xisto Community
sonorama

The Perfect Girl/boy? Does it really exist?

Wow! first of all, I have to say that I'm glad you guys opened this forum, it is quite nice to have these kind of discussion places in Xisto.com Well, my problem is the following:I've never been the kind of guy who depends a lot on a relationship. I actually get sick of them when my girl starts being possesive. I also dislike aguings about who's right and who's wrong. I'm pretty unstable (if you wanna say so) in relationships. Nowadays I can't stand being with certain people after a big while, it applies to friends and gfs.The problem is that I really think I should try to give a chance for a serious relationship, but, believe me, I have tried already, and it didn't work out B)Well, I guess I need to wait for my soulmate, if she really exists...Cheers! :P

Hm...good question. I think if I have a perfect girl, I haven't met her yet. I think it's more of a "people lower their expectations, and it SEEMS like they end up with the perfect one" type deal. Dunno though.

Hmmm... the perfect boy or girl...Whether they exist or not depends upon what your definition of perfect is. If it is a person with whome you will never argue.. then there is no such thing.It is human nature to argue. No two people in the world will ever see every little thing eye to eye. If that is what you are looking for.. then stop looking. There is nothing wrong with a little argument, it is healthy.. the key is to not let stupid little things blow up into big things.The two keys are trust, and communication. Men and Women since the beginning of time have had a communication problem. If a man says to a woman "I want a Guy's night out" a woman will hear "I hate you and I want to go out and chase women so I can find one better than you"It works the other way around too. We men don't always hear what women are saying correctly either. The trick is learning to understand what what your partner is feeling... not necessarily what comes out of there mouth. We are a society that speaks before we think... so quite often, what we have meant to say is not what actually comes out of our mouth.Once both people realize that and work together to understand what the other really means... then the relationships can work.As for soulmates... With the Billions of people in this world... what do you suppose are the chances that the one and only "Soulmate" exists for you in your own hometown? Or even in your own State or even country? Just something to think about.

Well, I am not quite sure of this, but I do believe it happens only ONCE in a life. It happened to me with a girl from Finland. I knew it was pretty hard to mantain a relationship with someone from that far, I mean, Mexico is pretty far from Suomi, the good thing was that she stayed here in my town for almost two school years. So, in fact, she and I really enjoyed to be together all day long, every single day.that was funny, cuz we both really hated to be "tied" to someone or stuck in something for a big while. But None of those thoughts made us reject being so together every single moment for almost One year and a half.She and I were going to get married, but we couldnt cuz of some legal stuff, she came to Mexico through Rotary Club, so when she arrived in here, she was under age (17) and even though she was already 19 when we were supposed to get married, it could not have been possible, don't even ask me why... :DWell, now I have had plenty of relationships, all different to each other and all in different times, but still feel like going to Finland once a while.Cheers! :P

Well, I am not quite sure of this, but I do believe it happens only ONCE in a life. It happened to me with a girl from Finland. I knew it was pretty hard to mantain a relationship with someone from that far, I mean, Mexico is pretty far from Suomi, the good thing was that she stayed here in my town for almost two school years. So, in fact, she and I really enjoyed to be together all day long, every single day.

that was funny, cuz we both really hated to be "tied" to someone or stuck in something for a big while. But None of those thoughts made us reject being so together every single moment for almost One year and a half.

She and I were going to get married, but we couldnt cuz of some legal stuff, she came to Mexico through Rotary Club, so when she arrived in here, she was under age (17) and even though she was already 19 when we were supposed to get married, it could not have been possible, don't even ask me why... :D

Well, now I have had plenty of relationships, all different to each other and all in different times, but still feel like going to Finland once a while.

Cheers! B)

161073[/snapback]

Wowza, total bummer. You were going to marry her and everything? OUCH. :P

Wowza, total bummer. You were going to marry her and everything? OUCH. :P

161108[/snapback]

Yeah! But we couldn't anyway. I still love her I guess. Hehehe, I just hope none of my ex-gfs after her are reading this :D

Hmmm... the perfect boy or girl...

Whether they exist or not depends upon what your definition of perfect is. If it is a person with whome you will never argue.. then there is no such thing.

It is human nature to argue. No two people in the world will ever see every little thing eye to eye. If that is what you are looking for.. then stop looking. There is nothing wrong with a little argument, it is healthy.. the key is to not let stupid little things blow up into big things.

The two keys are trust, and communication. Men and Women since the beginning of time have had a communication problem. If a man says to a woman "I want a Guy's night out" a woman will hear "I hate you and I want to go out and chase women so I can find one better than you"

It works the other way around too. We men don't always hear what women are saying correctly either. The trick is learning to understand what what your partner is feeling... not necessarily what comes out of there mouth. We are a society that speaks before we think... so quite often, what we have meant to say is not what actually comes out of our mouth.

Once both people realize that and work together to understand what the other really means... then the relationships can work.

As for soulmates... With the Billions of people in this world... what do you suppose are the chances that the one and only "Soulmate" exists for you in your own hometown? Or even in your own State or even country? Just something to think about.

160027[/snapback]

Obviously there's not a perfect one out there as without flaw but I think there is one that is ideal for you. However, I think because so many people do lower their standards that they make themselves people who will go after anyone, and by making themselves accessible to all they minimize what makes them unique and capable of finding that special person. And if they do find them they've become someone who won't value the relationship anyway, someone who, quite simply, can't be a part of a meaningful relationship because of who they have become.

I would say because of this two people who were ideal for each other and who do remain in a state where they can have a loving, meaningful relationship, the best possible for them, is a very, very rare thing. And I believe that once you have met that special someone you will be utterly persuaded from then on that they are the right one, whether it be 7 minutes or 7 years from now, and you will have no desire to seek anyone else since you'll believe you've already found the right one.

Hmm... on further retrospect, I think you have to have a certain state of heart so that when you do meet the right one you are capable of returning love as well as commitment, if you can't do that then the relationship never had a chance to be the "perfect" one since you will not treat it correctly in the first place. So many people come about with the idea that dating relationships are for merely physical pleasure and I think when you are looking primarily for the physical you are not going to find anything deeper then that... And I think there has to be a capability for love in you, or the ideal person for you will be someone who won't love you anymore then you love others.

Well I met this girl in california and she was really hot and she had really good qualitys. I think she was the perfect girl. I had to move so now i live in michigan and I was really sad because i missed her. About a year after i moved she told me she was gonna be moving soon to michigan and i was really excited because i could see her again. She ended up moving to the city next to mine. I saw her a lot so i was happy. about 4 monthes ago she was killed by a car so i will never see her again. I can't sleep and i barley eat now. I am sure she was perfect for me.

the perfect girl would have to strong, determined and know what she is doing, and knows what hse wants in life. looks come secondwell actually i do have that with my current girlfriend ***gasp***

I think there are almost perfect (wo)men on this earth, (my boyfriends is one) cause there's always some tiny thing you don't like or less like about that girl/boy. But then, you decide what you think will make a me or women perfect, so it's for everyone different. I think if you keep looking and searching, you'll never find them, because you will keep adding demands on how-a-man/woman-should-be like and that's on reachable. Then there is this; what if you finally do meet the perfect one? You aren't there yet, cause if he doesn't want you, the chance is even more little you meet and get together with a guy or girl from your perfect image.

Let me tell you something it is thing that we always expect from our partners but we wont let our partner expect from us.why so?any girl wants that kind of comfort but i know girls usually dont move arround me.and i have no girlfrind yet.but i have so many girls in our group.anyway,if you are waiting for soulmate search within your surrounding you will find her somehwre.

Of course, no one's perfect. Before you feel disappointed though, you should ask yourself if you really need someone perfect to be your partner for the rest of your life. I think many, like me, would say no.If you think that the intial reaction to a perfect boy/girl is an attraction, I would strongly disagree with you. I do not think that attraction or even love is the intial steps to a relationship. To me, RESPECT is the key to a relationship. I think even think that love is even an easier feeling to developed than respect.Well, before anyone jump on me for saying that; ok, maybe LOVE can be a much powerful feeling, but these days so many people abuse the the word LOVE, that's my reasoning for saying the above.

I recently found a quote which seems appropriate for this topic: "We're only perfect when we lie."I think this is absolutely true. While a person may find someone who is perfect for them, there are still qualities you have to over look. That is key to a successful relationship.

(I'm kind of a romantic so feel free to disagree with anything in this post or subsequent posts in this topic)I suppose that one could argue that someone would be perfect when not lying if viewed through the eyes of someone who truly loves them. Like the old saying, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," I think it's possible for someone to see perfection in someone else, despite the fact that perfection is, by nature, impossible. I've always liked to think that there is some perfect person out there, but as I grow older and society begins to have more of an effect on me, I've begun to doubt it. Any relationship takes work from both parties, be it friendship or a romantic endeavor. However, with the six and a half billion people on this planet, there is bound to be someone who you would get along with extremely well. Backing up this somewhat, in my short 15 years of life I have already met three girls that I get along with exceptionally well, and many more with whom I have strong friendships.I also liked to think that it would be guaranteed that you'd meet this person some time in your life, but probability and the decline in belief of spiritual happenings has got me doubting this also. When I say "doubting this" it's not like I thought that it was actually something plausible in a world where nothing supernatural exists, but I've always been somewhat spiritual in my belief of things beyond what can be proven (not specifically religion).So I guess in answer to the topic's original question, no, I don't really think that there is a "perfect person" anymore, but there are probably many with whom it would be relatively easy to get along or have a strong relationship.