xisto Community
adriantc

G8 Summit And The Problems Of The World See world hunger, world peace...

I am very sorry for the people that suffered in the attacks in London, but I got really angry when I heard Blair's press anouncement after the attack. He was saying he was sorry that while they are resolving the problems of the world, terrorists are attacking London. I hate those terrorists who don't understand that this is not the way to deal with certain problems, but I also hate Blair and Bush who seem to forget that they attacked Iraq. I don't get how Blair can say that they are resolving worlds problems when infact, at the G8 summit, they manage to share their influence over the world. Let's face it...I don't think Blair and Bush (and of the other presidents) are really trying to help those poor people in Africa by solving the problem of hunger in the world. Why I don't belive them? Because with the billions of $ invested in the war in Iraq they surely could have made a big difference in Africa. But the real problem is the hunger, the real problem is the OIL... that is why I hate them... :unsure:

well i just read $50 billion is going to africa from many different countries (lol yeah right to help support the next war).you do prove many points to the how much money is being spent on this war last i heard 200 Billion has been spent just in iraq alone, and whats funny 90% of the money is missing which tells you something illegal is going.

the real problem is the OIL... that is why I hate them... :unsure:

159356[/snapback]

Haha, are you saying that since we helped liberate the people of Iraq, we should get free/cheap oil?

I remember hearing Donald Rumsfeld saying that the war in Iraq will only take a couple of weeks, months tops back in 2003 (?). Now, it's two years later, and there is still a war....

i dunno who said it when i watching the news i heard them say world war III, hmm it might as well be look at the hot spots austrialia, england spain , usa, all of the middle east, africa and many other countries that are being attacked cuz of this war on terrorism. screw oil i say start working on the electrci car and screw oil for good.

I share with you my strong objection to the war in Iraq, which I think was a war of injustice, but I don?t really share your compassion with the people of Africa. I must admit that poverty, to some extent is an outcome of social injustice or international injustice, but I think the main reason for the poverty in Africa is that of poor administration and continuing social and political unrests, which are things reversible. I am now living in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is a place where there are no natural resources, no land and it does not even have enough water supply. However the people somehow managed to lift the dismal island to a decent city and I think this shows that the lack of natural resources should not be an excuse for stagnation of development. If you look at Singapore, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea, you will wonder why hunger strikes certain countries, but not others. The problem of Africa is that it has never established an enlightened government and the civil war and racial problems plagued it more than natural disaster like droughts (Australia also suffers from droughts, but it has better birth control and better technology). Dumping money into Africa does not solve the political problems. So while people are protesting against a very ill-defined idea called poverty, I would be more skeptical about the so-called relief for the African country.

i'm so worry about terrorist attack in london, most of the people is not like blair(witch) or her girlfriend, it is annoying, that a good cause like sports is traumatized by a group of persons that maybe have the reason, all that actions against poor countrys and that satirical comedy mounted by buuuuuu sh aiming terrorist every man who is hunger, but we still resolving problems like thousands of years ago, isn't enough with all the tragedy we observe in our system.i know bush stinks, but please if someone of you can hear, the rest of the people don't have to be involucrated in all this trauma, if you want cooperate kill bush and all her putrefaction, or her girlfriend but don't bother us, we must be like brothers, singing in one voice: peace!kill em all!!! :unsure:

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Warning! I know English isn't your first language but chanting about killing someone else to leave you alone isn't what I call a good post and being a good member. Until you have walked a mile in his shoes, refrain from making an absolute conclusion about a person.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

i'm so worry about terrorist attack in london, most of the people is not like blair(witch) or her girlfriend, it is annoying, that a good cause like sports is traumatized by a group of persons that maybe have the reason, all that actions against poor countrys and that satirical comedy mounted by buuuuuu sh aiming terrorist every man who is hunger, but we still resolving problems like thousands of years ago, isn't enough with all the tragedy we observe in our system.
i know bush stinks, but please if someone of you can hear, the rest of the people don't have to be involucrated in all this trauma, if you want cooperate kill bush and all her putrefaction, or her girlfriend but don't bother us, we must be like brothers, singing in one voice: peace!

kill em all!!! :unsure:

Mate, you get today's award for most nonsensical rambling I've read. :P

(Australia also suffers from droughts, but it has better birth control and better technology).

Odd choice to single out - Australia doesn't need birth control. In fact, we need the opposite of what is in place in places like China because Australia's population is ageing rapidly due to the fact that the older generations are living longer while the younger generations aren't producing as many children.

I share with you my strong objection to the war in Iraq, which I think was a war of injustice, but I dont really share your compassion with the people of Africa. I must admit that poverty, to some extent is an outcome of social injustice or international injustice, but I think the main reason for the poverty in Africa is that of poor administration and continuing social and political unrests, which are things reversible. I am now living in Hong Kong. Hong Kong is a place where there are no natural resources, no land and it does not even have enough water supply. However the people somehow managed to lift the dismal island to a decent city and I think this shows that the lack of natural resources should not be an excuse for stagnation of development. If you look at Singapore, Japan, Taiwan and South Korea, you will wonder why hunger strikes certain countries, but not others. The problem of Africa is that it has never established an enlightened government and the civil war and racial problems plagued it more than natural disaster like droughts (Australia also suffers from droughts, but it has better birth control and better technology). Dumping money into Africa does not solve the political problems. So while people are protesting against a very ill-defined idea called poverty, I would be more skeptical about the so-called relief for the African country.

159419[/snapback]

Regarding the, lets say, African problem, you have to admin that Africa is the cradle of menkind, and we should forget the fact that until the second world war it was a cow to be milked (don't know if you understand the expression). Also we shouldn't forget South Africa for example with it's white man who caused the political unrest you where talking about.

But, you are right regarding the fact that the lack of natural resources shouldn't stop a country from developing.

Of course we shouldn't let them think that we will feed them forever, but you must remember Somalia (what i know about that problem is from the movie Black Hawk Down because I was 4 years old when it all started). As it says in my bible (i'm orthodox), even if i'm not a fan of bible or of divine intervention, don't give a men a fish learn him how to fish.

ok, so some African countries get the possibility of a $50 billion relief program. But: This has been decided by the G8-nation's secretaries of finances about half a year ago, the only thing they've done now was presenting this to the public. Actually, the secretaries said they'd manage to raise $56 billion and not just $50 billion.The sad thing: Those countries who are supposed to be in this program from the start already did so and the 20 nations who might get involved within the next few years - will have to fulfill the extremes of the neoliberal dogma before they can get some of the money. A hint: Since Argentine, the world should know that open, unregulated markets can become very instable and in the World Development Report 2004 [published by the WTO], the WTO finally admitted indirectly that Neoliberalism is not the source of wealth...

ok, so some African countries get the possibility of a $50 billion relief program. But: This has been decided by the G8-nation's secretaries of finances about half a year ago, the only thing they've done now was presenting this to the public. Actually, the secretaries said they'd manage to raise $56 billion and not just $50 billion.
The sad thing: Those countries who are supposed to be in this program from the start already did so and the 20 nations who might get involved within the next few years - will have to fulfill the extremes of the neoliberal dogma before they can get some of the money. A hint: Since Argentine, the world should know that open, unregulated markets can become very instable and in the World Development Report 2004 [published by the WTO], the WTO finally admitted indirectly that Neoliberalism is not the source of wealth...

I really don't belive in what is written on paper because they can lie for whatever reasons. People are still suffering of hunger while Buch & co. discuss how to invade a new country for the same old reason: OIL

I've heard this theory before, but I dont know if it is credible enough. Just take some time to read.Before going to war with Iraq, Bush was really sure that he would find WMD(Weapons Of Mass Destruction) there. Therefore, he invited Blair and some other countries to attack Iraq with full confidence. But until today, do you realize there is nothing there, nothing, nada, none! And the worst thing you need to realize about this is that Bush forced the US army to march into the war without any approval of NATO!.But today, Bush is loosing the support of every other countries. Blair, most importantly has been the best supporter of Bush is also tired of waiting. Plus, the coming G8 meeting would most probably condemn Bush administration for the war that he brought to Iraq, which yield no result, but the death of some number between 22,787 to 25,814 of Iraqi civiliants there. This does not include the death of those who believed to be terroris. My friends, this is a VERY huge number.Thefore, to take Blair's back in Bush coalition, he need to do something that can make Blair stay beside him again. Plus, with this, the G8 leaders will still see that this so called terroris are still very-very dangerous and it will justify most of Bush's wicked action. So, that's what happened in London.It is not the fault of America, but the wrong doing of Bush.I heard this before too;"kill 1 it's murder kill 100000 it's foreign policy". Please dig into it.Tell me what you think.