xisto Community
Kremit

Tattoos? Will you get them?

This is something I have tossed around in my head time and time again. First I think, "ew, how ugly for older people to have tattoos, even if they are the only ones who will be seeing them!" But then I remind myself that I want one. If I ever got one, I would want it to be on the inside of my foot, but I have researched it and it doesn't seem like a very good spot for a tattoo. People have said that you need to get it touched up every few years (since you use your feet so much) and that it is a very painful spot. I don't mind needles, but I can see how this will be uncomfortable. I probably won't get one, so for now I'm just stuck stairing longingly at the people who are braver (and possibly stupider) than me. Oy.

173793[/snapback]

yeah, the undersides of feet/toes/heel areas are horrible places for them. one of my best friends has three hearts on each heel and she had them re-done last year (for the third time) and I looked at them the other day and they are almost completely gone. So it would be more then touching up, it would be getting tattooed completely all over again. but I guess if you decided you didn't like it then that would be a good choice for where to put it.

I have a fear of needles so I know for a fact that there is no way I can get a tattoo. I would have to be put to sleep to get one so it ain't happening. I also don't like how you have to put ointment on it for days while you wait for it scabs up. The whole thought of that makes me sick to my stomach. I remember when they used to say that people could get AIDS from tattoo due to unclean needles and it made my skin literally crawl. One of my best friends just got one on her hip. I don't even know what it looks like because I am not interested to see it.

No I don't have any tattoos yet, I saved those for when I turn 18 because with all the piercings I've gotten my parents would not sign a permission sheet saying I may get a tattoo.I turn 18 in a few months *yay* and my brother said he'd pay for me to get my tattoos when I turn 18. Anyways the tattoos I want are two small wings on my ankles. I saw this one cartoon years back about this guy (I can't remember his name) who killed Medusa (I think it was Medusa) and was given a bunch of armor (I think) and one where these shoes... or maybe they where actually a part of him (I don't know); anyways there where wings on his shoes/ankles.I wanted to do an angel, and I wanted to get a tattoo of wings on my back. I decided to go against both (for now) and still get the wings... only on my ankles.

I don't have any tattoos and I'm not interested in getting any. The reason being, is because I am just not fascinated in them. They look nice, but having to wake up every morning and seeing it in the same place, and the same thing would get boring after a while, I imagine. Some of them do look bad-*bottom* I admit, but once you're 50 or 60 years old, it just won't look so cool on you. Plus, it will be somewhat warped due to the saggy skin. heh I'm just kidding. :)