this game has a lot of potetnial.Secindly, yes it's all my own code. I'll probably add a few lines of peoples codes in later but the majority of it will be my own.Right, I currently use the BASIC code, and I got some good graphics with it. However, I'm going to update to the A6 engine, which should produce almost PS2 graphics. So fingers crossed I'll have that soon.Finally, no way am I going to ignore you. Everything has just helped me so much, and this is exactly what I wanted. Yes the game is in 3d. And yes I'm coding. About the Player vs Computer...This is a full project. However, I am only making the first section of the game to send off to this website. Once I have, I'm going to add a 'Computer Mode', so it's one massive battle. There iwll be many locations, many vehicles and the game should be great.About the 20sec time limit. I'm going to try them both out to test them both. |The thing is though, I want the game to stay fast, and not over too quick. But I agree with you, that it might take the realsim out I suppose if you're rushing around.Abyway, thank you eeryone for your help. You all asked me something and gave me loads of new ideas. Thank you.