xisto Community
Cerb

My Bass Site cerb.trap17.com

I haven't been working on it for very long, but you can check it out at cerb.trap17.com. When finished, it will be centered around bass and my bass building. The 'updates' thing is to be replaced by a shoutbox, and the iFrames used are going to be replaced by PHP includes. I didn't have PHP installed on my computer, so I was just using iFrames to test it on this machine.

I will constantly be adding new stuff to it, I'm sure. Eventually the "Random Shizzizle" part of the menu will have it's own page so that the menu doesn't grow to monstrous proportions.

P.S. Check out my poem of sorts by clicking on "Ponder This". It's my first attempt at poetry, and I really didn't mean to right it as such. Once I finished it, though, I really liked it.

I also forgot to mention, if anyone viewing it could take a screenshot and post it here, I would be very greatful. Also include your screen resolution and browser/version.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please refrain from double posting (back to back). If you must add or edit, use the REPORT button and send with a detailed instruction.

The yellow on blue is a little bit odd. If I were yo u, I'd like to switch that around to some other color that's less bright on the blue. Another thing that kind of annoys me is the little iFrame scroll menu on your navigation since it would help people to be able to see all links at once. I would also take out the "site is best viewed in [resolution]" part because you want people to be able to view your site well in all layouts, not only one. For example, it looks all right in 1024 x 768, but people would be scared away if they saw just boxes and mismatched text everywhere on a 800x600 or whatever. Also, the red text on the dark blue is a little vivid as well. A new palette of colors for the text is probably necessary :/

Also, you don't need to have PHP installed on your computer, just on your server. If you're hosted here, it's already installed so no worries B)(Check out Fantastico! So many scripts :P)

its a good layout simple yet useful but the colors are all off, work with the colors bit and you be fine.

Also, you don't need to have PHP installed on your computer, just on your server. If you're hosted here, it's already installed so no worries B)

(Check out Fantastico! So many scripts :P)

159983[/snapback]

The reason I wanted it installed on my computer was so I could preview the files before they were online. That's why I was using the iFrames.

As for the text color, that was my favorite part. It looks fine on my computer, but I have my brightness turned down a bit. That's why I was hoping for some screeenshots. I wanted to see how it looks on various screens. I think the reason I liked the color so much was because it didn't go great with the blue. It really contrasted and gave a kinda groovy feel to the site, and what's bass without groove?

Here you go, Cerb. One screen shot as requested.

Posted Image

Although it does not make any difference if your monitor color temperature setting is as your liking. I can have the same monitor color setting as yours but if my graphics card has Adobe sRGB color space setting it will be different. Ya know?

Thanks for the shot. I tried to downsize the font on the menu before any else took a look, but it seems you beat me to it. I've made the font smaller so that the longer titles will fit well. It looks a lot better now.

yeah this site looks nice but maybe little bit too dark for my taste =/ and you could make shoutbox same color that site.lol this quote of the week is really cool idea :P:D

I like the simplicity of it, but a bit more excitement is not gonna hurt.

For example, you could add a background to each of your content boxes instead of using a background color. Instead of using solid for your borders, you could use ridge to make them stand out even more. Try adding a banner. A good banner could really spice up a site. There are several tutorials on good-tutorials.com that you could follow. Your title "TBD" needs to be better if you want people to click on your site from Google. Make it attractive. Not a lot of people know what "TBD" stands for. Finally, the smilie, Posted Image needs editing so that it doesn't have the white border around it.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I am actually in the process of making a banner at the moment. As for the TBD, it's more of a placeholder than anything. I will probably write out "Taylor Baker Designs" for it soon until I can think of a better name. The smilies were definately next on the list, I just hadn't gotten around to it. The border thing is a pretty good idea. I really like the solid black, mainly because it's simplistic, but I will definately play around with it.Regarding the content background suggestion; I had been playing around with it a while back, and I now believe I have an image that will look pretty nice. On the 'About Me' section, you can see the "pixelated" looking image of my playing my bass. I've copied part of the pattern from my hand and saved it as an image. It looks pretty nice as the background, so I may do that.P.S. You're one of the few people I've come across since being here who knows how to type. You've just made my day a whole lot easier :P.

Well, I changed the background of those cells to the image I was talking about. It actually makes the font color not look so out of place. It's definately staying that way.As you can see, I also totally changed the smilies on the homepage. It was just easier to change them, rather than edit them, especially since I don't have even paint anymore.

That would be an awesome background. Any major color changes or anything?I second the border - dunno about the ridge though. It sounds too bevel and emboss-like to me. That was a Photoshop effect that got boring fast.I would suggest downloading a trial of some random image editing program (PS or Fireworks will do the trick) just so you don't have to use Paint. People who resort to Paint often end up going insane at trying to find out where the filters are, eventually remembering that Paint was invented by idiotic cavemen in a scramble to create the world's first megabillion dollar computer company (they eventually made Microsoft)Trust cavemen to ruin your day :P

Neatly set content. All organised and easy to navigate. Althought the colours do not go with each other. The layout is O.K .The font and way the header image is put doesn't really fit.The header, text, shoutbox and background colours also do not match.

A very intriguing combination of colours. Personally, I wouldn't have used those shades of blue and yellow. You could use them together, because their both primary colours, but you have to use them as accents, not a full blown colour scheme. Other than the colours, I like the actual layout of your website. It's simple, clean, easy to navigate, and it works for your sites content. Overall: 6/10

It's odd that you mention the blue. It should show up as a pixelated gray/green background. The CSS still keeps the background blue, but the background image should be covering it. It shows fine for me in Firefox and IE. What are you using?