xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fillrbnny

Soul Calibur 2 Soul Calibur 2

Like fast action fighting games? this is the game for you. Soul Calibur 2 is a game where each character has his/her own weapon with nearly and endless amount of combos and special attacks. You can also change the weapon you use which will affect how you fight. This game had me and my friends playing for hours. this game gets a 10 out of 10.second thoughts?

From the minute I played the arcade mode demo at Best Buy or Wal-mart I knew I had to buy this game the minute it came out. Also depending on which system you buy it for you get a special character. (There are a lot of other really cool characters to choose from, also)Nintendo = LinkPlaystation= SpawnXbox=some old guy(sorry I don't know who it is) :unsure: This is a great game to play with your friends or alone in the "Weapon Master" mode.definite ten out of ten.

he, funny thing about that game, my freind who was "the greatest soul calibur player ever" chalenged me over at his house, so we play, where hes been playing for like a year, and I just pick up the controller, having no clue what the hell I'm doing. So I push a bunch of buttons, (I don't have a gamecube, so I don't know what did what) and I actually beat him. It was so funny, you should have been there.

I got it for like 20 bucks at Sears(o.O), thought it would just be another game to play then get tired of, lala, cheap entertainment. But once I got into it I loved it, awesome gameplay, good characters, and nice graphics too.Plus, if I ever get bored playing alone, I can always get my cuzin to play multi vs me, and a few others, always fun :P

Soul Calibur 2My Rating: 10/10One of the truly best fighting games of the new generation. The styles the game play. Simply the best I do say. If you are after a good fighting game that you can play forever and has great replay value. I majorly suggest this game to any of the hardcore fighting gamers *nods*

I got it for like 20 bucks at Sears(o.O), thought it would just be another game to play then get tired of, lala, cheap entertainment. But once I got into it I loved it, awesome gameplay, good characters, and nice graphics too.

Plus, if I ever get bored playing alone, I can always get my cuzin to play multi vs me, and a few others, always fun  :D

161918[/snapback]

yeh, that is another thing that is great about it. Sure you get better after playing for longer, but it isn't hard to get the hang of. And playing other people in multiplayer is a lot of fun.

Every once in a while I get frustrated because of certain characters abilities.

Like Ivy for example. she has a long distance weapon, the whip. This makes me angry because I can't get a hit on her when she uses it.

Another character is Link. Don't get me wrong I think he is cool and all, but he has a bow and arrow and bombs he can throw.

Right now those are the only flaws I can think of.

What's amazing is that the space between the storylines of Soul Caliber 1 and 2 are the same as the time elapsed when those games were released. When everyone was done exacting revenge, trying to take over the world, or just find the Soul Edge in Soul Caliber 1, everyone went home and soon discovered that something's a miss. Well, it's 4 years later and everyone is back doing the same things all over again. The storylines are so well represented in the endings, the destined battles, and the character profiles, even new comers to the series have a vivid picture of why everyone is here. Not only that a new Weapon Master mode has been added. Namco incorporated and blended together an interesting mix of an interactive novel, RPG-like gameplay, and the normal fighting portion into one logical adventure to find the real Soul Edge. Fighting games are always about how the whole thing plays out. The way the damage is set, the unique characters style, and the way the characters can move, all play a crucial role in determining the fun factor of the game. I'd like to think that this game ranks high in all the categories discussed in the previous sentence. Then there's many other crazy and fun additions mostly found in Weapon Master mode. In certain fights, there maybe an increase in wind causing a character falling out of the ring more frequent or changes of the fighting area into quicksand or ice instead of the normal solid surfaces. Really nice, Namco. What I love about fighting games is the fact that knowing which buttons are punch and kick, then your set to play; however, it takes a long time to truly perfect the game. The game mostly revolves around the fighting scenes. The controls are really easy to learn. There's a horizontal slash, vertical slash, kick, and block button. Now knowing how to use the soul charge, guard impact, and using the walls to your advantage takes a lot of practice. The graphics are stunning! If you've noticed the intro movie alone, Namco has out done them selves since Tekken 4 (Yes, Namco makes the Tekken series). The backgrounds are really cool looking and painfully detailed. The books in the library stage the wrinkles on the wings of the windmills in the windmill stage, and don't forget the cherry blossoms falling as an intro to the Japanese stage, are all great examples of what I'm talking about. There are little to know stage interaction in Arcade mode so that's an issue that Namco might attend to next time. Still that doesn't stop me from deducting some points from the game. You cannot mess with the various audio elements in the game. The audio is best compared to recent RPGs made by Square-Enix. Each character, except for Charade, has around 60-80 dialogues to say. Yes, even Voldo has that much even though its all grunts and screams muffled by the bandage over his mouth. Plus what's cool is the fact you can choose one of four phrases to say while waiting to fight on the versus screen. The music is really fitting to the various stages. There's an Egyptian feeling when fighting within a temple and as always, a musical tribute to the Armageddon-like final stage...despotic and yet invigorating. Then there's the sound of clashing of steel and flesh bounding into the body that all fighting games must recreate into a digital sound. If your asking yourself whether to buy or rent it, the most reasonable answer is to buy a copy or three (If you own a Gamecube and/or X-box). Yeah, it's fun playing against the computer, but playing against a friend is where fighting game's life is infinite. Every other type of game whether it's Grand Theft Auto, Final Fantasy, or Metal Gear Solid, all have a point where everything is completed and there's nothing left to do besides deleting the file and starting over again to do. Another great advantage of buying is the fact that it might take a good 2-4 weeks to collect all the weapons, finish Weapon Master mode, collect and beat all the extra modes, and finish the game with all the characters. Man, looking at the list makes me feel all tingly inside.