xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guangdian

Something Is Wrong With My Dvd Burner, any 1 can help me?

I wanted to get some files from my DVD(I usualy burn them on DVD and not CD when I have a lot of files),but my DVD drive just couldn't read the disk,so I tried to see if it will read CD,but still,it can't read it And sometimes when I have a disk in the drive it shows up as cd burner and not dvd ,and still can't read the disk any1 have any ideas what may be the problem? and how can I fix it?

Hi guangdian,From what you said...It "sounds like" your CD/DVD burner is going "bad". Maybe not..it could also be the driver files..if they got corrupted somehow.Check out the troubleshooting charts in the "Beginners section" at my website to get help with the problem. If you need more help.. post back here with what you found out & to get more input.Hope this helpsRGPHNX

I currently have the same problem, i have tried opening up the computer and cleaning out the dust. I have tried using a "claener for the lens. I have also tried different DVD's nothing seams to work. I am going to have to say that our DVD burner are probably shot. almost worthlesss. :D