xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pensive-muse

Gmail Issue...not Receiving Replies. Gmail is eating my mail

I'm an officer in a student-led organization called FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America) and part of my job is sending mass emails to Family, Consumer Sciences Teachers throughout my state. Well, lately I've been having a problem. When I send something out, the replies never get to me. I've talked to several teachers who swear they replied, but I never received the reply. It's really embarassing to call someone to ask them the same question you emailed them, just to have them tell you that they've already sent it, especially since I'm a teenager and sometimes these teachers get a bit impatient and aggravated with me for having to call them at home about something they've already answered.Has anyone else been having this problem with gmail, where they don't get all of the replies people send in?

I've had problems sending out gmail invites back when I was using Norton Antivirus as my antivirus program, but that has been fixed ever since I deleted it. Are you using Norton? If not, then you can always get an account at yahoo or at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Good luck, and PM me if you need any help.

I had the same problem with my email(it was yahoo though). Sometimes if you send emails to school addressees, they get there, but the teachers send out emails and the firewall might block it because it's outside the district. I remember at my old school teachers weren't aloud to give out emails to students. (and half the time they did, but couldn't send emails to them).How about this, send me an email(email in my profile) and I'll reply, if you get my message that's the problem(the school thing).Also, try empyieing yourr "sent" box, since you mass send emails it could be getting full, and also, send messages a little slower, you might be overloading the server(doubt it).Hope that helps.

Are you using the online Gmai client, or a different POP3 client (such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Outlook Express)? If you are using Thunderbird or Outlook Express, your ISP may have Gmail's incoming server (SMTP) blacklisted. In this case, contact your ISP as soon as possible and request them to whitelist it. :P

Eh, really!? That's strange... Gmail's been working beautifully for me ever since I got an invite. You should probably try getting another account or, if the problem continues, switch to Yahoo or some other email service.

I had the same problem with my email(it was yahoo though). Sometimes if you send emails to school addressees, they get there, but the teachers send out emails and the firewall might block it because it's outside the district. I remember at my old school teachers weren't aloud to give out emails to students. (and half the time they did, but couldn't send emails to them).

How about this, send me an email(email in my profile) and I'll reply, if you get my message that's the problem(the school thing).

Also, try empyieing yourr "sent" box, since you mass send emails it could be getting full, and also, send messages a little slower, you might be overloading the server(doubt it).

Hope that helps.

161192[/snapback]

Now that I think about it, there's a strong possibility that a firewall is blocking gmail. My mother's a teacher and she send emails out of district unless they receive special clearance at our service center. I guess I need to look into it and see if all of the emails I'm not getting are from school addresses.