xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fillrbnny

Tiger Woods Pga Tour 2005 Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2005

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 2005 is a great game to play with your friends. The create a character mode is the base of this whole game,you can chang ever detail of your character. From doing the robot after making a put or breaking your golf club after missing a put or landing in the bunker. If you want a game that never get old ,this is the gameTiger Woods PGA TOUR 2005 gets a 10 out of 10second thoughts?

Personalising your character has also continued to evolve to an incredible degree. Your character?s face and body shape is so complex that whatever you look like, you can literally put yourself into the game. If anything, it?s almost too complex; just incredible. There are many new sponsors with more clothing and equipment options, so many that they now have a Pro Shop search engine to help you find the item and brand you?re looking for. They also have enough variety that whether you?re one of the Designer Guys or have the taste of a myopic packrat, you?re bound to find a clothing combination that suits you. As your character advances in the game, a larger range of clothing and accessories become available for purchase. Seeing a larger range of animations and clothing for the female golfers is a welcome addition. I hope they continue to include even more clothing options in next year?s game. I love the fact I can give a character a Scottish cap, or an African bead bracelet. I admit, though, I would like to finally see characters besides Natalie Gulbis able to wear their long hair outside of their hat instead of tucking it up. Putting has changed slightly, but I think for the better. The grid is gone, which will be a trial for some, but I never could read the thing right anyway and always left it turned off. I?ve found that with a bit of practice, you can judge as well as the computer how far 7 inches right and 1 foot, 4 inches long is. New is an ability called Tiger Vision. This allows you to see exactly where to aim your marker a couple of times per round. Some think this makes things too easy, but I don?t agree. You can only use it a couple times per round and you can also go to Options and shut it off completely to make the game that little bit harder. As in past versions of the game, when you have low skill, your caddy isn?t as good at making suggestions as he is at higher skill levels, and he isn?t always right on at any level. Even Tiger Vision isn?t fool-proof, only working to sink your ball about 90% of the time. So, putting remains a challenge; how much, depending on yourself and the options you?ve chosen.Some have said that the entire game is too easy, actually. However, I don?t find this to be the case. Perhaps they?re just much better at playing than I am. The game has an ?easy mode?, so to speak, where you can include options like getting advice from your caddy on everything about the course, having L1 give you a Power Boost to your swing to let you hit further, L2 to give you spin on the ball to control it in ways that truly boggle physics, and so on. On the other hand, you can shut off all these options and play in Tour Mode as well, in which case you?re in for a considerable challenge, especially on a Tiger-proofed course.Graphics, as always, are superb and very life-like. Sounds are very realistic. It?s almost like watching the real thing on television. If I have one beef with the sounds, it?s that the same rap tune plays constantly while I?m in the Gameface menu and I can?t shut it off unless I shut off all menu sounds completely (which is the preferable choice for me after hearing this song for the umpteen thousandth time). The commentating is as humorous this year as last. Sometimes witty, sometimes sarcastic, and they don?t mind letting you know if they think you?re playing well or poorly.Character advancement is done by buying upgrades to your abilities and buying new clothing, accessories and equipment. Now we come to the major beef most people have with the game, self included. You can max out your character before even entering the PGA season. How can the season be entertaining enough to last ten years of your star?s career when there is essentially no benefit to playing besides watching your golfer play the same 18 holes 4 times in a row and win another several hundred thousand he has no use for. In fact, they?ve made it easier to max your character out in a short amount of time in this year?s game than last year?s. I don?t know, but I suspect this is because they don?t have any ideas about what to do about it. So, on the off-chance someone involved in designing the game reads this, let me make a few suggestions.? Only award the players money in PGA mode, give them other things in other modes, like Legend Coins, gear, animations and so on. This means you must play the PGA season to improve, but you must play the other modes to gain things useful to other aspects of the game.? On a related note, how about removing the calendar rewards and using them as some of the rewards given in place of money were the above suggestion adopted. I mean, really, does anyone actually circle dates on their calendar and tell their friends ?sorry guys, not today, gotta hurry home and beat Alistair to win his hat??? Make the signing bonus for all companies the same amount instead of rapidly increasing sums of money, but keep the increasing reward for wearing the sponsor?s goods. This lessens the amount the characters make for gaining a new sponsor (meaning they have to play more games to improve) but continues to reward them a little more for using a new sponsor?s products than an older sponsor?s ones. The reason the characters advance so quickly is because they?re provided too much money in rewards and bonuses. Unlike real people, these characters have no houses or cars to spend their money on.Replayability is very high on a game like this, since whether you?re on a mission to improve your character, build your own course, or just have fun, the whole point is to go whack a few balls on the world?s most renowned and challenging courses. This game allows you to do that and then some. With all the options this game has, when you?re in the mood to play some digital golf, there is no way you could possibly get bored in this game. Never mind renting it; if golf is your thing, I think you?re quite safe shelling out the sheckles to put this title on your shelf.I give it a 10/10

Yea.. I liked the game a lot.. the thing with your character was made great.. with buying stuff and that... I never play online or over lan cus i never found anyone to play with...