xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
clagnol

Bloody Photoshopped Picture Contains a curse word and fake blood

Don't click on the link if you are offended by curses or blood.This is my first attempt at realistic blood. I've only gotten positive reviews so far [if grossing someone out can be considered "positive"], but I'm sure some of you photoshoppers out there have valid criticisms.Without further delay, I present to you:Tony-O's Last Stand

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
You can use non-expletive words to test out the real blood effect--such as "The First Blood" etc. Removing link.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Hm...the blood on the cloth looks very realistic, but the blood on the wall seems odd...something about the lighting, I think.Anyway, nice job, although I'm not quite sure if this is allowed...I'll have to ask some of the other staffies.

well it is offensive picture so it is against the TOS cool and funny though but must be taken off.

I agree with Johnny the blood on the cloth is great but the words should be written on by a finger. it looks more like someone scratched it on. lighting of the wall blood on the right could be fixed up a bit better. but otherwise it's good

I am going to agree with the other posters, first it is very offensive and as such will probably be removed for violation of the TOS. The blood on the towel is VERY realistic and extremely well done, but the words are not so great. First problem, blood is a liquid, as such there are two problems with what is written on the wall, #1, it is not dripping in any way, blood doesn't drip like water, but it is still a liquid so it should drip some, #2, no shine, I suppose if it was dried blood it wouldn't shine, but it loses some of the effect. My other problem is it is too neat, the lines get too thin, and there is no smearing, I would doubt that you intended it to look like someone used a paint brush, but that is how it looks, sure they did a poor job with a paintbrush, but the blood is too even, and are no thin/thick spots just thick/narrow. Over all pretty good dispite my criticisms, but I took your post as to be a request for critical reviews, as such I gave it.Just my opinon, feel free to take it or leave it.

Okay, I asked some other staffies, and they said it should be fine as it shows fair warning beforehand and it's linked offsite. The question is still open to admins, so if they feel it needs to be removed, they may do so.Sorry if any of the members are offended, but there was fair warning, so you yourself did it.

Darn, I wish I'd gotten to this before the link was removed. I've been trying to create a realistic blood effect for my sigs... as of yet, to no avail. Perhaps the thread starter could PM me the link? :unsure: (Hint, Hint)

i know there are some brushes with the blood splatter but to make it realistic..... not goign to finish it.

I actually asked about this just after I joined Xisto. Many people gave their own responses but the most official response came from Whyme:

Xisto has had some more "explict" topics that have been discussed about, such as:

-10 Year Old Girl Raped

-Thai Food And Cannibalism

- Cyber Sex

Therefore, yes, it is allowed, but not to the extent that even an adult would be offended by the content. Also, you would have to place a little "warning sentence" before you post the content, so minors would be aware of it.

edit: a final note, if the content is *really* explict, then you would have to say that in the topic description area. (i.e. - explict content - no minors). Otherwise, I wouldn't even post it.

-whyme

67949[/snapback]

I covered my bases with the warning, and title description, but there really is no way to make sure that no one is offended. I think this forum's policy toward offensive material is "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it".

The people who make the decisions here at Xisto should seriously consider lifting their censorship over material deemed "offensive" in favor of a reasonable system of warning, such as I employed in this thread.

Think of this not as a complaint, but as a serious suggestion.

Hm...guess Buffalo didn't like it too much. Alrighty, guess I'll know what to do next time.

I did not like it when I personally received 5 messages to the same thread...

I actually asked about this just after I joined Xisto. Many people gave their own responses but the most official response came from Whyme:

I covered my bases with the warning, and title description, but there really is no way to make sure that no one is offended. I think this forum's policy toward offensive material is "I can't define it, but I know it when I see it".

The people who make the decisions here at Xisto should seriously consider lifting their censorship over material deemed "offensive" in favor of a reasonable system of warning, such as I employed in this thread.

Think of this not as a complaint, but as a serious suggestion.

158613[/snapback]

It's tough to define the correct ways to censor materials. Yes, the fair warning was given. However, I felt to remove the link because the expletive word was not needed to show the writing in blood AND show the bloody written effect. The censorship I made did not come from the whole content but, it (the curse word) wasn't necessary to show the total Photoshop blood like creation. By that mean, I suggested that you could have written "The First Blood" instead of said chosen curse word to "show" writings in blood.

I hope that I am making it clear for my decision to remove the link. If you prefer to post, perhaps, the same picture with different writing, please feel free.