xisto Community
emperor

Athlon Or Intel Best products

What's the best  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What's the best processor on the market. I know that all these configurations are very expensive but it will be a present for my father and he need a very powerful workstation.

Athlon 64 all the way. It's the best one for your money - cheap and fast. I've never seen Intel Xeon used on personal computers though...just on servers. Did you know that Xisto hosting servers use Intel Xeon?

it really depends on for what you are going to use it. For Graphics, Gaming, the Athlon will work better. but if you are not going to use it for that than i guess intel would be good to.

Intel Xeon if a server processor... Very good, but very expensive...Also, someone mentioned it depends for what will the computer be used... If it is a gaming machine (wich I doubt, you said it's for your father), then, AMD is the best choice... However, if graphicaly intense applications will be run (like Photoshop), or perhaps some multimeda programs (Sound Forge, Premiere, etc.), then I recommend going with Intel, perhaps a CPU from the EE series (Extreme Edition)... That's my opinion, you ofcourse know how big your budget is :P Intel is a bit more expensive, but in my opinion, much better choice than AMD, for serious work...

AMD Athlon FX57 is the best choice for now. Two processor-based system would be even better, but the major problem is related to the price of that product which seem to be not available for every customer. About specifications of that processor, it has full cache of st, 2nd and 3rd level, which lets it run applications faster than any other processors, and if I'm not mistaken the size of cache is 2mb. I've also seen some benchmarks of systems based on that processor, and it was the leader in all gaming benchmarks so *BLEEP* and almost every multimedia or video encoding-related applications. Also have to admit that FX57 is more of a professional processor, not a typical one for games. Anyways if you are mostly unlimited in your budget - go ahead and try 2 processor system from FX57, and you will get highest performance available on the market so far, and probably avoid frequent upgrades for at least couple of years.

Good Evening!

i think, what ever u say, it will be wrong, cause if u want to play a game, i'll say: take a AMD CPU, if u want to make some office work, i'll say take the intel's CPU.

if u use benchmarks AMD cpu is faster than intel :D

i would suggest you buy an amd processor if you use your computer for gaming, it will give you beter performance for a lower price.If you run many 'heavy' programs like photoshop you should go with intel.And you better wouldn't buy xeon processor, they are designed for server and they costs way to much for an average home user.

i would say amd64 x2's are the best. you can look at benchmarks and tests all over the net, they're at the top. problem is their price and stability. even though they have pretty much 99% stability, intel will always have a little more stability, which servers may need. amd's are emulated. from my experiences and from information all over the net, amd's are better at gaming and that side of the market which doesn't need as much mutlitasking as servers and such do. Intel's have their HT which with dual core and 64bit have better in multitasking.

What's the best processor on the market. I know that all these configurations are very expensive but it will be a present for my father and he need a very powerful workstation.

160923[/snapback]

well of course amd athlon. intel pentium 4 has very expensize proccessors.

intel pentium 4 3.8 ghz = $800

amd athlon 2.6ghz/equals about 3.8 ghz on intel p4. and its only about $450

ive actually seen them in stores. i saw a amd athlon 64 3200 with a gigabyte motherboard for $127 USD LOL.