xisto Community
vusay

The London Bombings Spare a minute and pay your respect

First of all, I have to apologise. (It seems as though I'm getting good at this now) One : I'm not sure if this is the right place, as I'm not really venting out my agression as such. And two : I'm sorry if this has been done already but it's important and is on a lot of our minds right now.

Firstly, I don't want any arguments here. Statiscally, the death tolls are no way near that of 9/11, but that's obviously no reason not to pay attention to this. You could also say that the autorities seem overly concerned of the effects to the economy and the disabled public transport system that London needs for the comuters to keep it alive, in comparison to the ever more important issue of loss of human lives. But the principle remains - there was a terroist attack and (last time I heard) about 37 people hae been confirmed dead, and hundreds injured.

So in view of this I would like everyone to show there respect by just adding a little message offering your sympathy and condolences to everyone effected by this trajic event. As I have already said, I don't want an arguments about how the goverment have treated this or would they should have done, I just want everyone to show support and pay their respect. It's not going to help at all, but at least we know that this community care.

Now to go more personal and look at the event itself. I live in Torbay in Devon, and so I am about 150 miles from London. There is nothing of major significance here, and so no reason why anything will be replicated down here. However, as we are now epecting another terrosit attack in London, just take a moment to think about how the Londeners feel now. They are on Red Alert and as the last attack has shown, anywhere can be hit. Personally, my main concern is the Airports, as they are the next importnat factor that may have an equal effect. However, due to the increased security percautions at airports, this seems unlikely. Now I live in Great Britian, so I am not to sure about this next subject, but I'm guessing it would feel very similar to the Washington sniper incident. People living in a state of utter fear.

That is why, I think we should at least show our support, even if it is only a sentance. And I find it disgusting to think there are some people who will look at this topic and think 'Nah, it'll take too long'. Well I don't want to offend anybody here, but think about those who have lost family members. They are still trying to live, but on the other hand some people can't even be bothered to just do a simple thing like this. So Please just express your sympathy here now!

I'm deeply sorry to anyone touched by this trajic event and I hope that everyone can manage to recover and at least start to get back to normal. And here I am right now, off school with a bad throat and every so often moaning about the slight, not even pain - but discomfort, I am in, where ther are people lying in hospital without legs, having to live the rest of their lies like it.

Just everyone stop arguing for a moment and express your sympathy here.

Lee Webber - GRATEFUL to be in good health, with the rest of my life to live.

During the NATO bombing in Serbia (1999), we were living in fear also, but knowing that the usual targets were military facilities and by being alerted on time when the air raid started made our life much easier...But this, this is very scary... Innocent people are walking with their children to school and going to work with their eyes wide open because they don?t know where or when the next bomb is going to go off (hopefully, there isn?t going to be a ?next bomb?). Innocent people in London died because of somebody?s sick ideas. Innocent people are living in fear and are isolating themselves from the real world because of somebody?s sick ideas!I would like to show my respect and I am offering my sympathy and condolences to everyone affected by this tragic event. I would also like to say something to the people affected by the misdeeds of terrorism: You are stronger than this! Fight for your rights! You are the one who is struggling to help the world become a better place every day! You are a creator, not a destroyer! Live your life and show everybody that you can?t be weakened by people who devoted their lives to destroying other peoples lives!

I know exactly how people in London must be feeling. I lived there for about 7 years and I used to travel regularly on the #30 bus. I was there on Sept. 11 and so had to deal personally with a similar fear to what people must be feeling now. Both my wife & I worked in the City and there were several scares in London in the days following 9/11 cos people thought it might've been just the start of a global campaign. We left to come back to Oz at the beginning of 2002 and were pretty glad to leave by that time cos London had definitely become a much tenser place in the period between September and February.

I am speaking for practically all of America when I say that the USA knows what England is going through. Some people just don't have any respect for innocent people. Probably all of the people killed in this attack and on September 11 had nothing against those terrorists and did nothing to harm them. Its just not right.

London was the financial landmark of the world and the terriost though it would be sending all the rest of the unions a message by the acts they did. I think that the other countries in the union are doing a good job by keeping the public under control and trying to resolve the problems when it happens.

Edited by dundun2007 (see edit history)

Condolences to everyone...This is not just a problem for London, but the whole wide world. Terrorism has killed many people and had caused prejudice among religions and countries in the world. For this, more people are killed as the effect of antagonis reaction between them.Condolences to London...This new pattern of terrorism attack sure make us confused. Before this, the attack is mostly targets the politicians, millitary and goverments. But lately, the so-called terroris are attacking publics, schools and does not differentiate between passerby and their anemy.It seemed to me that instead of helping them in their cause, this kind of attacks will bring more hatred to their community.In Iraq, they started to attack malls, schools. In Afgan, they started to attack publics and in London, they attacked innocence. This kind of action is irrational and unexceptable for their cause and will bring them nothing except hatred. I m sorry to say that because of this, Islamic communities are being blamed, hated and misjudged. So why did they do this?Condolences to everyone who have lost their beloved ones...Like I've said, this new terrorism pattern got us confused. It just dont make any sense. For this, we must really ask a question. "WHO DOES REALLY BENEFIT FROM THIS ATTACKS?". I have theories about it but I dont know if I should share it.I like to bring your attention to this because it is not a small stuff and it is really important for our co-existance in this world.

Your right - I don't see how anybody can benefit from these attacks. The victims were innocent, mothers and children just getting on with their lives, causing no problems to anyone. Unlike many of the other attacks, there seemed to be no religious reason either. There could have been anyone on those busses and trains, they didn't care, they just wanted to cause as much devastaion as possible. And why? For the sake of there group becoming more popular? Making innocent people afraid of coming out of their homes? Put simply, they are cowards, who know that fighting properly (not that you can fight properly) against armys will get them killed, as they have such week military forces, so they fight against non-excpeting civillians. And what's even worst, there's nothing we can really do about it as indivisuals.

Back to the question, "Who Benefit From These Attacks?". The answer is NO ONE.So what we should do is to really examine the questions that we have. Do you really think that these terroris would go blindly attack everyone, everywhere and at the same time kill themself without any apparent reason? Come on, this isnt a film which the BAD guys are totally bad, where all the BAD guys would do is to kill, kill and kill. This isnt a Hollywood production where feature some mindless group of people doesnt have anything else to do execpt taking others life.Terroris or whatever you would call it are groups of people who have visions, targets and rules. Just like other criminals, they have reasons to do things and what happened wasnt showning any much of a reason. What happen was only negativity being picture to their community, which is TOTALLY OPPOSING THEIR CAUSE. If you believe that terroris are groups of bad guys which have the same traits of bad guys of hollywood, then, please think again!.Like I've said, this isnt the Hollywood film, they are all humans like we are. So, once again, we and all of our community should question this and find the truth about the so called terroris attack.Take the red pill and i'll show you how deep the rabit hole goes...

Whafizi, I just saw this after the locked post by the darcy guy (which I know you saw too). Judging by his name and the use of certain british language (effing?) I'm guessing he's one of the young british kids these terrorist groups cater to. I read an article about it recently and how they have these thug groups that will attack people on the streets as an actual ritual, people in their schools, older people, women, children, etc... I recall reading another article about how belief in God is virtually extinct in England as well... I think our country is rapidly heading in that direction as well... thoughts?

Yes, the arrogance of human nature is now out of control. It is ok if they dont want to have any faith in GOD, but the worst effect of it that they will assume they can do anything that they want in this world. This kind of thinking is now spreading from intellects, politicians, businessman and youth. At the end what they only value if their life and doesnt care anymore about others.You know, today everything is blurry. You cant trust your government anymore. You cant trust the TV, radio and certantly you cannot trust the politicians. All that they do is to sit on their *bottom*, and then when problem comes they will tell much excuses, saying this and that. But still we rely on them very much because we dont have any choice.Actually, there is a better way. I believe with communities like this (Internet, etc) we can spread the idea which will make others rethink about the way they live, and revaluate the value of human society as a whole.

Yes, the arrogance of human nature is now out of control. It is ok if they dont want to have any faith in GOD, but the worst effect of it that they will assume they can do anything that they want in this world. This kind of thinking is now spreading from intellects, politicians, businessman and youth. At the end what they only value if their life and doesnt care anymore about others.

You know, today everything is blurry. You cant trust your government anymore. You cant trust the TV, radio and certantly you cannot trust the politicians. All that they do is to sit on their *bottom*, and then when problem comes they will tell much excuses, saying this and that.  But still we rely on them very much because we dont have any choice.

Actually, there is a better way. I believe with communities like this (Internet, etc) we can spread the idea which will make others rethink about the way they live, and revaluate the value of human society as a whole.

161376[/snapback]

As far as people feeling they can do whatever they want, I saw this comic recently and thought that it actually made a pretty good subtle statement at the attitude people take all too often these days:

http://www.gocomics.com/brewsterrockit/2005/07/10/

As for the government, no matter how good a government system is ultimately it relies simply upon the people governing it. I'm sure you have heard many times that we are not a democracy but a democratic republic (if I got that term right). I believe that with our system it only forces those who want to abuse it to do it with even more subtility and cunning then other systems since they have to resort to lies and pulling the wool over the masses to garner enough support to gain power.

That's the thing with textbooks, news articles, etc... For all the talk about emphasizing unbiased opinions, actually finding one is a very, very rare thing. Virtually everyone not only has an agenda but it will influence their actions. This includes our politicians. It's almost like America has become so trusting of the government as a whole that it has lost the element of distrust that places perhaps the most crucial part of the system of checks and balances upon the government should it become corrupt.

Perhaps also it is a reflection of how corrupt our nation is becoming. Bush publicly lies to the country and no one things anything about it. A president doing that 20 years ago would get impeached and banned from politics. It's as if Americans place a far lower bar on the level of honesty and accountability required by those representing them. We look at all the cops and interrogators and prosecutors and judges who condemn the innocent and abuse the system often simply because they can and are too lazy to do their jobs, and get off with a slap on the wrist, if that. There are people who were about to suffer massive sentences for things they didn't do, and when DNA evidence or something proves they didn't do it, the prosecutors STILL say "We don't have evidence anymore, but we're still sure he was involved somehow" because they don't want to admit they were wrong and suggest they didn't gather evidence properly.

There's the saying that all that is needed for evil to win is for good men to stand by and do nothing. Well, there are so few people doing anything about any of the wrong stuff in the world that they have to choose their battles. They have enough trouble trying to cure the wrongs done to people that there are few if any to worry about actually showing the ones doing the wrongs for what they are. And so the judges and prosecutors go on their merry way doing what they feel like and the majority of the American public doesn't care. Those who would've done something or busy worrying about even greater wrongs done to others and trying to help there. I'm saying the percentage of people willing to do anything is getting spread far too thin these days.

Now everything is out of hand. War erupts, ppl being slaugthered, kids die of hunger, but still they say that their actions is done toward the best of mand kind. B*LS**T!. Everything that they done so far is for themself. Subtlely, they carved the nations future toward their value.

Like you've said, everyone who has the power will use them in the accordance to their own personal agenda. That's where we can see politicians got rich and richer every day, at the same time ppl are being dragged to poverty, unjust and nothingness. Ppl like Bush is one of them.

Do you know that he actually orchestrated the 911 attack? I dont want to bring you guys with just theories, but these are facts that you should not overlook.

Videos are avaliable;

archive.org/download/911theRoadadtotyranny.wmv *-a VERY VERY interesting video that you should see. This shows the prove how 911 was directed by Bush.

911 Busters *-more interesting facts that can open your eyes. Please, in the name of human peace, please dont overlook those videos. Please...

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
You can express your views without using expletive language. Added 2 *s
Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

everyone to show there respect by just adding a little message offering your sympathy and condolences to everyone effected by this trajic event. As I have already said, I don't want an arguments about how the goverment have treated this or would they should have done, I just want everyone to show support and pay their respect. It's not going to help at all, but at least we know that this community care.

159749[/snapback]

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of London and the whole Great Brittan. You were there when America was mourning, now it's time for us to be at your side.

[hr=noshade]

On the side note, from now on if any post that cannot follow the starter of this topic and goes off topic will receive warning adjustments. The author specifically requested that "don't want [an] arguments about how the governments have treated this" and you dare to go off tangent?[/hr]