xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
clagnol

Happy Pills I taught myself how to make gel pills

Posted Image

I know the lettering is a little blurry. It looked much more crisp before I shrunk it down.

Critique if you like.

heh what a funny thing to make. It looks so good I want to eat it.What program did you use to make it? Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro?hehe S_M ^ is a joker!!

Oooh, a glowing pill. Nice job.

Make the background transparent, like Johnny said, and it'll look even better.

good job so wheres the blue pill :unsure:

159341[/snapback]

Haha, he can use the Hue/Saturation thing in Photoshop to easily make it blue.

It lives upto its nick name 'Happy Pills'. I like this red thingy. It looks cute and bold. The lettering could be a little more clear, right now its a bit blur as you yourself have admitted. And of course like others have said, the background could be transparent as well so that you can place anywhere without appearing differently with the background of its surrounding.The shiny part looks professional. Why don't ou post some good tutorial on this kind of effect? ^^

Might wanna use a transparent BG though.

159322[/snapback]

I thought about it, then decided that a transparent background would complicate the little red shadow immensely. Perhaps I'll try this next time.

heh what a funny thing to make. It looks so good I want to eat it.

What program did you use to make it? Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro?

159346[/snapback]

Photoshop

The shiny part looks professional. Why don't ou post some good tutorial on this kind of effect? ^^

159439[/snapback]

I think I will. I was waiting to see if people liked it, first.

That looks great. Coming to a pharmacy near you soon! :unsure:

What on earth made you want to make that?

159463[/snapback]

I saw a commercial on TV with shiny gel buttons and for the first time, really focused on what made them shiny. As it turns out, this effect is really easy to recreate.

Thanks for all the feedback, guys.

Hm...now that I look a little more closely, the lighting of the pill seems a little off. Like if a light were shining at that angle, it would produce a different-looking highlight. But it's not that obvious. Nothing to worry about.@Cerb -- "How deep the rabbit hole goes". Lol. Not sure if anyone else caught that, but I thought it was hilarious. :unsure: