xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
k2wl

Hw2fix A Driver Error If Unable To Enter Windows?

At least I think thats what the problem is.Anyway i'll start at the beginning. I purchased a Samsung writemasterDVD burner and installed it with the relavent drivers off the samsungwebsite. Immediately after that blue screen errors started appearing onstartup. The error message was this:BAD_POOL_CALLER0x000000c2 (0x00000007, 0x00000cd4, 0x11111111, 0x818CAC48)However this would only occur occasionally and as the DVD burner workedfine when XP did load sucessfully I decided I could live with it...A problem then occured where I couldn't access the admin account ( theonly account) due to an incorrect password. This I assumed was a virusand rather than tackle it head on I opted for a more 'holistic'approach. I reformatted the hard drive and attempted to install XPagain. However at the same point during XP setup (it says installingdevices) the same blue screen which before only appeared sporadicallynow shows itself without fail evey time.There is no chance of me altering settings from within windows.Your help is VERY much appreciated!

Hi k2wl,So.. you totally re-formatted the HD ( you didn't use the "restore" windows option by mistake?) ..and the same/ or similar BSD ("blue screen of death") problem is still happening ?? And you didn't/ haven't re-installed the DVD drivers again..yet...right?This definite ly a Windows XP issue. The "generic" drivers in XP are not working with your DVD properly.If you still have your old CD/dvd drive around (the one that used to work OK with Windows) .. put it back in & use it to re-install Windows again.If that doesnt work.. then your Windows CD is "bad" OR you have some other hardware problem with the computer that you need to troubleshoot. Maybe your new DVD drive is bad.Hope this helpsRGPHNX