xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Guevara

Which Do You Prefer Amd Or Intel?

Which do you prefer AMD or Intel??  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I prefer Intel, even thought they limit you on overclocking.........I have an intel mobo, and an intel CPU........for my custom built gaming rig (although at only 6 months old it's already outdated lol....which is why im buying some new parts over the next few weeks)anyway tell me what you think!!!

I, too, prefer Intel. I have always used Intel processors all of my life and was never disappointed. The quality and features are very nice and I believe that the reliability is slightly greater than that of AMD. I dont know why, but I was never sold on the idea of purchasing an AMD board with an AMD processor. Anyways, if you were to build a pc, I would recommend purchasing the Intel. Even though that they may be a little more expensive, they are totally worth every penny of it. Good luck!

I have allways use AMD, and it has allways work really well. Also all my friends are using AMD, so i think its better. Maybe in future i will buy intel. :P

Courently I'm using Intel, but I want to switch to AMD (waiting to get more money :D ). One of reasons to use AMD is because they're cheaper than Intel processors, but yeah than I'll have to change also the main plate and maybe something other, but it's worth that (I have a really really old computer). There's also another thing because of what I prefer AMD. AMD had his 64-bit processors before Intel, but it seems strange to me cause I always thought that Microsoft and Intel are cooperating together so Intel should have their 64-bit processors made earlier than AMD. :P And their 64-bit processors are not so fast than AMD's (can be a mistake, I've just read this in a magazine, but I haven't tryed it by myself).

I think it depends on your needs. At this moment I have an AMD and I don't have to complain, but in summer it is VERY warm. I have an AthlonXP3000+ at 1735mhz and these days it can become 60?C (+- 140 F). But I've noticed AMD is very good for gaming. Though the things I do the most (3dsmax,photoshop,webdesign,...) intel processors are better and intel chipsets are more stable than "AMD-based" chipsets.But this is only I've noticed. Other people might think different.

AMD of course. There's only bennefits to using their CPUs. I would and could never touch an Intel chip unless I'm forced to. AMD is doing better than Intel now in performance, yet their prices are going up now since they know where they stand. AMD is the better choice, still, and they've done an incredible job in their processors. I'm glad we have competition like them to go against the big boys - Intel, because without them, all new CPUs would be $1000+ U.S..

Although (I think) AMD is better, I hear they have problems if you overwork them and that you have to be careful on how you use them. I've always used Intel so I don't really know if that is true or not.

161227[/snapback]

AMD processors do tend to have more problems than Intels. Though, AMD is becoming more and more popular. I think that AMD will eventually gain nearly full control. But, Intel will be around for the rest of us. :P

amd of course ... its cheaper and most of all you can overclock it not like most of intel chips you cant.. hmm but dispite that..my laptop and desktop is still on intel haha.. 1. dad bought the desktop and i didnt know anything bout it ...hmm laptop - amd - hmm doesnt link up when u hv a sony vaio haha

Intel has a competitive advantage over AMD because of the ammount of research money it shells out.With the kind of money it invests in low-power consumptions, size, and power, Intel is always a safe haven for this who know nothing about chipsets.In Ten years from now, when Intel announces the "214 TSH Giga work holy mother" chipsets, those AMD people will be left in the dark.Either they will have to buy a new motherboard, or be left with last years technology.Since intel is a big company, it is naturally more trusted in a wide array of areas.Since intel has mostly announced new technology, they willl be the future to come.From clock-speed to processors type. Codename Yoonah would work here.

Just and just And Just and Just IntelI Have Intel Cpu for 5 Yearsand it works Good with out any problemsbut My firend buy Amd Athlon Cpu afther 3 day has big problem i think intel is old Co and have good history ;)