xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
snlildude87

First All-glass Undersea Restaurant Opens neat stuff

Take a look at these screenshots:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The restaurant opened on April 15th (but I just heard about it today), and it's available at the Hilton Resort, so you can bet that a meal there will be expensive. It sits 5 meters (that's 16.4041995 feet according to onlineconversion.com) underneath the Indian Ocean, and you get a 270 degree view of marine life.

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

OH WOW! That's really awsome, the first screenshot looks amazing, it would be so cool to go down there. I bet that cost a lot. What is kinda disturbing is the fact that someone had to go down there and build it! That must have been hard since gravity is heavier down there, and how'd they get the water out!(stupid question, pumps).I'm guess you get down there by elevator? Submarine? Catwalk?That would be creepy if you were eating and all of a sudden *BOOM* a fish smashes against the glass, like the sting ray...creepy.

Kubi - What do you mean gravity is heavier down there? Water pressure might be what you meant. The weight of the water is what causes the pressure.That is pretty darn neat, though. I'm just wondering how expensive it would be to eat at such a fine place.

Wow, thats hot. Wild guess, seafood? =oBut, I seriously doubt, I could eat there with one of those big white things next to me like O.O GIMMIE YO FOOD.*goes to burger king*

Amazing, awesome there are no words in the dictionary. I wish I could have a nice dinner while manta rays, medussas and other fishes swim around. The only problem is that I don?t think I could eat anything in such espectacular environment. :) Beautiful but expensive and I suppose that is an intromission in those animal?s habitat... it?s beautiful but I?m not sure if it's really good.

Is this advertisement in disguise? Anyway, I tried to follow the link to read more about the new restaurant, but it was a broken link. The images did not load at my end either for some reason. So, I don't know how beautiful the restaurant is.I can see why someone would build one like that underwater. Maybe people will go there just because it is all-glass and completely undersea.By the way, did the huge earthquake in Japan do any damages to the structure?