xisto Community
Guevara

What Desktop Resolution Do You Run On?

1024x768 on a crappy old 14" CRT monitor :P, its the highest it can go, i need it big to see what my websites look like, make sure they fit in an 800x600 res, it would be stupid to design a site for a 1024x760 resolution on an pc with a ares of only 800x600. If i could have it higher, i would, as the higher it is the better it is for you...

1024x768 on a crappy old 14" CRT monitor B)

161417[/snapback]

You are good. :P I had a 15" monitor and had a lot of eye problems with refresh frequency at 1024*768.

So I got myself a used 17" (I got it almost for nothing:D) And I still have it on 1024*768, but now the refresh rate is 100Hz. Much, much better.

Now if I use a smaller monitor with lower HZs for an hour or so, my eyes feel like exploding... :D

Even if I had bigger monitor I think I would still stay at 1024*768, it is great for designing websites. B)

I have a 15" monitor and when I bought it I had it on an 800 x 600 resolution. Now I set it to 1024 x 768 because I think my screen looks better. When I try setting it back to 800 x 600, everything looks a bit off and weird somehow. My eyes had adjusted to the higher resolution so I'm sticking to it.

I have a 15" monitor and when I bought it I had it on an 800 x 600 resolution.  Now I set it to 1024 x 768 because I think my screen looks better.  When I try setting it back to 800 x 600, everything looks a bit off and weird somehow.  My eyes had adjusted to the higher resolution so I'm sticking to it.

161436[/snapback]

I'm not sure how big this monitor is, it's just a normal sized one that came with the Windows XP computer *shrugs* I do use the 1024 X 768, can't stand the bigger 800 X 600, can't see enough stuff on it.

Someone in another post suggested computers ruin eyesight, but I needed glasses several years ago... And I didn't even start using computers until 9th grade or so, so they couldn't have affected my vision too much. And my eyesight is still borderline good enough to drive, so... :P

Glasses just give me almost eagle eyesight rather then my slightly below normal eyesight so I can see things most people without glasses can't normally see.

Anyway, I've messed around with other resolutions but don't mess around with them too much since the screen can mess up if you go with certain settings.

I have a 17" TFT monitor and i'm using 1280 x 1024 resolution.

My eyes are adjusted with this high resolution so i don't think i'll change it soon..

Though after seeing maresan post about Hz, i've checked mine and the monitor is displaying at 60Hz.. is this too low?

At this resolution it can go up to 75Hz.. but is it safe to change? No problems in going from 60Hz to 75Hz?

My Screen resolution is 1024x780pixels; I can't imagine visiting sites less than 1024x780. My screen is TFT 14.1" as a notebook the screen is clear and comfortable with eyes. If I sit in front of Desktop monitors without LCD screens or flat screen my eyes get hurt easily. But so far I do not have problem with my screen.

Besides many sites are now designed to look good in 1024x780 and they make it look somehow visible in 800x600 because many users are still using this. Specially for designers and programmers I think Screen resolution of more than 1024x780 will be really comfortable.

Guevera is using 17" monitor but is using only 800x600 screen resolution, this must be really huge. In fact, for 17" Screen size 1024x780 pixels is even quite comfortable with eyes and big enough to see everything.

On a 21" CRT monitor, I am using 1600 x 1200. If I had it any lower (well, maybe 1280 x 1024 isn't too bad), text would be way too big. I like it at 1600 x 1200, and I think I'll keep it this way. :P

I currently am running my laptop with dual monitors. One of them is the laptop screen which is at 1920 x 1200 and i love the small resolution. You can see and do so much on it at once. The other screen is set to 1024 x 768 so like you all said i can test what my website looks like on the common resolution along with larger resolutions.

800x600 pixels on a 17" LCD monitor.

I can't stand the tiny text on 1024x768 pixel screen resolution. Maybe all this programming has affected my vision >_<.

161408[/snapback]

I'm not sure how big my monitor is either (but it's a pretty decent size :P). My resolution's 800x600 though. I can't stand 1024x768 resolution either. It literally kills my eyes and I have to squint and move the monitor up close just to read the text on websites. o_o

I have an ancient 17" CRT on 1280 by 1024. I recently had a problem with the graphics and dropped to 1024 by 768 and it looks really big. I could go higher, but 1280 x 1024 seems just about right. I am careful to make sure all my sites fit smaller screens using the preview options on various web design packages.

It is reommended that you run of native-resolution. If you run on anything besides native-resolution, your pixels can become jagged, and completely unreadable.So when you are shopping for a LCD moniter, take its native-resolution into account. Although the box may state 1028x740, it can also run at 1480 x 1240. (The resolution numbers are rough estimates). Although it can run at a much better resolution, it becomes blurly, and such. That is why it is always better to run at its native resolution.I personally like the 1024 x 720 ordeal. The font is not to big, nor too small. The icons are not minis, nor largies.

My first screen's an 17" CRT running 1280x1024@85Hz, my second screen's an 15" CRT running 800x600@60Hz [unfortunately it can't go higher than 800x600]...