xisto Community
BordaForx

I Hate Smokers 2nd hand smoke

Who here hate smokers? I mean, they go into a restaurant, sit in a non-smoking section, and smoke, ignoring the sign. I also want to tell everybody that 2nd hand smoking is actually worse than the smoker himself smoking it. In Houston, the mayor has already banned smoking in restaurants. Well, you know my vent, I hate it when people smoke right in front of you while you're in a casual conversation. I can't stand the smell. I know I can't just cover my nose so I usually just walk away. I think smoking should be banned and I hope it will...sometime...soon...

Edited by BordaForx (see edit history)

Well, not all smokers are like that. Most do sit in the smoking sections, but I don't care much about myself getting second hand smoke one bit. Second hand smoke may be worse for you, but in the same volume as a cigarette. When you inhale second hand smoke from 5 feet away, you won't get barely 5% the exhaled smoke. If it bugs you that much you could go and tell a waiter or waitress that the person or persons are in the wrong section.

It was a little inconsiderate of you to take the prejudice of implying that all smokers are like that. My parents hardly ever smoke around me. Each of them smokes 1-3 cigarettes a day, and they always go in the open garage or out into our backyard to smoke. They don't smoke in restaurants, and if they ever needed one that bad they would go outside and smoke it.

I have a question for you:

Do you hate all smokers? Even ones that you don't know? What if your parents, brother, or sister smoked? Would you hate them? Of course not!

I'm sorry if I made this seem like a bashing session, but I need to vent myself on prejudices and stereotypes.

In Houston, the mayor has already gotten smoking banned in restaurants.

Wow, what a nice mayor. I wish i had a mayor that banned smoking.

I know I can't just cover my nose (One of my friends got beat up for that.)

Even if it would get me beaten up, i'd still do it, just to get my point out there.

I still dont understand why people smoke even though they know it can damage them in the long run. As for the idiots that smoke cause they were under pressure from their friends telling them to. They should have just said "no!" and never see those "friends" again. Cigarette companies should stop filtering cigarettes and the government should raise the taxes by like 5 dollars on all brands.

well a law might get passed in england where smoking will be banned in public places, i hope it gets passed, people that smoke in public places have no respect for other people, ******s.

NovaTerra (NeoGeo?), where do you live? I've seen people get beaten up for stupid reasons, but I can't imagine anyone getting beaten up for covering their noses, where I live.

i hate smokers too ... i hate that smoke smell very much ... even i scold my father if he smokes in front of me ... second hand smoke is bad for health ... even worse than smoker themselves ... so i strongly wished that everyone smoker will stop smoking .. but i think this is very impossible ....

I spent a lot of time around second hand smoke growing up. Pretty much everyone in my entire family tree smoked besides me. About 7 years ago, the second hand smoke really started getting to me. I wish my mom would just quit, but she's started going outside whenever she has to smoke.Some people try to be nice about it. But then you get people like my dad, who blow smoke in your face if you cough. (I don't hang out with that guy anymore)

Yes, a friend of mine is a second hand smoker and she's less then 18 years old. I find it sad how people smoke that like. But I can't blame them, they should have a good reason to be smoking. If not, don't feel sorry for them and just keep your distance from them. I don't hate smokers in general. I only hate particular smokers who ruin other people's lives with second hand smoking, especially little kids.

Well, to till you honestly if you want to banned cigarrettes many will be against you, 70% of earth pupolations are smokers, some are thankful for having out of smoke but your right, they'll get more than the smokers get when they smell the smoke from others.I hate smoke too, sometimes I get mad when somebody smoke near me, I remember when I was riding a jeepney with my 6 months old baby, one of the passengers smoke beside me and I asked him to stop because there is a young baby might near him, he get mad at me but I keep on telling him to stop until we almost fight inside the passenger jeep, see many are addicted to cigarrettes, but I think no one can stop this, as in no one.:unsure:

It's bad for you to begin with - why would anyone want to char their lungs and ruin their lives? There was a guy I read about that used to smoke several packs a day even though his children were allergic to it. Might have been Reader's Digest.While I hate our mayor for a lot of things, at least he managed to do a little bit of good by eliminating smoking (I live in Houston). That doesn't help the smog and nasties that are everywhere else.

(I live in Houston)

158670[/snapback]

Me, too.

Well, I never said I hated all smokers. You should try to keep your distance away if you don't want to inhale smoke. I know alot of people in earth smoke. Some people, like my Grandfather, died because of smoking. They know their harming themselves. They're just addicted and can't help it. Some won't even admit it makes them better. I also think education about smoking in classess would help children learn that smoking is not only bad for themselves, but could harm other people.

Me, too.

Well, I never said I hated all smokers. You should try to keep your distance away if you don't want to inhale smoke. I know alot of people in earth smoke. Some people, like my Grandfather, died because of smoking. They know their harming themselves. They're just addicted and can't help it. Some won't even admit it makes them better. I also think education about smoking in classess would help children learn that smoking is not only bad for themselves, but could harm other people.

158678[/snapback]

I was very surprised to see more then one person here agreeing that smoking is a bad thing, it seems like almost everyone here in Illinois is or has been a smoker before. I have no trouble believing that 70% statistic. To my knowledge noone in my immediate family has smoked before, my mom was considering starting but we weren't too happy about that idea and she apparently never started soo...

My Grandpa John used to smoke a pipe and my Grandma Lois died of cancer believed to be related to his smoking. What's bad is my grandpa divorced her and instantly remarried several years before she died too, and didn't support her during that time, hoping she'd sell the house, which she didn't... So, I've never had too high an opinion of smokers. I don't hate them though but smoking literally makes me ill.

I have an excellent sense of smell and can tell what is being cooked at our house quite often just as I'm reaching the property, let alone the porch. I have gone 20 feet away from people smoking and had coughing fits, and me and my dad have had debates on which smells worse, skunks, manure, or cigarettes (I've smelled all 3 but still hold with cigarettes being the worst).

My most polite way of dealing with cigarette smokers in the vicinity is to sidetrack around them, hundreds of feet if I have to, and simply hold my breath. When they're too close though I'll also cover my mouth and nose and hurry by as quickly as possible. I just cannot stand the smell or getting it in my lungs at all... Also, I'm pretty athletic and I think people find me a bit intimidating so I've never been confronted about my habits towards cigarette/pipe smoke in the area. Did the person who got beat up tell authorities or anyone? Just curious.

Cigarette/pipe smoke is one of my biggest pet peeves, and I'd be all for a world devoid of cigarette and pipe smoke. Certain employers are actually not hiring smokers who smoke even on their own time from what I hear. I have a severe prejudice towards smokers (who smoke in public areas anyway) that leads me to instantly write them off as insensitive and inconsiderate of others since they are subjecting not only themselves but all who come around them to the dangers of smoking, since second-hand smoke is even more dangerous to those around them.

Hopefully the states will at least shoot taxes on booze and cigarettes through the roof.

I call people that smoke in public areas, "cheap terrorists". If you think about it, that's what they basically are. They're damaging the people around them without any respect for others and their lives.

Are you a communist? Why do you hate freedom?

Please, answer these questions. Why do you want to deny people the right to enjoy their vices and live a life where they are their own decision makers? People have died for the right to freedom, and here comes an ignorant child that has been brainwashed by the psycho media into believing that they are fighting for freedom themselves. HELL NO!. You're not fighting for anything other than oppression.

I agree, that everyone is entitled to their own freedom, and hence, why we call it "Freedom" and not "License". But you nubiles want to oppress smokers and make them submit to your lifestyle, which is no better than smokers blowing contaminated air in your faces.

I support anyone that wants to smoke for their own sake, for the same fundamental reason why I support the legalization of natural "drugs", and alcohol. For the same reason why I agree that everyone has a right to live freely. For the same reason that I support Freedom of Speech and Democracy.

Anyone that says they hate smokers are hipocritical animals that believe they are better than everyone else simply because they do not share the same vices. And in my opinion that makes you worse than the worst of drug-addicts.

There has to be laws regulating when/where people can do anything to make sure people don't infringe on other's freedom, but that doesn't mean banning smoking all together. Smoking outside is non of your concern, smoking in my house is non of your concern, smoking in public places where smoking is allowed is non of your concern, unless someone walks up to you and starts blowing-puff in your face, you have no right to be enraged.

Who are you to judge smokers on their own personal vices? If you judge people for being smokers, you are openly giving me the right to judge you for being African, or for wearing black socks. You have your right to think freely, but not opress others based on your opinions. That is something I can never permit. Ever. I will gladly die for that, if it means maintaining one ounce of what makes the free world free.

If I wan't to slowly kill myself with smoke, so be it. It's my choice. MINE. You don't see me telling you to not eat at MacDonalds and banning MacDonald's because it's unhealthy, do you?

If you're concerned for the well being of others or your environment, fight for accepting the Kyoto Protocol. Be an advocate for cleaner fuels. Help stop global warming by not throwing out so much trash, and recycling. Donate to just organizations that really help those poor people in the middle-east that your governments have destroyed over the years by raping their oil reserved and destroying their lands, turning them into nothing more than useless deserts; those people that don't even have the ability to smoke if they wanted to. Help fight against pollution and find solutions to cleaning the Earth's water supply. Boycott companies that exercise unmoral practices in order to save money and resources.

You are the peasants that make me sick. You think you're doing the world a favour, in reality, you're not. You're the ones being conter-intuative, and destructive.

I have more of a right to be enraged at you, than you have a right to be angry at me. I bet I've done more in my life to make this world a better place, than some pinko'-whino that thinks smoking is what makes this world evil.

I'm going to answer the post on top of mine.

Well, Notoroge, you believe in Freedom. When you think that way it's wrong. By what you're saying, I hear that you want no laws. All those murder laws. We won't be able to murder someone because we hate them. Thats not what freedom is about. Also, I never said I wanted to ban it. It's just a nuisance. Well, it should be banned in restaurants because the smokers smoke in a confined area, and the non-smokers all smell it ( lung cancer ). Natural drugs, should also not be legalized, unless given out by doctors. Drugs does harm to people. It could harm someone who is innocent. Someone taking drugs would go high and would harm an innocent man. Thats why it's illegal. This is not freedom, it's law. Freedom means, freedom of speach, you can say whatever you want. Freedom of press: Put whatever you want on the newspapaper, books. Alot of other stuff, but it never said anything about law.

If I wan't to slowly kill myself with smoke, so be it. It's my choice. MINE. You don't see me telling you to not eat at MacDonalds and banning MacDonald's because it's unhealthy, do you?

Your also killing other people when you smoke. McDonalds? It doesn't kill you, it makes you fat. It doesn't harm other people around you, does it?

Well, I hope you people see the point.