xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pdrive

What Is Neuro Linguistic Programming Ill tell you...

Neuro Linguistic Programming or NLP is a methodolgy for modelling...

We know that there are some people in the world who are fantastic at what they do. AThey probably don't know how they are good at it, but with Neuro Linguistic Programming we can find out.

A Neuro Linguistic Programming Practictioner can use some of the skills and methods included in the field of NLP, to elicit any persons stratagy for any given behaviour. We, the NLPers, call this modelling.

With the skill of modelling we can successfully teach ourselves any stratagy that will help us be outstanding in the field of our choice.

And whats even better, is that we don't have to do the modelling ourselves, for alot of things. This is because NLP experts have all ready modelled some very successful people - mainly therapists - so that they could elict some exccelent stratagies for psychological skills the influence people.

Therapists that were modelled include Milton Erickson, Virginia Satir and Fritz Pearls.

Basically if you learn NLP, and use it with the flexibility that is nessisary, you can have the skills of anyone you want...

... you can be the best communicator ever, by modelling the hypnotic language of Milton Erickson...

... this field is the ultimate tool in making the world become your oyster.

So lets discuss it....

Pdrive

wth, i lost myself after "Neuro Linguistic Programming or NLP is a methodolgy for modelling..."its almost zen like then ***chants***?

Yeah, its a bit of a tricky one like that.....a friend of mine once said "lets call it frozen yogurt instead... that way everyone will stop asking us what we're talking about"if you have questions about NLP though, this is the thread for them....Pdrive

"Frogs into Princes" is the a book of edited transcript from Richard Bandler and John Grinder's seminars, in which they outlined alot of the key concepts of NLP...... Its a fantastic text, and is responsible for converting hundreds to NLP. I have a paperback copy right here.Unfortuanatly reproducing the book and transmitting it through the web would be a breech of copyright.I can recommend some good sites, where you can find articles about NLP.One of the best is http://www.nlpcoaching.com/
Check it outPdrive

Very interesting indeed, I would like to use that -_- You maybe know if that is spread around the world, because I am from Slovenia and I guess we don't have that here...If you know where I could learn that and please describe the way one learns that..Thx in advance

You can learn quite a bit about NLP from the web...The website http://www.nlpcoaching.com/ is a free online magazine that offers lots of educational articles. They're updated, as the name suggests, weekly. They are also offering a free NLP Practitioner course, that will cover pretty much everything. I have heard from the guy who runs the site that the course will feature feedback from qualified experts via a chatroom, and will probably contain streamed internet radio, and video clips for demonstrations.Sounds like a good thing to me.Theres some other good websites out, just do a google search.Or, alternatively, you could buy a book from Amazon.I'd recommend the Bandler & Grinder original "Frogs into Princes" - the guys who wrote it are the godfathers of NLP... It's all there invention.The book is fantastic. It got me really interested."Introducing NLP" By MacDermott and Seymour is a really good basic intro to the whole field... you could check that out to see it you'd be interested in pursuing NLP further, and then move onto "Frogs into Princes"Once your more advanced, get back to me, I can recommend some good books.Hope that helps.PDrive

Wouldent NLP be dangerous? Couldent people control your mind or something like that? Think of the military applications if you could do that... Well how do they actually do NLP? Is it brain surgery or hypnotysm? Could NLP make people stop smoking? How expensive is it? Ive got many more questions but answer these first please =D

Hiya Damann, Those are some great questions... keep 'em coming :D >Wouldent NLP be dangerous?Okay, well, NLP is a methodology, Philosophy and set of tools. These tools are based on the unconscious skills of people who are excellent in any field (mostly therapy, communication etc). Because NLP is modelling, you could model anyone, and use the skills you learn dangerously. NLP is not brain-surgery... it comes closer to hypnosis (alot of NLP IS hypnosis) - this is because alot of the NLP language patterns come from the famous hypnotherapist Milton Erickson.NLP is like a car... you can use it to do many things. Its basically a tool. It'll get you many, many places. Is a car dangerous? Only if you crash it into people.For example, I'm a competent hypnotist... I can hypnotise people to hallucinate things... once, I hypnotised a friend of mine to negatively hallucinate (as in, NOT see it) an entire person. This was all for a joke. When my friend started seeing random objects moving in the air, and saw his other friends talking to "nothing" - well, he almost had a psychotic episode. So maybe NLP can be dangerous... but most things in life are.>Well how do they actually do NLP?NLP is a bunch of psychological techniques modelled from experts. They consist of language patterns and non-verbal body language stuff. Alot of hypnosis is involved.>Is it brain surgery or hypnotysm?NLP is definently not brain-surgery.... it is sometimes hypnosis, as many of the NLP patterns were modelled from a hypnotist.>Could NLP make people stop smoking?Definently... there are a number of techniques in the field of NLP that can help people to quit smoking. NLP and hypnosis are probably the best methods out there, because they deal with the unconscious desire to smoke... which is really the addiction part. The part that makes you start smoking, and you don't even realise before your halfway through youre first cigarette.>How expensive is it?This can vary greatly... some therapists practice NLP in conjunction with their other techniques and some do nothing but NLP. And remember, not all NLP practitioners are good at what they do. Prices will vary greatly depending upon your location and the changework you want done. To quit smoking? Well, you could be looking at $300 to $1000. But don't worry, most competent practitioners offer a lifetime guarantee.I hope these answers help you out. Feel free to post more questions - Im here to help :) Pdrive

A while back (some time in the last year) I read an interesting news article about a string of robberies in Russia (I think it was in Moscow). Apparantly all of the victims rang the police in a confused state from their homes. They described how someone had knocked on their door and spoken to them in such a way that they were compelled to go to the nearest ATM and draw out all of their money and give it to them. None of them could remember what they looked like either. The police dismissed the first report as a crackpot, but after lots of them started to drift in with similar stories they realised it was serious. So it would seem there is a gang of criminals in Russia using NLP for more sinister means... :P I can't find the story atm, but I think it was on BoingBoing somewhere. Another interesting thing in this vein (fiction this time) is the classic film

The Manchurian Candidate". A troop of soldiers in the Korean War are brainwashed into something...

Hmm, interesting topic. I get creeped out when I hear hypnosis and body language as a means to influence people. Maybe if you have their permission, but otherwise I don't that kind of power. I know I wouldn't want to be under any one else's mind control unless I agreed to it for some reason.The description you gave of NLP suggested it would help you aquire any skill. Do you have any examples of skill aquisition for things like helicopter-flying or karate chopping or how to sing like frank sinatra? I guess from your description it sounded like that tech they have on Morpheus's ship in the Matrix movie.