xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brainless

Gaining International Working Experience ...working abroad for a few months

hiya everyone, I'd like to hear some opinions on my newest plan for the next year in my life:Half a year ago I considered applying for exchange programmes to some african nations [in the end I settled for Ghana or Nigeria] but except for one organization they all took an application fee of about 50 Euros which I absolutely couldn't afford back then and unfortunately I didn't get an answer to my application from the organization which didn't take an application fee.I just researched this topic again and found some other programs but all of them would require me to pay more than I can afford...... but when I read about a "Work Experience Program" to several nations [which would require 50 euros application fee plus about 400 euros participation fee] I had another thought: Wouldn't it be possible to travel to London for something like two weeks or a month, try to find some small job in a pub or supermarket and check up with the bureaucracy so I can make a living for something like half a year and go back home then?...and if I don't make it within the two weeks, I could just go back home to mom and dad just as if I'd been on holiday, couldn't I?sounds like a plan to me but what do you people think about it? Is there maybe someone from the UK around who could give me some legal advice?

i myself would't mind doing it but trying to pick up a new language is somewhat a hard and time consuming thing for me at least, and they say its easy, but i know it is like the best learning experience anyone can get, cuz your learning something completely different, from outside your life.

I've spent something like 7 or 8 years learning english by now, I suppose I can read it, have a good understanding of what I read about and am somewhat capable of dealing with conversations [but I'm gonna give spanish a try when I've got some time to spare; right now I've got an unqualified full-time job for the summer in which I earn quite a bit, which is hard to get around here...]

I agree with saint_micheal.. learning a new language will be time consuming.. but I don't mind trying to work outside my country instead all I have to do first is to study their language and save up for the fees..