xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ManOfSTEEL

How To Find Real Pearl Tips on how to find real PEARL

Hello Guys, I have this idea on how to find and take care of your pearl.The word PEARL stands for Precious, elegant, attractive, Rare and Lovely. So you may be a pearl in others eyes...:PNaturally, pearls are rare and can only be found in one of every 10,000 mollusks. However, due to its popularity, this precious gem can now be found almost everywhere making ithard to spot the genuine ones. Here are a few tips to test your pearls. Pearls are of a better quality when they are:1. Usually large insize.2. Usually round in shape.3. Deep and mellow in luster4. Even in color.and to make sure your pearls are not fake, rub the pearls on your teeth. Real pearls feel rough and grainy. Fake pearls are smooth and glassy.If you're a proud owner already, here are some tips on how to take care of your precious gem. Like any other valuable jewelry, pearls need constant care and attention. Here are some DO's and DON'Ts on pearl care.DON'Ts1.Do no use commercial jewelry cleaner that contains ammonia. This will cause deterioration.2. Do not steam - clean paerls. Heat can harm them.3. Do not use detergents, bleaches, powdered cleaners, baking soda on pearls.4. Do not use toothbrush, scouring pad or abrasive materials to clean pearls. They can scratch pearl's surface.DO's1. Pearls can be washed in water and mild soap2.Pearls are orgainic and they need to breath so just store thm in a soft satin or velvet pouch.3. Pearl shuold be stored away from sunlight dry heat.4. Pearls when exposed to perspiration dim it luster.For better pearl care, just wipe them off with a soft cloth or chamois, which may be dry or damp.B)-

Wow, so we got a pearl lover here...I thought pearls are even more precious when they are not even in color?It will mean genuine because it's created by nature, so the color will naturally become uneven.. I'm not sure as this was what I heard from people...

but you forgot to mention how to find them, i know certain oysters have but where or where can i find them B) B)colored pearls are tacky, htey only look good with its orginal white pearl color. :P

Very insteresting. If I ever get a pearl I'll use these methods. Where did you learn this from though, curious. I've never known pearls to be fake, but I guess if people can make fake teeth they can make fake pearls as well.

Never knew what "Pearl" stood for either.

Thanks for the info!

how to find out a real pearl

How To Find Real Pearl

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your advise regarding how to find out a real pearl. Sir, I have a pearl which is bought from a jeweler.

The size is quite big, even in color, it is rough when with the tooth. But it has a open at the bottom in which several layers appears.

Inside that open we can see another round shaped material. Which is bright in color when we compare with outside of the pearl

Pl advise whether it is a fake or cultured pearl

With kind regards

Daniel

-stankdaniel

I recently read some interesting information about pearls:They are produced by fresh or saltwater shelled mollusk, and are made when a piece of shell, bone, coral, or parasite hooks onto the flesh of a shellfish which secrets nacre to make the intrusion smooth. A blister pearl is formed when drilling mollusk bores a hole through the shell and the mollusk plugs and covers it.About 1 in 1,000 shellfish contain pearls. Many pearls in made in the U.S. were ruined by over-fishing and pollution.Natural pearl diving is a way to get pearls in which the diver steps into hoop rope tied around a rock and goes under water for 1 minute before he needs to be pulled up for air. After a 5-10 minute rest, he dives again.Pearls are harvested in the cold months when their luster is the highest. 4 years are needed for enough nacre coating to form, but today people often wait only 6 months due to demand, so the nacre coating is very thin.Cultured pearls are made when an irritant is placed in the mantle of a mollusk and the mollusk deposits nacre around it. They don?t last as long as natural pearls do. The largest cultured pearls are from Australia. Majorica is an imitation pearl made of glass beads dipped in fish scales and adhesiveInterestingly, Cartier sold 2 strands of pearls valued at $1 million to acquire its NYC headquarters.