xisto Community
Joer

Orbiter Flight Simulator Real space travel simulation FREE

Hi all simulator lovers.I am here because it is my intention to share all the unforgettable experiences I have had with one of the best simulators I have run into in my life. :P That is "Orbiter Space Flight Simulator" I cannot post links here, but a fast search will lead you to this magnificent master piece of software by Dr. Martin Schweiger. Which, besides all the superb graphics, and realistic orbital mechanics simulation, is FREEWARE!!! Orbiter has been available since the year 2000. It has created a quite impressive community along the years. From plain forums of fans, developers and frustrated astronauts, ( like myself,) to Virtual Space Agencies and Interplanetary Confederations.I will not hide my intention of getting web hosting to share all my experiences. Which include, of course. STS flight Misions for the best Virtual Space Agency in the web: SimNASA. Spacewalks at our Skylab Columbia Space Station. A trip to the moon and recreations of historical flights of the Apolo program. And other, not so realistic adventures to Jupiter on the USS Enterprise.Best regards,Joe R.Mexico

Why can't you post any links?

Well, there's a note right here saying: "Note: Do not post links, watch the language. DO NOT ask us to read your post! We read posts as we get to them."

I just did not want to break the rules. :P

Thanks for posting the link and the pictures. If any of you decide to give this software a try, please do not hesitate and either mail me or post here. I will be glad to help. As with most simulators there are two ways to play, the easy (unrealistic,) and the hard way (realistic.) A minimum idea of orbital mechanics will be necessary. I can provide a whole bunch of links to resources in the web.

Now, if you like pictures, look at this one. It is a spacewalk we performed for SimNASA a month or so ago. My very good friend Jason H on the right and myself on the left.

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/

Ups! I reduced the picture to be 590 pixels wide. I hope it was enough. If more reduction were needed, please let me know.

Hope you all like it

Joe

Well, there's a note right here saying: "Note: Do not post links, watch the language. DO NOT ask us to read your post! We read posts as we get to them."

162332[/snapback]

Haha, that's only for the shoutbox. You can post links in the forums if you want but not in the shoutbox.

I tried orbiter once, it was quite a while ago, back in 2002 I think. I liked Flight simes and was a big fan of the MS Flight Sim series, I downloaded this, and never really got into it, I quietly deleted it from my hard drive and I never really thought about it until I saw this, I might re download it and give it another whirl, who knows it may have become a lot better. If you like this, you may like MS Flight Sim, or perhaps even freelancer. Give them a try if you see them around.

downloading it now, goiong to have some destructive fun with it, me but the packaging shold be better but either way this should be interesting MUHAHAHAHA!!!! ;):D

Wow, It sounds like a real fun simulator. Im gonna have to try it out soon, and its nice to hear from more people from Mexico. Hasta luego! ;)

Well. Here's another picture. I couldn't stop my launch of the discovery last week. :D So, while the real STS-114 is in orbit now. Mine has already landed. Look at it in its way down.

Posted Image

Hosted by xs.to

Enjoy!!!

Joe

Mexico

This is a great simulator. I have spent hours and hours to fly to the moon, mars and other planets. Download the simulator at the url posted earlier, download next the add- ons made by the orbiter community from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Add-ons are built for navigating orbits, moon landings and the complete Apollo project as well.

Cheers tillo