xisto Community
Guevara

How Much You Use From Your Email?

How much you use from your email?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Email providers are challenging each others on how much space they provide, but I don't think we used the total amount of space they offered, not me at-least, so is the space an important thing that makes you choose one provider and leave another?and what if we all used all the space they offer for each one of us, will they have enough space for us? or they will stop the war?for me, I am using 4% from yahoo account and the same for hotmail, and less than 1% from gmail

Well on my Hotmail account (250MB), I usually use 20% of the storage limit.In Gmail.. not even close to 5% :P

On my yahoo account, I'm only around 1%. With gmail, I don't think I've even reached 1% yet. (I only used 1 MB so far...then again I delete any old message I don't need). Before yahoo and gmail, I had (shudder) lycos mail (only 5 MB and now they placed annoying banner and pop-up ads). Perhaps I should just not sign in to that account for a month so that they can cancel it.

The reason they are adding more space is so that they can just say that they offer more then competitors and the longer you use a particular email client the more you will end up using so i bet by next year i will be at something like 10% of my gmail space so i am glad that i do not have to worry about space for a few years

Eh... I'm only using 10% in Gmail, and that's with keeping all the emails and files I'm received/sent in this half-year or so. Afterall, Gmail's proving over 2 GB of storage, so it's kinda impossible to use up all that much space in your account. Not having to worry at all about your storage is a huge plus! :P

I am using 27% of my GMail account. I have started using the shell extension thing so I am currently storing some large files on it. I have never deleted a single message from that account, although what I will do with all those old messages I don't know. I'm never going to read them, so whats the point?

I Have a Yahoo 2GB storage, and I am using 1%. I like deleting my mail.. It makes it clean, easy searchable features, and it just, is a habbit. I get the 2GB storage for free anyways :P..And I didn't ask for it either.

I have never deleted a single message from that account, although what I will do with all those old messages I don't know. I'm never going to read them, so whats the point?

161640[/snapback]

Same here! I just archive all my messages, even though I'll never need them again. I might do some Gmail cleaning once I reach over 70% usage... hah, like that's ever gonna happen w/over 2GB worth of space! :P

i 'm not choose . do you mean the space?oh i need more and more space.so i can get more and more files to it.because the space always not satisfy me.i just using gmail now.

im up to 8% (190mb) on my gmail a/c lol i will never fill it up as it keep growing and i havent been deleting anything..nothing at all since the 1st day i got my account which is 10 months ago haha... but yeh..gmail is very good :P not the space but the mail system B)

I Have a Yahoo 2GB storage, and I am using 1%. I like deleting my mail.. It makes it clean, easy searchable features, and it just, is a habbit.
I get the 2GB storage for free anyways

..And I didn't ask for it either.

let me guess you have and SBC account with them.

yeah i barely use 1% in my yahoo account, its mostly junk anywayss that i delete or after i read it i delete it. plus i use folders for certain messages which are small and pictures as well ot keep it somewhat organized.

let me guess you have and SBC account with them.

yeah i barely use 1% in my yahoo account, its mostly junk anywayss that i delete or after i read it i delete it.  plus i use folders for certain messages which are small and pictures as well ot keep it somewhat organized.

162359[/snapback]

You don't need an account with SBC to use 1% of your yahoo mail. I have a yahoo mail (no SBC), and I'm using 1%.

I rarely use my e-mail. I rather talk to them in person or on aim. Even though I rarely use e-mail, I do have a couple different e-mail accounts.I got a yahoo account which I usually only use for signing up for things so I don't get lots of spam at my other personal ones. Since yahoo doesn't count bulk e-mail as part of your quota, I am using 0% of my quota though there are a few e-mails in my inbox.I also have a gmail account which is mainly for personal use and contacting friends. I'm using about 5% of my 2+ gigs of space. The only reason its that much is because I have sent acouple of large projects using it.It is very true that the e-mail providers are competing for who gives the most space. The only reason I can see that they are able to do this is because not many of their users actually use much more than 20% of their quota.

well i got hotmail acconut and i never send e-mail and i got e-mails really rarery so only 3% used. i only use msn messenger and irc so no need e-mail.