xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cragllo

So Called 'txt' Tlk

I hate seing some stupid versions of words, now dont get me wrong, i use some like g2g, lol, lmao, but its the ones like 7hi$ :unsure:So I have a message to all those people (mostly 'townies' who type like that:1f u c4n r34d th1s, u r3411y n33d t0 g37 a 1if3Thats all I have to say on that matter :P

1f u c4n r34d th1s, u r3411y n33d t0 g37 a 1if3

159761[/snapback]

Hey that's not fair! :P In my formal occupation I was trained to "r34d" these words as fast as I can because, security for a company was depended on it.

Just because I can read it, doesn't mean that I need to change my online life schedule. But then again, I was told I spend way to much time cruising around Xisto. HA~!

hmm if i remember correctly they do have a similar topic talking about this kind of typing leetspeak or something crazy like that. but lucky for me i don't search the internet to know how to type that. and buffalo what security place would use something like that might as well use rot-13 for securityFYI-rot-13 is a old school crypting where the letter used in the secret message is 13 letters off ie: a=m something like that.

Apparently the Philippines is the texting (sending SMS on mobile phones) capital of the world. I don't think I'm a texting addict but I do send a good number of text messages everyday. I usually forward cute, inspiring and funny messages to my friends and family and most of the time these messages are typed this way :P

1f u c4n r34d th1s, u r3411y n33d t0 g37 a 1if3

It just makes the message more interesting but I don't do it on formal emails or urgent messages. B)

and buffalo what security place would use something like that might as well use rot-13 for security

159772[/snapback]

Ahem...I can't go into a detail...but the company I used to work for required every employees to search out other websites and to read "codes" that general public cannot comprehend 100% and keep it under a watch--especially when those languages were used to exploit the security loop of my formal company's data or luring perverts out from hiding and slap them with cold steel cufflinks. That is all. I was hired to read between the lines, bait and catch kind of things.

I have to agree. I don't like 1337 speak very much. It's just too hard to read, and not worth the effort. Especially when you have amateur 1337ists who type words in ways that really just don't make any sense at all. I also really don't like lazy-chat speak. brb or g2g is one thing, but I can't stand it when people change are to r and you to u, etc. It's a THREE LETTER WORD! It doesn't need to be any shorter.

well you can bad habits are to get rid especially with chat room jargon, lucky for me i didn't pic it up at all, just he basic lol or brb stuff is good enough for me.

that leet talk is very annoying...it makes words mor complicated than they need to be but on cell phones sometimes depending on what your sayin you have to cut even the shortest words shorter because they make limits on how many characters you can put in one message...but places like this, its really not necessary

ei evry1 sori bout dis, bt dis is how we typ words w sms hir n d Phils.most of us hir cud undrstnd each oder wen sendng msgs in shrt 4mat.we cud insert as mny charctrs 2 maxmize d power of d tx mesagng.u see, txtng is so much cheapr hir dan makin a col, dats y ull c most of us walkng wyl txtng & not making a fon col.Translation:Hey everyone! Sorry about this, but this is how we type words with SMS here in the Philippines. Most of us here could understand each other when sending messages in short format. We could insert as many characters to maximize the power of test messaging. You see, testing is so much cheaper here than making a call, that is why you will see most of us walking while testing and not making a phone call.I do not think this method of conversation is annoying, you just have to use it on a certain medium. You should not use it for formal conversations for email (especially if it is a bussiness matter). I guess it is allowed for chatroom. But please do not use them for your school reviews and composition writings.

but doing it in forums like trap is telling people that your just typing spam for your pleasure and ruining topics that have either good questions statements and other stuff, in one shape or form most everyone is guilty of spamming the boards.lucky i only use when it seems useful.

This "language" known formerly as leetspeek or 13375p33k Is typical of the sad 11 year old playing counterstrike saying such things as pwn3d or \/\/3 \/\/1ll pwn j00 n00bz. It is one of the reasons why i hate Cs, I heard of a guy that handed an english essay in written like this. No prizes for guessing his result.

I think theres already a topic for this...but...oh well.I agree, text speaking is baaad. It's really annoying too. Especially when you use "lol" or "lmao". People even use "lol" when it's not funny, they just have no other response. It's so stupid. And then when you tell someone a joke and their only response is "lol", you start thinking your joke wasn't that funny because "lol" isn't much of a strong response, if you know what I mean....But, anyways. Like someone mentioned, the cell phone text messaging limmits your characters, so it's reasonable to have things like "r u doin ok ther?". But on forums and chat boxes, even emails, I don't find it nessicary. It's hard to read, you have to think hard in order to read it (I have to read it out loud in order to see what they're saying...). I mean.... it's not that hard to type. "R" and "U" are only three letter words, it doesn't take much. And internet talking with people shows you've never taking typing lessons or have and never had computer lessons.Spelling errors, I don't mind. Chat speaking, it's just plain annyoing. If you're trying to be "cool" by chat speaking, then go get a life. Thanks for making this topic.