xisto Community
epox

Php Vs Jsp? jsp features

i want to know what's the difference between jsp and conventional web design with html, php, js.I know is based on java but really don't understand how it works. I would like to program in pages where changes between different toppics doesn't exist!and the other q is if jsp has good options of design like css and flash integration.i guess db integration is powerful!

What I know is that I <3 PHP a lot more than JSP simply because 1) it's more powerful, 2) it's simpler to me, and 3) it makes for a more streamlined webpage. I can't really give you tech specs because I don't know of any :/

I would have to recommend PHP as well.. It is much easier to learn than JSP is.. Also, I see many more PHP hosts (including free ones) then I do see JSP hosts.. (although both can run on Apache servers).. JSP does have some security features such as compiled class files among other things..As far as CSS goes, it is Client-Side anyway, so any server-side language could produce it for the resulting HTML anyway... And Flash integration (server-side with DBs) would probably be eaiser with PHP (although I know JSP I have never integrated JSP with Flash on the server-side before)..All-in-all, I would say PHP would be a better choice, but that is just me!

I'm prefer PHP too, you can do evrything with them, easy fast and 100% compatibile with html. No suprises :P --------------------Practice is when evrything is work but no one know why.Theory is when work nothing but evry one know why.Programmers join Practice with Theory - nothing work and no one know why B)

but what about with the changes of one page to other?i would like to know i can display information with php, without change between pages and how can i make it, or at less any reference on how to begin.thanks a lot!

JSP, ASP, CHM and PHP are all server side technology which enables users to perform complicated operation at the web interface, like querying the database. It also enables a dynamic page which can be customized according to users, contrary to static html page. The other technology you mentioned, the js, is a client side technology which animates certain components of the webpage (e.g. buttons) and performs certain browser operations, something essentially different from what the makers of JSP and PHP want to do. PHP is run usually by installing a php module for the web server you are using (e.g. IIS or Apache). It has the merit of being free (GNU actually) and it has arguably the largest community on the internet that makes seeking support easy. JSP can be run on Tomcat, but I think certain servers (e.g. websphere) have built-in support for it. It is, however, generally run much slower then PHP scripts and ASP scripts (don?t know why). I think if you would like to learn server side scripting, php is a good place to start with. You may use Zend Studio to develop the scripts. As for CSS and Flash support, these are things mainly to do with html, which would be ?generated? by the server from php or jsp scripts. They make no difference here.

Give me PHP instead of JSP any day! My Java class last semester was rough. For me, Java is more difficult to learn and discect than PHP and from what I have read, PHP may have a significant speed advantage over Java. Read the following article for more info:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

(notice that the article is dated 2001. Have things changed since then?)

(notice that the article is dated 2001. Have things changed since then?)

Definetly, the changed lots of things on the JSP engines!

- Php is easier to learn than JSP

- There are more servers that offer PHP useage

- PHP is faster for SMALL applications

- Usage of HTML and CSS? If you are a good developer PHP and JSP will work the same. (so paladin, and epox where soooo wrong)...

- JSP is far more powerfull than JSP

(so biscuitrat when did you made up that non-sence)

- JSP could connect to ANY database available (and easier than PHP)

- It makes very streamlined pages (biscuitrat again sais it does not), but working with packages and classes makes Java a REAL Object Orientated Language, something PHP will never "really be".

I think that the main community of people who want to screw around with websites wil use PHP because its easier to code and to host. However most real developers will be using JSP or .NET ...