xisto Community
areawe

Iso Legitimate Pay/click Or Pay/impression

I would like to make money from my website by putting advertisements on the pages and forum, much like Xisto does. So far my search has turned up some companies that I have never heard of before and have a hard time trusting. It seems like you hear more about the companies that took people's money more than the companies that actually pay out. These companies seem to spring up out of nowhere and die just as quickly. I know Google Adsense is legitimate, but I would like to know if there are any other good, solid companies out there that offer programs like Google. I'm looking for programs that will place banner or text ads and pay out per impression. I am also considering pay per click programs, but I'm not sure which would be best, pay per click or pay per impression.Does anyone have any experience with placing advertisements on their websites? What has worked for you? How do you get companies to approach you with offers for advertising?Whew lots of questions! I'll keep looking and post back here if I find anything helpful. Thanks!

What's pay-per-click and pay-per-impression? Do you pay them or do they pay you?

If it's the latter, then it'd go with pay-per-impression if you get a lot of traffic.

Anyway, currently, I use Google Adsense and /aj/home.jsp. I use those two because each do not require a top-level domain like fastclick.com does. With Google Adsense, I get around 3 bucks per day, so that averages to 90 bucks a month.

What's pay-per-click and pay-per-impression? Do you pay them or do they pay you?

If it's the latter, then it'd go with pay-per-impression if you get a lot of traffic.

Anyway, currently, I use Google Adsense and /aj/home.jsp. I use those two because each do not require a top-level domain like fastclick.com does. With Google Adsense, I get around 3 bucks per day, so that averages to 90 bucks a month.

161125[/snapback]

Thanks for the information! Maybe Google Adsense is the best way to go. I will definitely check out fastclick.com and adjungle.com.

Per per click are graphical or textual link advertisements that pay so much each time someone clicks on the ad. Pay per impression advertisements pay out every time their ad is viewed - so every time the page is loaded. From what I have seen, pay per impression usually pays so much per 1,000 views.

Per per click are graphical or textual link advertisements that pay so much each time someone clicks on the ad. Pay per impression advertisements pay out every time their ad is viewed - so every time the page is loaded. From what I have seen, pay per impression usually pays so much per 1,000 views.

161582[/snapback]

Ahh. That's what I thought. I guess it woulnd't make much sense if you have to pay them, huh?

Make sure you have a top-level domain if you wanna use fastclick.com. Fastclick is good because I've seen their ads, and I've clicked a lot of those myself, so you can pretty much bet that it will be profitable with them.

Ahh. That's what I thought. I guess it woulnd't make much sense if you have to pay them, huh?

Make sure you have a top-level domain if you wanna use fastclick.com. Fastclick is good because I've seen their ads, and I've clicked a lot of those myself, so you can pretty much bet that it will be profitable with them.

161603[/snapback]

I checked out both of the web sites and both look good! I like how you get to decide how much you want to sell your ad space for with adjungle.com. They also seem to be less strict than fastclick.com. With fastclick.com, you have to have a minimum of 3,000 impressions per month.

Both sites talk about getting default ads placed on your web site if your ad campaign isn't set up right or your ad space is too expensive and is not being bought. Do you know if you still get paid for the default ads and if so how much?

I checked out both of the web sites and both look good! I like how you get to decide how much you want to sell your ad space for with adjungle.com. They also seem to be less strict than fastclick.com. With fastclick.com, you have to have a minimum of 3,000 impressions per month.

Both sites talk about getting default ads placed on your web site if your ad campaign isn't set up right or your ad space is too expensive and is not being bought. Do you know if you still get paid for the default ads and if so how much?

162079[/snapback]

Yeah, adjungle is good. I love fastclick because they have interactive ads, but I can't join because I don't have a top-level domain. The 3000 impression a month is cake because my site gets that daily.

You still get paid to display default ads with adjungle. Right now, my account has a total of 2 bucks. Yeah. That sucks, but I'm making a lot more with Google. I guess the reason why it's so low is that the ads are not contextual. Most of my clicks are coming from my game pages, so I make more with Google because the ads are all "Free Online Games" or "Free Game Downloads", but with adjungle, it's all "Grow Hair Today" and stuff that's not related to my site at all.