xisto Community
Becca

The "cyber" Thing Relationships on the Net

I don't know whether this is spam or not or if tis in the right place all I want is to know what people think about Online dating?I myself actually think it is ridiculous and sad. I'm not being mean but some people go to chat rooms to find a supposely online "boyfriend slash girlfriend" not to chat to... but like just to say they've had a boyfriend or something weird like that.When I was 8 I did this thing, but people 13+ are doing it as well. What is the deal to it?I mean how could someone actually keep a relationship without seeing them? You probably can, but I certainly can not. I think most people may disagree with me :PSorry if I've offenced any "net" relationshipped people.

I think it's generally not a good thing. I'd much rather have someone to be with, someone to be hold, etc etc, than just talking to them on the net all the time.But maybe every blue moon one might happen where things actually work out and such.I also did the net dating thing...didn't work out too well. 'nuff said. :P

I think online dating is ridiculous. I mean, how proud would you be saying "My first girlfriend's name was HotChick001" and I met her on starcraft." Meh, just seems pretty lame to me.

I think people do it when they're not aloud to have a real girfriend because there parents don't think they're mature enough.

Ever heard of people getting married online? even worse. On Runescape(dont play anymore, so don't know if this is still going on) people start "dating" eachother online, and some time the guy will make a ring for the girl and ask to marry. They go into a church and invite a bunch of people they don't know...meh, then people drop items for the 2 and they go on a honeymoon LOL.

Now the dating thing I can stand, but CMON, getting married online? (fake marrage btw, between 2 young people).

I mean, how proud would you be saying "My first girlfriend's name was HotChick001" and I met her on starcraft."

161751[/snapback]

LOL. :P

Whoo man, that was hilarious. Anyway, yeah, I've seen that on Runescape, and other games like Everquest and such. Chat rooms aren't much better. I don't see how anyone can truly call that a relationship.

"I met this hot Dark Elf Enchanter, and we started raiding together, and one thing led to another and we ended up getting betrothed in the Halls of Icevale." :D

I dont believe meeting someone, that you end up liking, on the net is all that of a bad thing, but i do believe it's not for everyone. Everyone has their own way of doing things that they prefer doing it in that way. But i myself would certainly NOT "cyber" with anyone online. If anything it could be a guy on the other side, LOL -__-. But for some people, they figure that's the only way of "getting some". Sad really.

it was a guy OMG!!!!i tend to agree with it, most of the time its 40 year old men trying to get some......i think final fantasy 11 is doing that now i havn't to much since i don't play online games, plus if someone really thought about they get a high powered crew and kill everyone off just to get all their stuff, i would do it in a heartbeat. Thats what you get for being lazy and lowering your defenses down. MUHAHAHAHAHA.100% is mostly bots anyways, thank god i got out of the chatrooms those where getting annoying.

@Saint Mike -- Um...what are you talking about?Oh, I just had one thing to add...friendships over the net are great. I've met two of the greatest girls in my life over the net, and met up later in RL. So, yeah. :P

I agree with you Becca, I could never have a girlfriend and never be able to do anything. I'd never be able to kiss her, hug her, see her, I couldn't do anything!Yeah, she might have a webcam, and I could talk to her on the phone, but still that wouldn't be anything compared to an actual relationship.Where's the action?!?! I couldn't live knowing that I would have a girlfriend but never be able to do anything with.

it was a guy OMG!!!!

i tend to agree with it, most of the time its 40 year old men trying to get some......

i think final fantasy 11 is doing that now i havn't to much since i don't play online games, plus if someone really thought about they get a high powered crew and kill everyone off just to get all their stuff, i would do it in a heartbeat.  Thats what you get for being lazy and lowering your defenses down. MUHAHAHAHAHA.

100% is mostly bots anyways, thank god i got out of the chatrooms those where getting annoying.

161773[/snapback]

Notice from Klass:
This will be your warning, as I warned you for something else previous but had a hard time understanding it.

I will try to put it in lamens terms. DO NOT POST OFF TOPIC AGAIN

The online dating thing is lame unless you really need to find someone to appease your parents or something.For example, I run a pretty successful site, and people IM me all the time. I get about 3 IMs each day from random people. When they ask who I am, I just say that I'm a 21 year old brunette chick from New York. For some weird reason, they seem to want to get to know more about me after I say that. Go figure.Obviously, I'm not a chick because of my screen name here. If you didn't get that last sentence, then...well...hide in a box. Of course, I don't have brown hair, but it's a pretty dark color.I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can never know who's on the other end of the line when you're talking to them. Even when you're talking via webcam, the other person could play a movie of chick on her webcam, and you'd probably would never know the difference.

Even when you're talking via webcam, the other person could play a movie of chick on her webcam, and you'd probably would never know the difference.

161802[/snapback]

Easy way to get around that -- Tell them to pick their nose for you. :P

i think it's just a waste of time,i'd waste time here but not in chat room.my time is so expensive,i just posted in Xisto forum to keep my host.but really i found it's harder and harder for me to do that.even i can spare a time to chatroom? no no no.i haven'tand online is needing money.

I myself actually think it is ridiculous and sad. I'm not being mean but some people go to chat rooms to find a supposely online "boyfriend slash girlfriend" not to chat to... but like just to say they've had a boyfriend or something weird like that.

...I mean how could someone actually keep a relationship without seeing them?

I suppose it's safer--meaning when you say Hi in a chat line/date line, chances are someone will say hi back. The hardest thing as a new comer is breaking the ice. When was the last time you were in a public social event, let's say someone's party, that when you entered a room and randomly said Hi and received a warm reply back? Online dating is a safe zone for some people because you get to the main part of finding about a person before you experience the rejection. Often times, we reject others based on appearances. Online dating removes that fear of outer appearance and "supposedly" get right to the point--is your personality compatible with the opposite?

It also creates safer buffer, I think. If somehow the relationship doesn't work out as intended, you can hide behind your computer screen and have easier time to break it off. All you need to do is click on "block" :P But what I think the main reason for a fascination with online chatting and leading to dating is that the words you see on your monitor takes whole new persona. Basically you create this image of the other person based on the keyboard characters you see before you. So, is that really falling in love with someone or falling in love with the idea of someone in your head? Something to ponder...

Furthermore, the objective is clear in a chat/date line. You know what to expect when you enter "20's love lounge" or "teen chatline". People who are coy and tired of disappointments are drawn to straight, cut to the chase or honest titled place simply cut the BS out and get right to the point.

When I was 8 I did this thing, but people 13+ are doing it as well.

161701[/snapback]

When I was on a chatline, the word "cyber" had totally different meaning. Now mind you that was 9 years ago. Oh gosh it's been that long? So imagine my surprise when I saw this topic and read you were chatting since the age of 8. Boy, times are changing.

I have not considered anyone from chatline to be my so called, "girlfriend", or given a thought to it. I was initially turned off by the whole idea of waiting until 8pm to talk to the one I love. Why couldn't we just exchange phone numbers? B) There was this entire cloak of secrecy that I thought, "if she cannot trust me now, when will she ever trust anyone?" And some people would embellish the truth. After discovering that the person who claimed to be wasn't to be, I was more upset at the fact that "online was the last place where people could be truly honest with one's deep feelings and share it with a stranger." When people claim that they have found a paradise, you kiss it good-bye because the few will always find a way to ruin it.

Online dating removes that fear of outer appearance and "supposedly" get right to the point--is your personality compatible with the opposite?

161846[/snapback]

Haha, then wouldn't that mean it's okay to "date" an 80 year old man online because your personalities are compatible? Also a thought to ponder. :P

But a lot of your post is true...online dating is a pretty safe place to be in the dating world. You never have to worry about appearances, or other real life shortcomings, and you can start and end it very quickly. It lacks the physical aspects of dating, but it brings safety and lets you actually get to know the other person. (Well, sorta. They could lie in every sentence they type. Never know.)

So...good arguments for both sides then. Interesting.

(I'm still mildly against it though, btw.)

LOL. The only way of truly loving a person is actually being with them. Sure, you might see them, but you really don't know how they act exactly. They may act nice there, but as it might turn out, the person might not be the right one for you. If it goes through, and you get married, who says you'll stay together? I mean, isn't it better to know people who were already close to you (friends to more intimate relationships) or someone who knows you? I don't believe cyber works out.